Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton Langkawi Malaysia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz Carlton Langkawi Malaysia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2019, 7:39 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by yorkboy24

Someone reported above that they got breakfast for free. Was it included for you?
Pretty sure most rates include breakfast here. Mine did… booked via Citi TA.
Old May 18, 2019, 8:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by helvetic
Pretty sure most rates include breakfast here. Mine did… booked via Citi TA.
But it doesn’t mention breakfast for a points redemption booking. I don’t mind the 40 day cancellation terms but a 6000 MYR deposit - a bit crazy.
Old May 18, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: Some

But it doesn’t mention breakfast for a points redemption booking. I don’t mind the 40 day cancellation terms but a 6000 MYR deposit - a bit crazy.
Points stays don't include breakfast - I booked one night of my stay with points and was charged for it.
Old May 19, 2019, 3:34 am

Someone reported above that they got breakfast for free. Was it included for you?
Sorry, we had BRG rate 165EUR with taxes and breakfast included. Second room was on OTA rate I can't make second claim when our friends want join us at this promotion.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
The value of a redemption for 50k a night appears to be really good. Does it make a difference if one is Titanium vs Platinum when staying here?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
The value of a redemption for 50k a night appears to be really good. Does it make a difference if one is Titanium vs Platinum when staying here?
Yes, Ritzes officially upgrade Tits & Amb whereas they don't upgrade Plats. Unofficially, they give better upgrade to higher tiers, and my Ambassador upgrade was absolutely amazing. I believe a Platinum will still get an upgrade (despite no requirement of there being one per T&C), but it won't be nearly as epic as an Amb's.

Depending on how much you value Marriott points 50k could be either good or bad. I paid cash at a rate low enough that it'd be <1cpm (or even .8cpm) to use points. Also keep in mind points booking = no breakfast.

You can probably book using a Ritz STARS or w/e rate (via a TA) and get breakfast included + the usual benefits and a $100 credit. Probably better value than points IMO.
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Yes, Ritzes officially upgrade Tits & Amb whereas they don't upgrade Plats. Unofficially, they give better upgrade to higher tiers, and my Ambassador upgrade was absolutely amazing. I believe a Platinum will still get an upgrade (despite no requirement of there being one per T&C), but it won't be nearly as epic as an Amb's.

Depending on how much you value Marriott points 50k could be either good or bad. I paid cash at a rate low enough that it'd be <1cpm (or even .8cpm) to use points. Also keep in mind points booking = no breakfast.

You can probably book using a Ritz STARS or w/e rate (via a TA) and get breakfast included + the usual benefits and a $100 credit. Probably better value than points IMO.
Well the paid rates are $450 (no tax at least in LGK). I would be going by myself so paying one breakfast isn't exactly the end of me. I'd consider though if we were two pax because F&B costs can add up.

I'm thinking about booking one night including two way airport transfers and breakfast, then booking another 1-2 on award. At least it would be a little bit better value. That being said I can see a corporate rate (no breakfast either) at 1,615 MYR and the package deal for 1,865 MYR. That's a $60 difference.

Last edited by skywalkerLAX; Jun 12, 2019 at 11:05 pm
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Well the paid rates are $450 (no tax at least in LGK). I would be going by myself so paying one breakfast isn't exactly the end of me. I'd consider though if we were two pax because F&B costs can add up.

I'm thinking about booking one night including two way airport transfers and breakfast, then booking another 1-2 on award. At least it would be a little bit better value. That being said I can see a corporate rate (no breakfast either) at 1,615 MYR and the package deal for 1,865 MYR. That's a $60 difference.
DM-ing you a deal — but my advice is check the STARS rate.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DM-ing you a deal — but my advice is check the STARS rate.
Thanks! I just checked rates again on the website vs App and for some reason I get much better rates here compared to what the app showed me.

Package incl transfers and bf for 1518 MYR. At that rate it's tough to justify spending 50k for a bare bones reservation. I sent a request to a TA for the STARS rate to compare.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FYI I contacted the STARS eligible Travel Agent who said that the hotel has now substituted the $100 on property benefit with a round trip airport transfer (car type not specified).

The rate isn't really attractive as in discounted, you can book the same as AAA Rate on the Marriott Website without having to go through the TA.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 12:16 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
That is such a joke! Airport transfer is 5$ or so with Uber, 30$ or so if you take the hotel car.
The ride takes 10 minutes at most.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
That is such a joke! Airport transfer is 5$ or so with Uber, 30$ or so if you take the hotel car.
The ride takes 10 minutes at most.
Yeah I looked that up and considering the close distance I can't imagine it to cost very much. St. Regis is a bit further away but no interest staying there really.

An "on property credit" would have been nice to mitigate their expensive (overpriced) F&B.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 9:27 pm

For folks who got upgraded here, was it upon arrival, or did it show up early in the app? I’ll be staying later this month as a titanium on points and hoping for an upgrade. Thanks for any info as to what to expect!
Old Dec 4, 2019, 9:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
It showed up early in the app. Then upon arrival they were trying to not grant me the upgrade after all. Was glad I had taken a screenshot.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 3:36 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by rbw5t
For folks who got upgraded here, was it upon arrival, or did it show up early in the app? I’ll be staying later this month as a titanium on points and hoping for an upgrade. Thanks for any info as to what to expect!
Showed up early. About a week or two out, I was upgraded to a beach villa, then a few days out, I got upgraded to an oceanfront. Been meaning to write a review of this place from my excellent stay in late October..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.