Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Publica Isrotel, Autograph Collection - Herzliya Pituach, Israel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Publica Isrotel, Autograph Collection - Herzliya Pituach, Israel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2020, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by docbert
Giraffe is one of the reasons I stay at this hotel (I'm now at 4 stays here I think). Even when I stay in Tel Aviv I normally make an effort to drop in at least once

And they deliver at lunch to our office if I remember to get in on the group order
For a first time visitor to Israel on a 12 day self-guided tour of the country, how is the location for the first 2-3 nights of the trip compared to staying at the Sheraton or Renaissance? Publica Isrotel is 20,000 points less per night.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by avatexrs
For a first time visitor to Israel on a 12 day self-guided tour of the country, how is the location for the first 2-3 nights of the trip compared to staying at the Sheraton or Renaissance? Publica Isrotel is 20,000 points less per night.
Impossible to answer without more details on what you're doing and how you're getting around. Publica is in Herzliya which is ~10 miles north of Tel Aviv, and isn't all that much of a tourist destination. The Sheraton and Renaissance are both in Tel Aviv, right on the beach, and closer to the touristy places. Public transport between the two isn't great (although it does exist most days, but will likely involve a reasonable amount of walking) and is completely non-existent on Friday night/Saturdays. Taxis are available, but depending on the time of day traffic can be bad.

If you're renting a car then it's a little different, and parking is probably cheaper/more available near the Publica (including some free street parking if you're willing to walk a little distance) than the others, but I can't be sure as I've never had a car when I've stayed at any of the hotels in Tel Aviv, only when I've been staying at the Publica.

Again, hard to say without knowing your exact plans, but my general recommendation would be to stay in Tel Aviv, avoid a car for the time you're there, and then pickup one if you need it for the rest of your trip (Avis, Hertz and Sixt are all within ~100 yards or so of the Sheraton, and Enterprise is maybe a mile away)
Old Apr 30, 2022, 5:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
I stayed here a few weeks ago. American Express only gave me 2x points on my Marriott card for the hotel charge because -- as the phone agent repeatedly insisted -- "it's not a Marriott hotel". I pointed out I was looking at the MARRIOTT.COM website for the hotel, booked the stay through MARRIOTT, and was awarded points by MARRIOTT for the stay, but no go. He opened a case ticket to have someone look into it. Should be interesting.

As docbert says, it is way out of the way for sightseeing -- it took over 20 minutes for cab from there to Sheraton . However, renting a car and heading north to Caesarea, Haifa, and Sea of Galilee might work well. Or if you hire a day tour they might be willing to pick up there.

Taxi fare from the airport went up sharply once driver realized it was actually in Herzliya, so factor that into the costs.

UPDATE: The "resolution" from American Express is, as best as I can tell, that Marriott decided that that hotel "is not participating", whatever that means.
I've used the online contact interface on marriott.com to ask for clarification, but no acknowledgment or reply so far.
This really should go to some non-hotel-specific Amex and/or Marriott thread, but I haven't figured out where.

UPDATE2: When I asked Marriott for clarification, they passed the question to the hotel which, over 2 weeks later, has not responded.. So I seem to be stuck in a 3-way finger-pointing exercise.

So my advice is to not use your Amex Marriott card if you stay here.

Last edited by SpammersAreScum; Jul 16, 2022 at 10:00 pm
Old Jun 21, 2022, 4:41 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Publica Isrotel in Tel Aviv -- only 2x Amex points??

If you stay at the Publica Isrotel in Tel Aviv (actually, Herzliya) and pay with the Amex Marriott card, be aware that Amex will only credit you 2x points. Originally Amex argued strongly that the hotel was not a Marriott, then that I didn't book through Marriott. Finally, the story is that Marriott decided that that hotel "is not participating" whatever that means.

Last edited by SpammersAreScum; Jun 22, 2022 at 5:02 pm Reason: This was in a different thread but got moved, so I consolidated.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 7:38 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Can't bill restaurant charges to your room

Stayed here 2x this month. Service is good but I'm really bothered with the fact that you can't charge lunch/dinner to your room. Have to pay with cash or card even though it's very clear that this restaurant belongs to the hotel.

Napkin clearly shows publica isrotel

Meals at this restaurant isn't cheap. You can easily spend 50$ per person per meal. So if you're having lunch and dinner at the hotel for 2pax, that's 200$ you can't bill to your room and earn points every day.

Anyways, taxi from TLV to Herzliya costs around 200 shekels per way. Fairly quick ride and would take about 30-40 min without traffic.

Upon check-in, was greeted well and offered 1000 points as amenity as well as complimentary breakfast as there's no lounge.

Was given their premium room with "sea" view on their heighest floor. This property has no Suites and their premium "sea" view rooms are of the highest category. "Sea" view rooms however means having to use a binucular to see any body of water.

The room I got was the largest and is a corner room.

Breakfast is quite good but it's eggs, eggs, and more eggs. Not too sure if I'll stay here again as I'm a little bit irked that restaurant charges can't be billed to your room EVEN though they ask for 300 shekels (approx 80$) deposit per night. For what? Daily laundry?
​​​​
Old Apr 11, 2023, 11:21 am

Just completed a stay here. Few notes for others. I did get 6X points on my Marriott AMEX. So perhaps that issue was resolved.
  • Coworking Space
    • Beer didn't work when I used it
    • Coffee machine did
  • Fitness Center
    • One of the best fitness centers of all the hotels I've been to in Israel
  • Food
    • Breakfast was "meh"
      • Service was pretty slow in getting hot drinks to my table
    • If you keep kosher, this hotel is not for you. They stock kosher products but have no certification
    • There are a few places nearby and across the street with much lower prices or you can head down to the marina where there is a small mall and more restaurants
  • Rooms
    • Relaxing, enjoyable
      • The shades actually keep sunlight out really well
  • Transportation
    • 5 minute bus ride to the train, 20 minutes or so to Central Tel Aviv by bus (stop is right outside)
      • Use the Moovit app to get around if you don't speak Hebrew, very easy
Old Apr 16, 2023, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist

Stayed here on a short trip. Not too difficult to get in/out via train/bus using Google Maps. Design of the lobby is very unique. Beds are comfortable and good sized. Rooms are pretty small but perfectly adequate for a short stay. No dedicated chair and desk but they have the co-working space with coffee, I also turned the sofa chair around and used the coffee/table as a temporary desk.

They did honor the free breakfast and 4pm late checkout without fuss during check-in as a Marriott Titanium. They wanted 300 shekels to extend the check-out further but they offered free facility (gym/pool/restaurant/co-working) space for free after check-out for the day for free.

Gym equipment is truly top notch and the sauna and steam room is AMAZING. Temperature is high and extremely enjoyable. I don't understand why they close the pool so early though. The water is not super warm, no hot tub.

Breakfast spread has an interesting layout, it is egg heavy for hot protein options but the cheese selection is nice and the salads are quite tasty. Enjoyed the chocolate croissant quite a bit too.
yscleo likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by VWang1111
What are those four Cousin It-type things over on the left?

David
Old Oct 3, 2023, 2:28 pm

I still have my little bottle of conditioner in my Travelpro, it smells so good. Anyone know where to get the reed diffuser oil or any of the other fragranced items from this hotel?
Old Oct 6, 2023, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by DELee
What are those four Cousin It-type things over on the left?

David
Sorry for not seeing this earlier. Assuming you're talking about the croissant bowl. It was a plate of brownies and another plate of chocolate croissants.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.