Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Toronto [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The St. Regis Toronto [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2021, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by Watkin
Completely agree. It's now on its third brand since it opened in 2012. The St Regis name on an office tower basically. But it is a comfortable stay nevertheless.
In fairness, I believe one of those names was just a temporary name while it was renovated to St. Regis standards.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 8:18 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond

While yes, a St Regis as part of a condo tower is not a lot to get excited about, it is very comfortable with large rooms and suites (and upgrades are pretty much guaranteed), has a good breakfast for elites and is quiet. It has been renovated to get rid of the tru*p stench and is in a good location for tourists.
What’s wrong with having the hotel part of the condo tower. Being limited to lower floors? I feel like the condo owners usually complain more about the hotel than the other way around.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by WasKnown
What’s wrong with having the hotel part of the condo tower. Being limited to lower floors? I feel like the condo owners usually complain more about the hotel than the other way around.
It's not a problem being in a condo tower (yes, the hotel is on the lower levels). It's just when you hear the St Regis brand you think of majestic buildings with grand entrances, large public spaces, etc. You definitely don't get that here.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 6:19 am

Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
It's not a problem being in a condo tower (yes, the hotel is on the lower levels). It's just when you hear the St Regis brand you think of majestic buildings with grand entrances, large public spaces, etc. You definitely don't get that here.
Understood. Thanks
Old Sep 22, 2021, 8:28 am

hi all...thinking of doing a staycation in the next few weeks...deciding between the st. regis and ritz carlton...both on points...seems that st regis gets better platinum benefits (ie breakfast amenity and suite upgrades) vs ritz carlton...any thoughts...wife and i and young kids...btw we are from toronto

edit: also, i dont think the st regis has a lounge, does it? if it does, is it open to platinum these days?

lastly, any idea on bfast amenity and how it relates to kids? ive seen some places do kids under 5 free, others do under 3 free, and 2.50 for 4 year olds and 5 for 5 plus.

Last edited by AdeAhmed; Sep 22, 2021 at 8:43 am
Old Sep 26, 2021, 11:00 pm

Does anyone know if the 2 bedroom suite is available for SNA? It's doesn't seem to be available during my dates
Old Sep 27, 2021, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by doenutt
Does anyone know if the 2 bedroom suite is available for SNA? It's doesn't seem to be available during my dates
The best room I can SNA into is the Deluxe Corner Suite
Old Sep 27, 2021, 11:26 am

The best room I can SNA into is the Deluxe Corner Suite
how hard is it to get upgraded to the two bedroom suite?
Old Sep 27, 2021, 11:44 am

how hard is it to get upgraded to the two bedroom suite?
So I wasn’t aware of this at the time of my stay but the two bedroom suite is considered a specialty suite there. I think they have very few (perhaps even just 1). You can book it directly for a (relatively) reasonable cash upgrade price but should contact the hotel directly about that. I don’t remember what I paid. It doesn’t seem like people book it often.
bizum likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 11:50 am

So I wasn’t aware of this at the time of my stay but the two bedroom suite is considered a specialty suite there. I think they have very few (perhaps even just 1). You can book it directly for a (relatively) reasonable cash upgrade price but should contact the hotel directly about that. I don’t remember what I paid. It doesn’t seem like people book it often.
Oh I see, didn't realize it is that rare. Do you think it was worth it?
Old Sep 27, 2021, 11:54 am

Oh I see, didn't realize it is that rare. Do you think it was worth it?
Depends on what you want. I was hosting people so the space was worth it for me. It also has hardwood floors whereas the other suites/rooms do not. I wouldn’t pay for it if it was just going to be and a +1 traveling to Toronto to explore the city.
doenutt likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by AdeAhmed
hi all...thinking of doing a staycation in the next few weeks...deciding between the st. regis and ritz carlton...both on points...seems that st regis gets better platinum benefits (ie breakfast amenity and suite upgrades) vs ritz carlton...any thoughts...wife and i and young kids...btw we are from toronto

edit: also, i dont think the st regis has a lounge, does it? if it does, is it open to platinum these days?

