Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in and near Victoria, BC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in and near Victoria, BC

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2022, 4:31 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Just an update from my post above at the Delta Ocean Pointe. Stayed here again last week but the lounge is now open!

The club lounge has:

Continental Breakfast - Mon-Fri 6:30-9:30 Sat-Sun-Holidays 7:30-11:00
Evening Hors d'oeuvres - Daily 5:30-7:30
Open Hours 6:00am - 11:00 pm

Sorry I didn't take any pictures but it is back to its original form. Maybe this is a sign that things are going to move back to pre-covid levels. I think it is great to see it back!

Last edited by smilee; Apr 22, 2022 at 11:13 am
Old Apr 21, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by smilee
Just an update. Stayed here again last week but the lounge is now open!

The club lounge has:

Continental Breakfast - Mon-Fri 6:30-9:30 Sat-Sun-Holidays 7:30-11:00
Evening Hors d'oeuvres - Daily 5:30-7:30
Open Hours 6:00am - 11:00 pm

Sorry I didn't take any pictures but it is back to its original form. Maybe this is a sign that things are going to move back to pre-covid levels. I think it is great to see it back!
Is this the Delta or the Marriott?
Old Apr 21, 2022, 10:47 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Is this the Delta or the Marriott?
I stayed at the Marriott last week as well and the M Club was open. Afternoon snacks were just cookies and biscottis, nothing like the fun snacks before. Had an event with a breakfast buffet so I didn’t use the lounge, but it looked like a hot buffet in there.
yscleo and margarita girl like this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 11:15 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
@margarita girl The lounge hours I posted were at the Delta. I updated my post to add the location. Lounge was just like I remember from 2019
margarita girl likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 11:36 am

Programs: Delta-DM, United-Platinum, American-Platinum, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Just booked 1 night (Friday) at the Delta Victoria followed by 1 night (Saturday) at the Marriott Victoria. My wife had a FNA that needed to be used and I topped it up with 5K in points at the Delta. Since it's only 1 night I couldn't use the typical 1st night under my name as a LT Platinum followed by her night to get benefits across both nights but I did call and asked the hotel if they'd honor my benefits such as club lounge access which they confirmed they will (I just won't get points). Unfortunately the Saturday night award space is gone at the Delta and the cash rate is insane so moving to the Marriott the 2nd night.

They hotels look fairly close so I hope it's not too much of an issue to move. We'll actually be "ubering" from YYJ to the Delta and then taking the water plane to Whistler on Sunday. At least I'll get to compare these two hotels directly. If anyone has additional tips to make this part of the trip smoother let me know. We don't plan on getting a rental car as I hear we can just walk everywhere within Victoria
Old May 2, 2022, 3:19 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by ahbitheman
Just booked 1 night (Friday) at the Delta Victoria followed by 1 night (Saturday) at the Marriott Victoria. My wife had a FNA that needed to be used and I topped it up with 5K in points at the Delta. Since it's only 1 night I couldn't use the typical 1st night under my name as a LT Platinum followed by her night to get benefits across both nights but I did call and asked the hotel if they'd honor my benefits such as club lounge access which they confirmed they will (I just won't get points). Unfortunately the Saturday night award space is gone at the Delta and the cash rate is insane so moving to the Marriott the 2nd night.

They hotels look fairly close so I hope it's not too much of an issue to move. We'll actually be "ubering" from YYJ to the Delta and then taking the water plane to Whistler on Sunday. At least I'll get to compare these two hotels directly. If anyone has additional tips to make this part of the trip smoother let me know. We don't plan on getting a rental car as I hear we can just walk everywhere within Victoria
The 2 hotels are probably a good 15min walk from each other, and slightly uphill walk from the Delta to Marriott. The Delta is on the other side of the harbour, requiring you to cross the Johnson St bridge.

No real need for a rental car if you’re staying in the Inner Harbour area.
Old May 2, 2022, 4:19 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG Plat,
I thought there's no Uber in Victoria?
margarita girl likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 4:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Originally Posted by somedude3210
That was my understanding too when booking a stay there last year, and "due to Covid" the airport shuttle services were all suspended with taxi services at close to a 100% premium for airport service. (We never got to find out when our flight got cancelled.)
Old May 2, 2022, 5:40 pm

Programs: Delta-DM, United-Platinum, American-Platinum, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Originally Posted by somedude3210
I was told there is another form of ride sharing in Victoria hence why I wrote "Uber". Can't recall the name. If rates go down I may just pay cash for the second night at the delta but as of now it's over 3x the cost to continue to stay at the Delta.
yscleo likes this.
Old May 3, 2022, 11:47 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I don't know of a rideshare service that is any good in Victoria, and I live adjacent to the Delta and fly from YYJ frequently.

Cab to the Delta from YYJ will be about $70 CAD including tax and tip.

