Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Pre-Merger: Anyone have stays/points not posting?

Pre-Merger: Anyone have stays/points not posting?

Old May 4, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
I had two April stays with missing Welcome Amenity 500 points for each hotel. Called MR customer service expecting a quick resolution. It appears that they now have to call the hotel, while placing the customer on hold, to verify the missing points, . One of the hotels (JW) pushed back telling the rep that they do not give Welcome Amenity points. A case file had to be created. Other hotel (FS) agreed they were missing.

What used to take two minutes to fix is now a 30+ minute phone call. What is going on at Marriott?
Old May 4, 2018, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by Tanic
I had two April stays with missing Welcome Amenity 500 points for each hotel. Called MR customer service expecting a quick resolution. It appears that they now have to call the hotel, while placing the customer on hold, to verify the missing points, . One of the hotels (JW) pushed back telling the rep that they do not give Welcome Amenity points. A case file had to be created. Other hotel (FS) agreed they were missing.

What used to take two minutes to fix is now a 30+ minute phone call. What is going on at Marriott?
Tanic I posted about this on another forum! Call the hotel directly next time and get the points posted! Ask for points as well for your time! I have been given between 1k-5k for them forgetting! Marriott Rewards won't give you points since it is the hotel's mistake
Old May 13, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Suggestion to get points posted?

Here is my saga. Paid stay in early April. Points didn't post. Waited the 10 days then filed the missing stay form. Another 10 days go by so I call and spend 90 min (not a typo) on the phone with the supposed Plat line who said they don't have a copy of my bill, so I email to them and they say they will have to review with the hotel for some unknown reason. I ping the hotel as well who are quite unhelpful (not our problem!). Wondering what to do at this point. Honestly the points are not worth another 90 min of my time. Perhaps MR knows this? So frustrating with the downhill spiral of customer service for Elites these days. Open to any suggestions!
unclepants likes this.
Old May 13, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
If you feel like you've exhausted your reasonable customer service options, you could mail a letter to

Arne M. Sorenson
Pres, CEO & Director
Marriott International, Inc.
10400 Fernwood Road
Bethesda, MD 20817
If you include your customer service attempts and their outcomes, someone is likely to respond
Old May 14, 2018, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lucycan
Here is my saga. Paid stay in early April. Points didn't post. Waited the 10 days then filed the missing stay form. Another 10 days go by ...
I had a similar situation, except that I didn't follow up with a phone call. I got no response at all from Marriott until about 3 weeks after I filed the form, at which point I finally got a message apologizing for the failure to post automatically and indicating that my account had been credited.

I feel like they've been going through a CS transition as part of the merger, and it doesn't seem to have gone very well so far.
Old May 14, 2018, 1:34 pm

So, you might consider sitting tight. Here's what happened to me.

They missed a stay for me in, again, early April. I waited the requested 10 days, filed the request. Got nothing, heard nothing. Waited another week, submitted an "other" request, I think. heard nothing for another week. Called the actual hotel I was at, manager apologized, promised to post points, I would see them by Tuesday (day, unimportant). They did not post. But by the weekend, I got an email from customer care, attached to both requests, stating that they had been very busy the last month, and the emails get attention in the order they were received.

So, basically, it took a month, but they eventually got to it.

I dont' think the people on the phone know anything. Also, I think they've been slammed with questions with the merger.
Old May 14, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
There seems to be more missing point issues lately. And having to follow up repeatedly to get them posted. It's happening on both sides of the merger, although SPG reps seem more helpful overall than the new batch of MR reps.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 10:58 am

Problem continues

I had two stays not post at properties I frequent which usually post within 24 hours. Hope things speed up in August
Old Jul 22, 2018, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, DL PM/1MM, Marriott Amb/LT Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by pilgrim
I had two stays not post at properties I frequent which usually post within 24 hours. Hope things speed up in August
In the last several months, I have had a lot of trouble getting credit for stays and especially bonus points, etc. I'm particularly annoyed because I'm hoping to get to 2M for LTPP but with a lot of stays not posting, especially ones where I chose a rate with bonus points, I'm starting to wonder if it's worth it. I've had no stays post automatically at all from the Renaissance at Patriot Place. After filing for missing stays, only 1 posted but without the Platinum gift. For one of them, I also opted for the points rather than the weekend breakfast but I'm not optimistic that I'll ever see those points either. They have reached out to Marriott too but nothing has happened. Stays have posted from the Portland Sable Oaks Marriott but the rates were supposed to include bonus points. None of those posted at all. I complained about it and got it posted for 1 stay but I'm still missing lots of bonus points that I paid extra for. No stays from other hotels from 7/13 or 7/14 have posted. Strangely enough, one place posted the bonus points but not the stay so far. Now I'm also concerned that I will miss out on the 750pts/night promotion if the stay posts too long after the promotion has ended. Sigh. I wish I had never started down this path...
Old Jul 23, 2018, 12:24 am

Programs: MR rewards
Never had single missing points or stay for the last 12 month except if when i book more than one room.
Marriott can make this situation easier by letting the hotel fix the issues but the problem is when we call the hotel they can't do anything and must call marriott rewards wich is stupid in my opinion.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Everything with Marriott is becoming a challenge,to the point that I am ready to give up and concentrate on Hilton and IHG.

Points for skipping housekeeping rarely post and I have several reservations that were booked using bonus point rates that posted without the bonus.
I actually have a stay that only the amenity points posted.
Emailing MR gets nothing except an automated message and getting through on the phone is impossible.

Unfortunately, I have little confidence that things will improve come August 1-rather I anticipate more issues
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
With SPG, stays have always posted within 24 hours. I had a stay at a Delta property in June that posted within 48 hours. Have another stay at the same property (checked out on Friday, July 20) and still has not posted - 4 days later. Two rooms booked on separate reservations, neither have posted.

Should I just be patient until the 10 day mark?
Old Aug 9, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: DL gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Anyone else having stays not post since 8/1? I'm not sure if this is due to the merger.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 9:54 am

I had a stay in mid-July not post until after 10 days and I submitted the missing stay request. Stays used to post on 2nd day after checkout, lately its been stretching to 3. Stays on July 28th and July 29th posted on 3rd day. One from August 6th has not posted yet. I need about 30k points and 12 nights (after my 15 CC nights post) to get legacy lifetime platinum, so I'm a little nervous.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 9:56 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by portland67
Anyone else having stays not post since 8/1? I'm not sure if this is due to the merger.
Mine are posting slower than usual..but they are posting..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.