Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Moxy Tokyo Kinshicho Japan [Master Thread]

Moxy Tokyo Kinshicho Japan [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 31, 20, 8:54 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: htb
Wiki Link
* The hotel provides breakfast to Gold/Plats. This is hotel specific, not brand specific (until August 1, when free brekkie kicks in at Moxys).
--> This is no longer true since the Bonvoy changes. Platinum members can either get $10/day/person or 500 points/stay as welcome benefit. The $10 voucher can be applied for breakfast and requires an additional payment of around 200 JPY.
* The rooms facing the highway are extremely noisy. For light sleeper, please request rooms facing the SkyTree
* Come out of the south exit of Kinshicho station, walk towards the big pedestrian crossing slightly to your right, cross the street, turn right and then turn left. Walk two blocks and you will see the Moxy on the left across the first set of traffic lights.
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 8, 19, 10:56 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Iím here now. All the above is accurate. The room is small but stylish, at least if hanging all your stuff on the wall counts as style . It would feel cramped for two people with full size bags, but is fine for one person. I just moved over from a large room at the Hyatt Regency, so that definitely may be affecting my perception.

It seems like they took an Aloft room and shrunk it 20% or so, by the amount of the little desk and closet area.

The highway side is loud, even with the curtain drawn. Iím going to try to switch. I had to wear earplugs to sleep, and thatís not the sort of thing Iím accustomed to doing at a hotel.

I liked the breakfast. Itís not the lavish spread of the higher brands, but itís perfectly serviceable. Bacon, egg, vegetables, Japanese soup, pastries, The morning coffee was decent. I think the all day coffee sits in that carafe and deteriorates. Decent quality stuff, and wouldnít be an awful value for a hotel breakfast at •1300.

Itís a decent value considering itís a low amount of Marriott points and itís Tōkyō. Thereís something to be said for a place thatís new and stylish, over sort of dated and threadbare, even if itís bigger. The public areas are much more welcoming than many other hotels. You feel more like youíre in a hip bar or coffee house, than a hotel lobby.

Itís close to the JR station, and is a direct regular train to NRT, or to Tokyo station to join the Narita Express. Iím going to do the latter since I already paid for my ticket and itís more comfortable with reserved seating.

PS- limited menu for the welcome drink. No Japanese whiskey.
seigex likes this.

Last edited by TravelerMSY; Nov 12, 19 at 6:17 pm
Old Feb 8, 20, 12:27 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by funkbandit View Post
I'm titanium and recieved a welcome cocktail, free breakfast and 10 USD credit for the food outlets. These 10 USD bought me a craft beer.
Do they have a card that lists Titanium benefits? I only ever remember being shown the one with Platinum and Gold even after I made Titanium.
Old Feb 8, 20, 3:25 am

Programs: AC 25K, BA Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nobodyherebutme View Post
Do they have a card that lists Titanium benefits? I only ever remember being shown the one with Platinum and Gold even after I made Titanium.
Like most properties they're the same as platinum.
Old Feb 8, 20, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by nexusCFX View Post
Like most properties they're the same as platinum.
I asked because the Platinum card doesn't list the free breakfast that a couple of individuals above mentioned getting. I've stayed here multiple times in the past few months and the benefits offered always matched what was on the card.

So, as best as I know, breakfast here is not a Titanium benefit.
Old Feb 25, 20, 1:06 am

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Just finished 3 night stay here.

The location is quite good since Kinsicho have a few direct line to popular tourist spot.

Was worried about the area 'shadyness' but turned out to not be a problem since they dont bother to offer to gaijin. And it make the walk from Kinshicho to the hotel quite lively since there are a bunch of people even late at night.

The room is quite small but for the rate, cant be faulted. I had a rate with breakfast and they are enough to start the day, bonvoy member can get the fresh coffee for free.

One thing bug me though, was asked to pay 2nd person fee during check out even though I mention that plat member have a 2nd guest stay for free benefit
Old Feb 25, 20, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by sandyph View Post
Just finished 3 night stay here.
mention that plat member have a 2nd guest stay for free benefit
This is and never was a SPG or Marriott benefit. The 2nd person is included in the rate when you book for 2 person only.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Feb 27, 20, 7:30 pm

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Originally Posted by thomasito View Post
This is and never was a SPG or Marriott benefit. The 2nd person is included in the rate when you book for 2 person only.
hmm, looking at T&C you seems to be correct. Must have mixed it up with Hilton's benefit
Old Mar 15, 20, 11:28 pm

Programs: AC S100k, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond
Stayed here 11 nights (Mar 2 - 13). Initially it was supposed to be a 6 night stay and then I would be off to Taiwan but with the whole virus thing and Japan being on alert level 2 for people traveling to Taiwan, I shortened my trip to Taiwan and booked another 5 nights at the Moxy Kinshicho.

