Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[LEAVING Q2 2023] Cristallo, Luxury Coll地, Cortina d'Ampezzo, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[LEAVING Q2 2023] Cristallo, Luxury Coll地, Cortina d'Ampezzo, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2017, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Hotel Cristallo will join The Luxury Collection and SPG from June 2017. Will be a Cat 7 based on SPG.com (was LHW before)

An iconic property set in the spectacular Dolomites mountain range in Italy, Cristallo Resort & Spa was built in 1901 and boasts a fascinating history. The resort is located in the Northeastern Alps, in the spectacular surroundings of Cortina, a UNESCO Natural World Heritage Site, famed for the breathtaking landscape and surroundings. Just a few minutes away from the main shopping street and a short walk from the Faloria ski lift, connecting guests to the Dolomiti Superski area, the resort is in the center of Cortina. Featuring 74 rooms, 7 Royal suites and 2 Presidential suites, each of the charmingly appointed accommodations offer a sweeping view over the mountains and stunning vistas around the town. Cristallo also boasts four restaurants providing guests an array of Italian recipes and atmospheres. Ristorante Gazebo offers a casual dining experience in a unique circular room enclosed in crystal-clear glass with panoramic views of the valley; La Veranda is an authentic Italian restaurant; La Stube 1872 is the venue of choice for a fine dining experience; and The Cantuccio, is the Chef痴 Private Table. Guests can also experience luxurious treatments at the Transvital Swiss Beauty Center. In addition, the hotel comprises a private event space, an indoor swimming pool and a golf course, in partnership with Golf Club Cortina. Owned by Hotel Cristallo SpA, Cristallo Resort & Spa will expand Italy痴 The Luxury Collection portfolio to eight hotels when it joins the brand after the winter season.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 5:08 pm

Programs: SPG
Any idea when this hotel will become bookable on the SPG website? Looking to go there this summer and stay on points. SPG website says it will start as a Starwood hotel on June 1 but hoping to book it soon so I can finalize travel plans.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

I guess as soon as the winter season is over and the have left LHW. (just my guess)
They will be closed from March 31st until June.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by srkprop
Any idea when this hotel will become bookable on the SPG website? Looking to go there this summer and stay on points. SPG website says it will start as a Starwood hotel on June 1 but hoping to book it soon so I can finalize travel plans.
It's bookable now and discounted for prepaid rates. We booked a couple of nights in August for a fantastic rate.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 9:57 pm

I can't pull it up on SPG? Tried App and mobile website. Cortina and the property pop up in the search box but as soon as I enter dates, I get an error and notification that no hotel is available.

I have checked several dates and double checked a few OTA's and these do show availability?
Old Jul 3, 2017, 11:21 am
Community Director Emerita

It looks like a beautiful property. I'll be very interested in reports.

http://news.marriott.com/2017/06/cri...ry-collection/

Beware what you book. I was looking for pricing/points and didn't bother to put in 2 people. I pulled up a one person room.

"French bed, accommodates one. Single person only."

You need to search for 2 people to find award availability. It's 30K points/night.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Jul 3, 2017 at 11:28 am
Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is a wonderful resort and great addition to LC. ^ The location, however, is slightly out of town.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 4:09 pm

Excellent stay

We stayed here earlier this month and loved it. We were on the 4th floor with great views of Cortina d'Ampezzo and the Tofane mountains. The entire experience was wonderful from the check-in and concierge to waitstaff and housekeeping. It's an absolutely charming hotel with a great mix of Austrian and Italian design. I can't seem to add photos to this post but I'll try to figure it out soon. We loved the Dolomites and this was the perfect location to stay.
Attached Images        
SanDiego1K likes this.

Last edited by spellbound2; Sep 23, 2017 at 10:31 am
Old Sep 24, 2017, 9:55 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by spellbound2
We stayed here earlier this month and loved it. We were on the 4th floor with great views of Cortina d'Ampezzo and the Tofane mountains. The entire experience was wonderful from the check-in and concierge to waitstaff and housekeeping. It's an absolutely charming hotel with a great mix of Austrian and Italian design. I can't seem to add photos to this post but I'll try to figure it out soon. We loved the Dolomites and this was the perfect location to stay.
Thanks for the photos and summary, @spellbound2! The views look wonderful!

It looks to be a nice if older-world traditional decor property in a spectacular setting.