lastly, any idea on bfast amenity and how it relates to kids? ive seen some places do kids under 5 free, others do under 3 free, and 2.50 for 4 year olds and 5 for 5 plus.
Hi AdeAhmed, while I am not the ideal person to be replying considering that I have never stayed at the Ritz in Toronto, I have stayed at the St. Regis a number of times so here goes:

I have been upgraded - without even asking - more often than not (like 5 of 6 stays). In fact, since we often occupy 3 rooms, they will typically offer us 2 upgraded rooms. No lounge but the elite breakfast is very good, served in their restaurant (I think it is 30th or 31st floor) although they are quite flexible and my Mom was able to get the same benefit via room service. You can order anything you want up to an ~ $83 credit per room (sort of includes service/tip sometimes ...). Since I typically have several rooms, the hotel very generously extends the breakfast benefit to all 3 rooms (total daily breakfast credit: ~ $250). As you would imagine, their prices are high so you may have to pay a little extra but the quality and service are very good. Not sure about kids as mine are now adults (sob!) ...

And oh yeah, the rooms are very nice ;-) They have a nice though small indoor pool which must be reserved. We all really like the new cosmetic line. This hotel seems to attract some poor reviews but I find that it is a very strong offering - even relative to the St. Regis brand. This is our goto hotel in Toronto when we are there for leisure.

The Ritz chain generally does not offer much in the way of elite recognition so if you nonetheless prefer it, I would suggest calling ahead and asking what they can promise you - hopefully, at least free breakfast.

Good luck with wherever you to decide to staycation!
ABG and sirtiger like this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by LongLiveSPG
Hi AdeAhmed, while I am not the ideal person to be replying considering that I have never stayed at the Ritz in Toronto, I have stayed at the St. Regis a number of times so here goes:

I have been upgraded - without even asking - more often than not (like 5 of 6 stays). In fact, since we often occupy 3 rooms, they will typically offer us 2 upgraded rooms. No lounge but the elite breakfast is very good, served in their restaurant (I think it is 30th or 31st floor) although they are quite flexible and my Mom was able to get the same benefit via room service. You can order anything you want up to an ~ $83 credit per room (sort of includes service/tip sometimes ...). Since I typically have several rooms, the hotel very generously extends the breakfast benefit to all 3 rooms (total daily breakfast credit: ~ $250). As you would imagine, their prices are high so you may have to pay a little extra but the quality and service are very good. Not sure about kids as mine are now adults (sob!) ...

And oh yeah, the rooms are very nice ;-) They have a nice though small indoor pool which must be reserved. We all really like the new cosmetic line. This hotel seems to attract some poor reviews but I find that it is a very strong offering - even relative to the St. Regis brand. This is our goto hotel in Toronto when we are there for leisure.

The Ritz chain generally does not offer much in the way of elite recognition so if you nonetheless prefer it, I would suggest calling ahead and asking what they can promise you - hopefully, at least free breakfast.

I also hear this from the forums from different people as well, St Regis overall has better elite status recognition than the Ritz
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 5:34 pm

I also hear this from the forums from different people as well, St Regis overall has better elite status recognition than the Ritz
Depends on what you value. There are people on this forum that value elite breakfast very highly (and will avoid hotels solely on this basis). There are others that care less about this aspect. I think other aspects (suite upgrades) are very property (not flag) dependent.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by LongLiveSPG

thanks to you and all that posted

i value breakfast and upgrades which I think the st Regis beats the ritz on both counts

Btw what’s the tv situation? I hope they at least have Netflix? I was in a nice suite at the Niagara Sheraton but bad tv put a damper for me.

lastly platinums get a choice between points, breakfast and amenity…curious as to what the amenity is?
3rdworldresident likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.