There is no free breakfast as Titanium but I did choose the $10 USD per guest option (which translated to 1090 yen). So if you used one voucher for breakfast, you'd have to pay the difference of 210 (breakfast being 1300) yen or charge it to your room. The first rate I booked at the hotel was the same for 1 or 2 guests. So I got 12 vouchers. My extension of 5 nights I booked under my corporate rate which was slightly higher for double occupancy but still under $10 difference per night for another 10 more vouchers.

I didn't go down for breakfast very often but after the first night, they changed it from a small buffet style to an order sheet (for the same items). Just safer instead of having the food in the open for people to cough/sneeze on. The lunch sets they have are really cheap and under 1000 yen. Pasta, noodle or curry of the day. I used most of the vouchers drinking the various Suntory whiskeys before deciding which bottle to buy and bring home. Most of the other food is alright as well. 500 yen for fried chicken but every convenience store chain also sells their own brand of fried chicken.

Staff are friendly. If you sit at the bar which is also the check in counter, you can talk with them and get recommendations. They know enough English, most are in their 20s. I chatted with another guest that stayed there for 2 weeks and one of the staff invited that guest and his friend to go clubbing with her and her friends.

As others have mentioned, you do walk through a red light district to go to and from the JR station. They won't bug you if you're walking as a couple or minding your own business. I just wonder who the foreign looking men on the street are trying to bring in. They're not Nigerian and they're probably not trying to bring people into the kebab place. They do speak Japanese.

The hotel is supposed to have a live DJ on Saturdays but I guess with the virus, they just play some music as normal without a DJ. It also seems to be a popular place for locals to come in for a drink and play some games. On the day I checked in, they gave me 2 all you can drink vouchers (only valid for the welcome drinks) for 90 minutes valid only for that date. I don't know if it was a once a month thing and I just happened to check in on that day or what.

Despite the virus, both times I went to the gym, there was another person in there working out as well. There's also coin laundry and dryers in the basement (no need to buy detergent).

It is used more for a business hotel than for its intended audience since its rate is quite cheap compared to the other Marriott hotels in Tokyo. I wouldn't use points to stay here considering how cheap it was to book with $. Overall a good hotel on the east side of Tokyo (Akihabara, Ginza, Ueno) but slightly more inconvenient if you wanted to spend a lot of time in Ikebukuro, Shinjuku, Shibuya, etc. They're not far but still...

Going to Narita, you have the option of the limo bus which you'll have to bring your stuff to a hotel on the north side of the station (but not as frequent as the train) or there's a train that goes directly to Narita from the JR station. I took the 9:26 AM Friday one with my big suitcase and there was plenty of room in the first car for people to have an empty seat beside them.

Drink menu (I can't seem to shrink down this image, everytime I edit and shrink it, it doesn't save). Prices have gone up for the whiskeys:

Only bad thing I recall from the hotel was when the air conditioner turn on and off, there's a loud thump.

Last edited by FlyingPizza; Mar 15, 20 at 11:39 pm
Old Mar 26, 20, 11:25 am

Programs: TK/NH
I was here at the beginning of March for 8 nights, and had a wonderful experience.
When I was checking out, it was raining outside, the check-out lady prompted offered me an umbrella. It was a small gesture but really shows the Japanese hospitality. I am glad that was not lost in the corporate culture of big international hotel chains like Marriott.
Old Apr 1, 20, 5:07 am
htb

Programs: LH M&M (was: SEN), UA*G(1K), PC Spire Amb, Marriott Gold (by virtue of UA*G), Accor Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingPizza View Post
My extension of 5 nights I booked under my corporate rate which was slightly higher for double occupancy but still under $10 difference per night for another 10 more vouchers.
Did you stay by yourself or with another party?

I've realized that the rate for double occupancy is usually the same, but didn't expect I'd actually get twice the number of vouchers...

HTB.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: