Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Toronto [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The St. Regis Toronto [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2021, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Ended up using a SNA for the St. Regis. Despite the posts above about getting upgraded, glad I used the SNA. Appears to be sold out now for Thursday.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by AdeAhmed
thanks to you and all that posted

i value breakfast and upgrades which I think the st Regis beats the ritz on both counts

Btw what’s the tv situation? I hope they at least have Netflix? I was in a nice suite at the Niagara Sheraton but bad tv put a damper for me.

lastly platinums get a choice between points, breakfast and amenity…curious as to what the amenity is?
for anyone interested, completed my 5 night stay on points

platinum breakfast was indeed $83.27 credit per room per day - typically they say enough for 2 continental breakfasts (plus the $9.50 service charge), but in my experience can order anything off menu and be credited the same amount if looking to conserve funds. There is no kids breakfast menu, but they do have kids offerings on request...we only ever did chocolate chip pancakes for $10...given our credit we didnt mind spending a bit over relatively speaking for pancakes...also the breakfast burger is very good!

as platinum was upgraded to a deluxe corner suite on request via chat...was told by chat that was the highest suite level available as an upgrade..not sure how the SNA are interconnected as a poster above said they were able to get a 2 bedroom suite using an SNA so perhaps SNAs result in a better outcome

the suite itself was nice, although smaller than i anticipated as a lot of space was taken by a second half bathroom that was not of much use. tv was typical upgraded offering for streaming with netflix and youtube, as well as amazon prime and the ability to connect any device via HDMI (did not use that)
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by krazieman
Ended up using a SNA for the St. Regis. Despite the posts above about getting upgraded, glad I used the SNA. Appears to be sold out now for Thursday.
what type of suite did you get upgraded to?
Old Oct 19, 2021, 2:36 pm

I was told by the hotel staff that 2 bedroom suite is no longer applicable with SNA, it was available I believe couple years ago.
Did you apply SNA for your stay? I have a stay in January, not applying SNA. Do you have to request an upgrade via chat or they will automatically upgrade you without asking at checkin? (Anyone has any experience?)
Also staying at the Ritz, just going to try my luck and see if I will get upgraded there
Old Oct 20, 2021, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by doenutt
I was told by the hotel staff that 2 bedroom suite is no longer applicable with SNA, it was available I believe couple years ago.
Did you apply SNA for your stay? I have a stay in January, not applying SNA. Do you have to request an upgrade via chat or they will automatically upgrade you without asking at checkin? (Anyone has any experience?)
Also staying at the Ritz, just going to try my luck and see if I will get upgraded there
I did not use SNAs (never had before, although this stay just qualified me so thats kind of cool)

I always request upgrades via chat...so far I have a 100% success rate with that...was told they upgraded me as far as possible...
Old Oct 20, 2021, 10:55 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Corner Deluxe
Old Oct 20, 2021, 1:16 pm

I did not use SNAs (never had before, although this stay just qualified me so thats kind of cool)

I always request upgrades via chat...so far I have a 100% success rate with that...was told they upgraded me as far as possible...
Good to know, I will give that a try! Did you request on the day of checkin?
Old Oct 21, 2021, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by krazieman
Corner Deluxe
i suppose if you have expiring SNAs its nice to get a guarantee, but I was upgraded to the same just as a platinum without using/having any SNAs
Old Oct 21, 2021, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by doenutt
Good to know, I will give that a try! Did you request on the day of checkin?
i requested as soon as chat was available...which I was believe the night before check in
Old Oct 22, 2021, 6:41 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold and Current Platinum, Hilton Gold
Please forgive what I’m sure is a stupid question…

i requested as soon as chat was available...which I was believe the night before check in
Where is this chat feature that you all are requesting upgrades through? Thanks!
Old Oct 22, 2021, 10:55 am

Programs: AC50K, *A Gold, Marriott Titanium (LGE), Hilton Diamond
Staying at the property for a week next week. Applied 4 (expiring) and one new SNA to immediately clear into a corner deluxe room five days out. Asked via chat about Titanium upgrade to Grand Deluxe - quote $150/night, which I politely declined.

Interesting note - SNAs don't seem to allow upgrades to the two-bedroom anymore. Seems that this was moved to be considered a "specialty suite".
bizum likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Nash_Andrew
Where is this chat feature that you all are requesting upgrades through? Thanks!
Marriott Chat feature - only available in app. Shows up about 2 days prior to arrival in the bottom right
Nash_Andrew likes this.
Old May 24, 2022, 11:36 am

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by loganre17
Staying at the property for a week next week. Applied 4 (expiring) and one new SNA to immediately clear into a corner deluxe room five days out. Asked via chat about Titanium upgrade to Grand Deluxe - quote $150/night, which I politely declined.

Interesting note - SNAs don't seem to allow upgrades to the two-bedroom anymore. Seems that this was moved to be considered a "specialty suite".
How was breakfast at the property?
Old May 27, 2022, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by brokenwindow
How was breakfast at the property?
Very good. They were strict about following the number of guests in the property (so if I showed alone, I could only have breakfast for 1...my usual trick of having takeaway lunch not allowed)

I'd recommend the eggs benny, and had it essentially every day.
Old May 27, 2022, 9:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by loganre17
Very good. They were strict about following the number of guests in the property (so if I showed alone, I could only have breakfast for 1...my usual trick of having takeaway lunch not allowed)

I'd recommend the eggs benny, and had it essentially every day.
Presumably you could have ordered breakfast for 2 over the phone, for pickup?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.