Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Atlanta Airport Gateway Hotel ATL [Master Thread]

Old Jul 22, 2017, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
* Property not great about upgrading; room service is the "Marriott in a box/bag" type; no free water in room/need to get it from exec lounge; exec lounge opens Monday morning, not Sunday night.
Print Wikipost

Renaissance Atlanta Airport Gateway Hotel ATL [Master Thread]

Old Aug 21, 2017, 12:17 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by Gamecock
-Entering this via phone, so sorry for typos and stilted typing.

Gold member here.

Just pulled in and did the self park, which is on the right as soon as you pull into the main drive.

Warmly welcomed by bell staff, front desk and lounge staff.

Was upgraded to the 11th floor (Concierge Level) with a balcony that provides great views of the ATL terminals.

Nice king bed with decent sized room.
Yeah, I'll stay here again.

I believe that you meant to post this to the Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport thread.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 6:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Diamond, Delta Diamond, National Executive Elite
I've stayed 7 times and will be back next week

Overall, it's one of my favorite properties. Here's a quick run down.
For being next to the airport, it is very quiet. I love the concierge lounge, Shirley and Gwen are great. Be sure to try their local cheeses - my favorite is the one made with coffee.
The workout room is nice and not very busy.
Valet is fast, which is good because I haven't found a place to self park.
Ive been upgraded once and the room was a little larger with a bench seat at the end of the bed.
It's a new hotel and the beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean
Finally, I've seen security walking the halls which makes me feel safe.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 7:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update southernmom. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott (Plat), Hyatt (Plat), National (Ex. Elite)
This property turned a crap day into a much better day.

I had some messed-up flights PVD - ATL - AUS that resulted in me being stranded in ATL. While inbound to ATL, I saw my outbound depart and went ahead and made a reservation for this property (Gogo was actually working!)

(I wasn’t sure if the delay was mechanical or weather and didn’t really care as my company would cover the night in ATL.)

Upon arrival in ATL, I stopped into the Skyclub to get a boarding pass for my flight the next morning as the Delta app wasn't letting me see the QR code.

The attendant at the counter printed out the BP and said "and we've gone ahead and booked you into the Renn. Concourse."

(I didn't know Delta would proactively do this...is this a Diamond perk?)

Not realizing there were 2 Renn's at ATL, I said "oh, I have a reservation there already."

She said "ask if they will honor this voucher."

Anyway, on the shuttle to the Renn Gateway, I realized I had 2 reservations at 2 different properties, but again, wasn't too worried about it. Nonetheless, upon arrival at Gateway, I went ahead and asked if I could use the Concourse voucher. To my surprise, she said "no problem."

Also, since this was a Friday night and the CL would be closed Sat. morning, she went ahead and gave me a voucher for breakfast.

She said I should be able to access the (closed) CL then to get some water, but when I could not get in, she just handed me a couple of bottles from her stash and I was off.

The rooms were as described in other posts, the bed was one of the best I've been in in some time.

The next morning, I got down to breakfast 15 minutes before they opened but they said come on in and went ahead and took my order. I was eating before the restaurant officially opened.

In summary, I loved the property and was thrilled at the effort that was made to accommodate my various requests.

Trout
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:22 pm

Programs: Skymiles GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Hertz 5*
Stayed in a King room when flights got misconnected.

First floor restaurant staff (Hickory & Hazel) was very nice and allowed us to cover the meals of all 4 people with the 2-person meal voucher for being platinum. I forgot to visit the lounge d'oh! The bed was very nice and everyone slept very soundly. There are lots of pictures on Google Maps so I won't bother linking my own here.

Parking is extra here.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 8:29 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Stoopid questions. Have rez for next Fri (1/10/20) arriving about 8 pm. Plat. Will the lounge still be open Friday night for snacks, soda or water?

Understand from the lounge is closed Sat am and we get coupons for breakfast in rest. Hotel web page says they open at 6:30 am - anyone know if that holds for weekends too?

FWIW, found a $119 rate that comes with a 20% off coupon for restaurant dining. Won't really need the coupon, but the rate is fab.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 5:23 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
I'll answer my own questions. The lounge is open Friday night, self service only, with cold drinks (water, soda, juice) in a small fridge and a choice of mixed nuts, wasabi peas and M&M's in jars on the counter top. We received coupons for breakfast in the restaurant that said 'continental,' but our waitress told us to order anything on the menu. They seated us at 6:20, brought us coffee and menus and took our order, but did not turn it in to the kitchen until 6:30. We had eaten, returned to the room and were checked out before 7:00 am.

I weighed the options on the various Marriott airport properties, including both Courtyards which offered the lowest rates, and chose the Gateway Renaissance. My reasoning was we did not have to call for a shuttle van, load our bags on the shuttle, climb into the shuttle, get out of the shuttle, reserve the shuttle for the following morning and repeat. Instead we proceeded to baggage claim where our bags were already on the carousel, walked across the street to the Skytrain, rode one stop to Gateway, and rolled our bags across the street to the Renaissance. It was so painless; the ease and convenience of taking the Skytrain v the shuttle van outweighed the increased cost, IMHO. YMMV.

Yes it did cost a little more, not a huge amount as there was a good rate that included a 20% discount at the restaurant that we did not use. Note: the rate we booked did not display as the lowest rate when I did a search for ATL on the Marriott web page. It was only when I clicked on the Gateway Renaissance and saw all the available rates that it was shown.

The room was very nice, the bed slept well, when I went down to the lobby at 5:30 am they happily gave me two cups of coffee from the bar. All in all it was a good choice and a good stay.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 1:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond for life, Bonvoy Titanium for Life, Delta Million Miler, Delta Platinum
The Gateway Renaissance is our go to if we want to overnight at ATL. It’s quick and easy with Skytrain. Also, don’t forget there is a full service Marriott at the same location, as well as a Springhill Suites. We were at the Renaissance last week and strolled one block to the brand spanking new A/C. Thus four nice options just one skytrain stop from the terminal. Quick and easy!
Old Feb 13, 2020, 11:28 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Does both locations have easy access to the skytrain or is one better than the other?

Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway

Old Feb 13, 2020, 1:00 pm

They are literally across the street from one another as you come out of the Skytrain elevator, so as far as location, they are identical.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 5:57 am

Quick update: Lounge is locked Friday nights. Front desk was handing out bottle water during check in. No upgrade, didn’t ask. Comp breakfast in the restaurant, plus elite welcome gift of points or $10 food voucher. They ran out of vouchers, so I was asked to charge the breakfast to my room. Asked server, she said the limit is $50 for 2 people. No charge ended up in my folio at check out!
Room was nice. Left at 10a so didn’t ask for late check out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.