Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Design Hotel: Do & Co, Vienna [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2017, 12:52 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

I was intrigued to see Do & Co, Vienna, pop up on the Starwood site as a Design Hotel. It's a level 5 property. It's an intimate property with just 43 rooms. It's across from St Stephen's Cathedral so has an iconic view. It's in the heart of the inner ring in an enviable location. It houses a one star Michelin restaurant as well as several other choices. So how is it to stay here?
Old Apr 13, 2019, 6:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Has anyone stayed here since SanDiego1K posted a couple of years ago? Would be interested in trip report.

Cat 5. Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...design-hotels/

"In the heart of Vienna, the Gothic spires of the eminent St. Stephen’s Cathedral soar skyward. Directly across the street, a futuristic glass and steel structure reflects this historic vision. The Haas Haus building is renowned architect Hans Hollein’s postmodern landmark. DO and CO Hotel Vienna brings the impeccable standards it set as an exclusive catering company to the world of hospitality. DO and CO offers sleek luxury, incredible views, and unparalleled comfort. As can be expected from a hotel helmed by the gastronomic genius Attila Dogudan, the property's culinary offerings include dining and bar options that span three floors, including the chic, sixth-story Onyx Bar and the Temple, a 12-seat private dining pavilion."
Old Aug 20, 2019, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Golden Circle Jade
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Has anyone stayed here since SanDiego1K posted a couple of years ago? Would be interested in trip report.

Cat 5. Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...design-hotels/

"In the heart of Vienna, the Gothic spires of the eminent St. Stephen’s Cathedral soar skyward. Directly across the street, a futuristic glass and steel structure reflects this historic vision. The Haas Haus building is renowned architect Hans Hollein’s postmodern landmark. DO and CO Hotel Vienna brings the impeccable standards it set as an exclusive catering company to the world of hospitality. DO and CO offers sleek luxury, incredible views, and unparalleled comfort. As can be expected from a hotel helmed by the gastronomic genius Attila Dogudan, the property's culinary offerings include dining and bar options that span three floors, including the chic, sixth-story Onyx Bar and the Temple, a 12-seat private dining pavilion."

Interested as well for a stay next summer.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 8:03 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
We saw the hotel while staying at the Imperial in 2017 and have had several friends stay there since. It certainly has a very cool and chic hard product. But we are more about service, and it reminded us of a W or Edition hard product trying too hard to be a nightclub. The public spaces were absolutely crowded beyond belief.

Our friends reported the same impressions we had: it's a very modern boutique hotel with a very modern chic design feel in the middle of central Vienna. Some might feel it's trying too hard, especially with the very "it crowd" and "see-and-be-seen" bar and restaurant scene. Its location is clearly a bonus and a curse in the same way as it is for the Danieli in Venice--right in the thick of things, but also smack dab in the middle of massive tour groups and masses of tourists. Service was a mixed impression, too: some found the staff to be fine, others to be less helpful. Rooms are on the small side, especially at the entry level, so you might want to book well above those. The price is high because of its location more than its level of service.

I get the sense that the W and Edition crowd would be happier here. But it may be a bit more pomp than circumstance for some.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
My Austrian colleagues have always said not to stay there because it’s like staying in Times Square in NYC. When I’m in Vienna for work I stay at the LeM due to a negotiated corporate rate.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 9:20 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by christianj
My Austrian colleagues have always said not to stay there because it’s like staying in Times Square in NYC. When I’m in Vienna for work I stay at the LeM due to a negotiated corporate rate.
Our tour guides in Vienna and for the Wachu both indicated to stay away from the Do & Co, too.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 10:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Not sure when it left, but this property is no longer participating in Bonvoy. It's still a Design Hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.