Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Washington Georgetown Marriott [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 26, 2017, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: goodeats21
***Property now charging a $25 PER NIGHT "Daily Destination Fee"

Category 5 Hotel (not Cat. 7 as listed in the first post)

M-Club on 1st floor, evening hors d'oeuvres service Sun-Th only

Despite its name, the property is not actually in Georgetown but about a 20 minute walk from it. It's closer to DuPont Circle - Neighborhood for hotel is known as "West End".

Property Details: 9 floors, 462 rooms, 8 suites
Print Wikipost

Washington Georgetown Marriott [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
You guys weren't kidding about the M-Club here. It's amazing. Staying here now, dinner lounge presentation had gourmet small plates including chicken breast with brussels sprouts, turkey meatball with mashed potatoes, two types of excellent salads, hummus, antipasti, make your own salad station. Also Joyce is wonderful with prompt, warm, and professional service.

Dessert was not as extensive as dinner, however, still delicious and very gourmet! Small portions of 7-layer opera cake.

I forget to ask at checkin, but are elites allowed to eat in the restaurant in lieu of the lounge breakfast? (Although I'm sure the lounge breakfast will be wonderful).

The room itself isn't as impressive, and smells musty. Titanium, upgraded to a larger king room which has an odd layout and a tiny corner window.
Glad you are having a good visit. It seems they do a much better job with M club through the Week...
My visit on a Saturday night was far less successful.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Glad you are having a good visit. It seems they do a much better job with M club through the Week...
My visit on a Saturday night was far less successful.
The M-Club lounge evening offerings are now only Sun-Thurs. I assume the lounge still serves weekend breakfast?

I take back what I said about the room. Although it initially had a musty odor, the room itself was wonderful. Extremely comfortable bed, great water pressure.

Breakfast selections this morning in the lounge were tremendous! Will have some photos up later.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
The M-Club lounge evening offerings are now only Sun-Thurs. I assume the lounge still serves weekend breakfast?

I take back what I said about the room. Although it initially had a musty odor, the room itself was wonderful. Extremely comfortable bed, great water pressure.

Breakfast selections this morning in the lounge were tremendous! Will have some photos up later.
Correct. Just wanted fellow readers to be aware of the stark difference between weekend and weekday expectations.
Breakfast was served on Sunday morning, but selections were pretty standard / minimum.
flybyFIRE likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Correct. Just wanted fellow readers to be aware of the stark difference between weekend and weekday expectations.
Breakfast was served on Sunday morning, but selections were pretty standard / minimum.
For what it's worth this property was serving food 7 days a week until relatively recently. I'm guessing, like many hotels in the Washington-area, it is empty on weekends outside of summer and during other big events.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
For what it's worth this property was serving food 7 days a week until relatively recently. I'm guessing, like many hotels in the Washington-area, it is empty on weekends outside of summer and during other big events.
My visit was in August, and the weekend offerings were already cut.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30057799-post53.html
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:13 pm

Apologies for the poor quality photos of the lounge evening selections. There were substantial and well-cooked proteins (giant turkey meatball, juicy chicken breast), and gourmet salads (barley & butternut squash, as well as Greek salads). The miniature rectangular bowls with celery/carrot sticks had hummus. Also charcuterie, another more extensive salad station, breads, and antipasti. More than enough for a replacement meal!

Last edited by iluvdoco; Feb 25, 2019 at 4:04 pm
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:01 pm

Breakfast was excellent. The scrambled eggs tasted real, i.e. not from powder. High quality baked goods. Also the illy machine was operational.

Old Mar 19, 2019, 10:28 pm

Had another stay recently at the Marriott Georgetown. Less impressed by the evening hors d'oeuvres selection (too many small plates). Breakfast however was excellent! One of the better lounge breakfasts that I've had.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Following up with some shots not currently shown of the M Club Lounge and info about the lounge at this property. Taken in August 2018.

M Club info (from then):

Since the M Club is on the 1st floor, the view out the windows is mainly of the truck traffic that services the different buildings accessed by Ward Place and Ward Court:

Because the flooring is tile (with some area rugs), the noise level gets fairly high during peak use (and particularly with families using the lounge in the summer months). There's also a number of televisions around the lounge that can add even more noise to the environment.

Others have posted much better shots of the hors d'oeuvres and breakfast set ups. Here's a shot of the snack area:

David
iluvdoco likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 6:35 am

Thank you DELee!
Old Jul 24, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Had two more stays in the last two weeks. Both one nighters, checking in on Sunday, out on Monday. Both stays were flawless.

First stay, check in at 4pm. Elite line staffed and honored. No upgrade but room preference (high floor away from elevator) honored. Heavy apps in lounge - wasn't very hungry so that was dinner for me. Still love the illy espresso machine and the filtered sparkling water. Still dislike the $14 a glass for a red that goes for $12 a bottle. Lounge staff very friendly, constantly replenishing food and checking in with each guest. Room was spotless. Breakfast in morning included fresh melon/berries, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, yogurt, granola, oatmeal. Again, lounge staff quite good. Check-out was quick, again used elite line to save time. This is one of the few hotels I stay at that seems to have elite line staff, and honors purpose of elite line, during peak periods for check-in and out.

Second stay, check in after midnight as thunderstorms in DC area caused horrendous flight delays into DCA (tons of planes landing at midnight and few cabs/uber surging @ 75%). Only one person handling check-ins but she was friendly and efficient (I was only 2nd and I didn't expect much given the late hour). Upgraded to corner king. Proactively offered late check-out - but didn't need it. Lounge breakfast was very good as always. Check-out at 10am was fast and easy.

Overall, two great stays!
Old Jun 26, 2021, 10:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Just checked in...M lounge closed (1k points instead) they serve a to go breakfast, but not free for elites. Unsure if my room is an upgrade or not. Room is clearly somewhat recently renovated, small, but functional. Shampoo/soap in the shower is the big bottle that they refill type. Check-in agent was friendly, quick, offered late check out. Happy to answer any questions.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 12:07 pm
soy

Programs: various
Anyone know if elite breakfast has resumed here (or at any of the other FS properties in DC)?
Have 3 FN certs to burn before they expire
Old Jun 2, 2022, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by soy
Anyone know if elite breakfast has resumed here (or at any of the other FS properties in DC)?
Have 3 FN certs to burn before they expire
I stayed last week, and the lounge was open. Breakfast was pretty good with sausage, bacon, potatoes, muffins, fruit, and other items. The evening spread was ok. The highlight was a small plate of meatloaf and pasta. There was also a green salad and a weird fruit salad with salad dressing. The lounge also provided nice snacks (chips, granola bars, pretzels).

At check in, I asked about an upgrade as a Plat. The agent asked what time I'd be checking out. When I said 9:30, she upgraded me to a "larger guest room" (which was quite large and nice) on the top floor.

Overall, a good use of a 35K cert. I originally booked at 39K with the new option to combine points with the cert. A few days before the stay, the price dropped to 30K and I rebooked.
westlaker and soy like this.
Old May 4, 2023, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hadn't looked at this property in awhile, but noticed a good rate for an upcoming trip. Good, that is, until I clicked through and found the $25 per night "Daily Destination Fee".

Is this becoming a thing in DC now? Hate it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.