Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Ritz-Carlton, Koh Samui - Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 19, 2023, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

The Ritz-Carlton, Koh Samui - Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2020, 4:09 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
That's expensive even by Hong Kong hotel standards.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FQ415
Omg. This this overpriced. Ok, forget about it. Keep the voucher for dining and get massage from town which probably 10x cheaper.
Remember that transportation in Samui is not cheap. A trip from RC to Chaweng probably costs you 800 THB per way minimum. I had to buy some sunblock at a convenience store 1.7km away and GRAB wanted 300 THB. I just walked as it wasn't too hot and I needed some exercise but still...

Oh what I forgot you can apply your Bonvoy discount at the F&B outlets of the hotel. Platinum/Titanium gets 30% off which makes it acceptable.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Remember that transportation in Samui is not cheap. A trip from RC to Chaweng probably costs you 800 THB per way minimum. I had to buy some sunblock at a convenience store 1.7km away and GRAB wanted 300 THB. I just walked as it wasn't too hot and I needed some exercise but still...

Oh what I forgot you can apply your Bonvoy discount at the F&B outlets of the hotel. Platinum/Titanium gets 30% off which makes it acceptable.
Any idea whether the voucher applicable for discounted price for F&B. It would be great if they allow so. I booked LM phuket and Merlin phuket, both hotels said voucher can be used for F&B after discount. And spa 20%, which is great, give 30% extra value for the voucher. Lol. My partner idea to book a full board is to settle everything in the resort as he don't plan to go out. The spa is a disappointment for him because it's clearly rip off.

Last edited by FQ415; Jul 10, 2020 at 7:08 am
Old Jul 10, 2020, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Any idea whether the voucher applicable for discounted price for F&B. It would be great if they allow so. I booked LM phuket and Merlin phuket, both hotels said voucher can be used for F&B after discount. And spa 20%, which is great, give 30% extra value for the voucher. Lol. My partner idea to book a full board is to settle everything in the resort as he don't plan to go out. The spa is a disappointment for him because it's clearly rip off.
Yes you can pay the final folio with the voucher, no problem. F&B discount and the 50% voucher can be combined.

I did ask the spa by phone if they would offer a discount but the person mentioned if you pay with voucher they won't give any further discount. Well good luck then.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 8:16 am

Yes you can pay the final folio with the voucher, no problem. F&B discount and the 50% voucher can be combined.

I did ask the spa by phone if they would offer a discount but the person mentioned if you pay with voucher they won't give any further discount. Well good luck then.
Lol. In that case, will not to have any spa there until we go phuket or bkk. Just hang around the resort then. Haha. Don't know is it too late to cancel the reservation and change to another property.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lol. In that case, will not to have any spa there until we go phuket or bkk. Just hang around the resort then. Haha. Don't know is it too late to cancel the reservation and change to another property.
You should but these vouchers are non-refundable.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 2:34 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Those spa prices seem to be 2019 pricing who knows if the subdued travelling persist they might have to adjust prices to new market conditions or maybe they are ok with an empty spa.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by X-ON
Those spa prices seem to be 2019 pricing who knows if the subdued travelling persist they might have to adjust prices to new market conditions or maybe they are ok with an empty spa.
Those spa prices were current as of 72 hrs ago. Apparently they are just alright with not getting any customers. This would just fall in line with other decisions such as not having key kitchen staff on hand to be able to offer all items on the room service menu. At least 20% is not available including all desserts but ice cream.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 4:58 pm

You should but these vouchers are non-refundable.
Decided to shorten the stay at RC and use the voucher for dining. Lol.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 12:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by X-ON
In Thailand the demand curve is often immune to gravity.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 1:27 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by Kacee
In Thailand the demand curve is often immune to gravity.
I guess a spa facility can be part of the window dressing in the sense that a fancy overpriced spa is part of being a 5* resort... For the really rich locals these prices are of course peanuts however I would think that they either have their own villa or stay at the 4 seasons....
Old Aug 29, 2020, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
Overall service is still great. Staffs are always nice and helpful.

Will definitely return.
I'm on platinum challenge and stayed here for two nights, paid ultimate villa. I had a completely opposite experience with the highlight being the resort manager driving off in her buggy mid conversation.
It's the first property my partner asked me to complain about.
On checkout I was offered 80k compensation, obviously nothing compared to the absolutely "memorable" stay...
Old Sep 13, 2020, 6:37 am

Programs: LX HON, FB Platinum for life, Sixt/Hilton Diamond
Sitting on ฿180,000.00 of vouchers for this RC, only valid till end of 2020... anyone know how flexible RC would be? Unlikely we are allowed to travel to Thailand from EU soon. Otherwise, make a good offer and the voucher are yours ;-)
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by Nik_Jr
Sitting on ฿180,000.00 of vouchers for this RC, only valid till end of 2020... anyone know how flexible RC would be? Unlikely we are allowed to travel to Thailand from EU soon. Otherwise, make a good offer and the voucher are yours ;-)
The new round of vouchers is valid until 31/03, so maybe they'll extend it for you.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 11:46 pm

Programs: OZ & BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott & Accor Plat
Has anyone been here recently? How busy is it? Hows the breakfast and the facilities now? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.