FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Moxy Osaka Honmachi Japan [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1842141-moxy-osaka-honmachi-japan-master-thread.html)

SkiAdcock May 12, 2017 6:09 am

Moxy Osaka Honmachi Japan [Master Thread]

Opening late 2017. Category 6.

From Marriott press release:

"Centrally located in Japan is Moxy Osaka Honmachi, which promises an unexpected design with 155 high-tech, cozy bedrooms. A short distance to Honmachi Station, one of the most prominent stations in Osaka, the action – whether shopping around the Namba district, or indulging in the Shinsaibashi food and nightlife district – is all just a hop away. Owned by Goldman Sachs and managed by EGW Asset Management Inc., Moxy Osaka will also be an edgy conversion from a stand-alone office building."

lcpteck May 18, 2017 9:28 pm

I'll be in Osaka during Christmas weekend, will check it out if it's ready by then.

It should be nearby the St. Regis.

kodansha999 Sep 7, 2017 1:24 am

Moxy Osaka Honmachi - Opening in November 2017

Opening in November 2017

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...saka-honmachi/

Reservation is open now.
Lowest rate is SLEEPER ROOM, room information not available on website but hotel facebook rep said its QUEEN BED, 16sm without window :rolleyes:

Srisarin Sep 7, 2017 6:23 am

my reservation for the sleeper room stated king needed

opening promo offers 3X bonus points

Srisarin Sep 7, 2017 6:24 am

- dup -

lcpteck Oct 22, 2017 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by Srisarin (Post 28787404)
my reservation for the sleeper room stated king needed

opening promo offers 3X bonus points

Based on room descriptions, they don't seem to have King rooms.

Srisarin Oct 22, 2017 11:38 pm

You are correct.
My profile says King, but the actual reservation shows only Queen guaranteed, but no problem with only a Q as it will only be used for an overnight sleep and shower since our flight does not get into KIX until 2200 and the next day it’s a return to the Hyatt Kyoto for 5-nights followed by another 5 at the Marriott Lake Biwa.

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 28964808)
Based on room descriptions, they don't seem to have King rooms.

lcpteck Nov 5, 2017 1:32 am

Originally Posted by Srisarin (Post 28964841)
You are correct.
My profile says King, but the actual reservation shows only Queen guaranteed, but no problem with only a Q as it will only be used for an overnight sleep and shower since our flight does not get into KIX until 2200 and the next day it’s a return to the Hyatt Kyoto for 5-nights followed by another 5 at the Marriott Lake Biwa.

Have you stayed already? How was it?

Saw 2 reviews on Tripadvisor. According to the google translate, seems to be a very minimal setup.

bennos Nov 5, 2017 6:07 am

Originally Posted by kodansha999 (Post 28786837)
Lowest rate is SLEEPER ROOM, room information not available on website but hotel facebook rep said its QUEEN BED, 16sm without window :rolleyes:

I don't see the lack of window documented in the room description. I'd be pretty miffed to find that out when I got there.

Srisarin Nov 5, 2017 7:45 am

no, not returning until April during cherry blossom festival and only chose this limited service property due to the very late arrival with last train to nearby station

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 29019938)
Have you stayed already? How was it?

Saw 2 reviews on Tripadvisor. According to the google translate, seems to be a very minimal setup.

barracuda93 Dec 25, 2017 2:35 am

Looks to be a waste of effort and time, unless for the purpose of some promo.

Srisarin Dec 25, 2017 3:47 am

Or due to the VERY late arrival the last train from KIX goes closest to this prop and my previous go to Westin behind Namba is fully booked.

Mid April, durng cherry blossom festival time, has a very busy inflow of tourists.

Originally Posted by barracuda93 (Post 29212917)
Looks to be a waste of effort and time, unless for the purpose of some promo.

barracuda93 Mar 22, 2018 11:15 am

Any recent updates? Got BRG rate with it, need to decide whether to keep it.

ROCAT Apr 9, 2018 4:49 pm

I'm at the hotel right now and overall it is nice. The room I'm in is a plain guest room and is fairly large for Japan and the shower is very large for here. Lighting is good and each side of the bed has a power outlet and USB port. In addition near a table there are three open outlets. The breakfast buffet is rather basic but if you get it as a gold or platinum it is worth it. Other then coffee which is awful and the mugs are metal and get very hot.

SkiAdcock Apr 9, 2018 5:23 pm

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.