If you get a chance to post thos photos in larger formats, I'm sure everyone will appreciate those views even more. Thanks again!
Old Sep 24, 2017, 1:39 pm

What beautiful views. How many of the rooms can such stunning views?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
What beautiful views. How many of the rooms can such stunning views?
There are mountains on both the front and back sides of the hotel, but the front has the views from the restaurants and room you see whereas the back possibly has rooms that may or may not have views depending how high a floor you're on, where you valet the car, check-in, etc. I'm not really sure though since we didn't see rooms on that side.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does this hotel stay open year-round? Anyone know what renovations were made with the switch to Luxury Collection? Looks like the stube restaurant is new.
Old May 21, 2019, 6:10 pm

We have two nights booked here in early June. Pre-arrival contact has been excellent. I booked in June of last year. I immediately received a note from the concierge with a significant amount of useful information. Now that our trip is upon us, I have responded. And he quickly responded. June is ahead of season. The hotel restaurants are open but two Michelin starred restaurants where i hoped to eat are closed til mid or late June. Does anyone have an opinion about the hotel restaurants? And how are upgrades for titaniums?

We are planning a day trip to the Messer Mountain Museum, roughly 2 hours away. It was designed by famed architect Zaha Hadid and opened in 2015. It is devoted to the extreme sport of mountaineering.
Old May 21, 2019, 8:34 pm

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
We have two nights booked here in early June. Pre-arrival contact has been excellent. I booked in June of last year. I immediately received a note from the concierge with a significant amount of useful information. Now that our trip is upon us, I have responded. And he quickly responded. June is ahead of season. The hotel restaurants are open but two Michelin starred restaurants where i hoped to eat are closed til mid or late June. Does anyone have an opinion about the hotel restaurants? And how are upgrades for titaniums?

We are planning a day trip to the Messer Mountain Museum, roughly 2 hours away. It was designed by famed architect Zaha Hadid and opened in 2015. It is devoted to the extreme sport of mountaineering.

Stayed here in Feb 2019 during the hotel's peak season. As the hotel has plenty of suites, both of our rooms got upgraded to suites. One was even upgraded to the famed King Roberto's suite. The hotel restaurant was average, not particularly memorable but the two star restaurant was good. The El Camineto Meloncino was also a very good restaurant and excellent value for money.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 10:26 pm

This is an exceptional property. It is deserving of a lot more attention than it has received.

We have been to and thru the Dolomites on prior trips, always loving the extraordinary beauty of the mountains. I was really happy to spot this hotel on planning this trip. We spent two nights here and could happily have remained far longer.

A bit of history
The hotel was opened in 1901. At that time, this area was part of Austria. Many of the buildings in the Dolomites are built in the Swiss Austrian Alpine motif and Cristallo is no exception. During both the world wars, the hotel was converted to a hospital. After WWII it reopened as a hotel and was at the heart of lodging for the 1956 Olympics held in Cortina d'Ampezzino. At some point it was closed and fell into disrepair, then purchased by the current family in 1995. It reopened in 2001. In 2017, it moved from the Leading Hotels of the World to Starwood (now Marriott) Luxury Collection. You can read more about the hotel and see pictures of this exceptional place here: Cristallo Hotel Spa & Golf | Traveller Made

Pre-arrival
Hotel staff was great from the moment we made our booking nearly a year in advance. We received information about the area and a clear explanation as to when a deposit would be taken. I wrote a couple times with questions and received quick, thorough responses. I had not realized that early June is off season in the area and top tier restaurants were closed til late June. I was given alternatives in town that offered good food.

Our stay
We drove to the hotel and found gates where we needed to enter the grounds. We pressed the box and were allowed thru. The hotel has parking for 10 euros per day. The garage is tight and we were happy to let them valet the car.

The hotel has 22 suites amongst their 77 rooms so upgrades are very good for elites. The hotel just reopened on June 1 and was perhaps 1/2 full. We were shown two suites and chose one that was a very long room with a vaulted ceiling. Views were magnificent. My husband's happy place was sitting at a table in front of one of the windows. It had a loft that we didn't use as the view was from the main room. The downside of this particular suite was the small bathroom including a tight shower. This is the challenge of renovating a historic building. The other suite had a large walk in shower but not the space of the main living area and we were happy with what we chose.

Service was impeccable and staff were warm and friendly. There are two concierges were are endlessly helpful. The hotel itself is beautiful with stunning views of the Dolomites. There are extensive public spaces where one can comfortably sit, both inside and outside.

It has been a long time since I have stayed somewhere that appealed to me as much as this hotel. We were really sorry to leave.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.