If you are traveling light and the weather is good, you can definitely walk from the Delta to the Marriott. If not it will only be about a $10 cab ride. Cabbing to Harbour Air from either hotel will be a similar amount, but slightly less.
yscleo likes this.
Old May 3, 2022, 1:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
I don't know of a rideshare service that is any good in Victoria, and I live adjacent to the Delta and fly from YYJ frequently.

Cab to the Delta from YYJ will be about $70 CAD including tax and tip.
We might be coming to Victoria this Sept. The Delta and Marriott are both above the FNA, and when I tried to book it doesn't give an option to use the FNA + points. I'll have to call to get our FNAs extended (from June this year). Red Lion seems a lot cheaper.

Wow, $70 taxi to the airport, that's more than what I'd pay in Toronto and I thought Victoria is small.
Old May 3, 2022, 1:53 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by yscleo
The Delta and Marriott are both above the FNA, and when I tried to book it doesn't give an option to use the FNA + points.
Look again. On marriott.com, not the app. It went live on Friday.
Old May 3, 2022, 3:22 pm

You probably don't see the option to top up your FNA because your travel dates are past the FNA expiry date. Let us know if marriott extends your FNA. Just so happens I have travel in June so can use mine.

Sucks there's no dependable rideshare in Victoria. I just looked up avis corporate rates and I can rent a car for $43 total a day instead so may just do that lol. That way I can drive to the Butchart Gardens from the airport and also drive from the delta to marriott prior to dropping off the car at the avis downtown after moving our stuff from the delta (just 4 minute walk from the Marriott). I'll be traveling with a 1 year old so all these little details help!

Originally Posted by yscleo
We might be coming to Victoria this Sept. The Delta and Marriott are both above the FNA, and when I tried to book it doesn't give an option to use the FNA + points. I'll have to call to get our FNAs extended (from June this year). Red Lion seems a lot cheaper.

Wow, $70 taxi to the airport, that's more than what I'd pay in Toronto and I thought Victoria is small.
Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
Look again. On marriott.com, not the app. It went live on Friday.
I saw the ability to top up my FNA on the website as well as in the app
yscleo likes this.

Last edited by ahbitheman; May 3, 2022 at 3:44 pm
Old Jun 3, 2022, 1:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
Just completed a 2 night stay using FNA. I'm a gold member and knew I wasn't high on the priority list for upgrades but I politely asked for an upgrade via the app chat feature a day before check in and was told that they would try their best to upgrade upon check in. I knew that occupancy rate was on the lower end (based on point redemption values) so I had fair chance of scoring an upgrade. To my delight, we were offered a fantastic harbour view room on the 7th floor. Beds are very comfortable and the free bottled water was a nice touch. If you prefer to have ice cold filtered water, use your hotel keycard to access the fitness facilities and you can easily refill your water bottles there. Fitness centre was great including full locker room facilities (showers, towels etc.), heated pool, squash (I think they need to be pre-booked), tennis courts, outdoor ping pong table and lots of workout machines.

Even though the location of the hotel is across the water, the great thing is that it's quiet and you're less than a 10 min walk across the Johnson St Bridge to the heart of downtown. If you're feeling extra touristy, you can always take one of the water taxis right outside the hotel back entrance for $8 to take you across the water. It was great that we could walk everywhere and not have to worry about finding parking in downtown. Hotel parkade is $22 + tax per night and there are no dedicated EV chargers but there are 6 stalls that have outlets so it's free as long as you bring your own charger.

Some places to recommend if you're staying at this hotel:

Boom + Batten for happy hour 2-5pm - 7 min walk from hotel along Songhees Walkway
Fol Epi/Caffe Fantastico (2 separate but adjoined businesses) - 8 min walk from hotel along Harbour Rd
Hey Happy - great coffee + breakfast items just across the bridge (try the breakfast sandwich, Westcoast cookie and nitro coffee!)
Murchies - pot of tea for $2.45 + scone $3.95 for a crazy cheap afternoon tea experience; lots of other cakes, pastries, sandwiches as well so it's great place to stop if you're in DT; lots of seating but can get busy so try and go during non-peak hours
Finest at Sea food stall - skip the food at Fishermans' Wharf and go here instead... amazing fish and chips, great chowder; they also have a shop in the back with fresh seafood for sale

Requires some driving:
Charlotte + the Quail (sister restaurant of Nourish Kitchen & Cafe [also worth a visit!] located close to Fisherman's Wharf) + HCP botanical gardens (entrance fee reduced to $6 if dining at Charlotte + the Quail the same day); even if you don't want to visit the gardens, go here for lunch! Amazing food (no reservations)!
Government House - free entrance / 2 free EV charging spots
Songhees Food Truck - great indigenous inspired burgers (wild sockeye salmon / bison) + chowder
Iluka Espresso - super cute coffee shop with a view of the gorge located within a block of apartment buildings
Esquimalt Gorge Park - beautiful Japanese gardens; in case the parking lot is full, there's also free parking at the end of Sioux Place
yscleo and Nitehawk like this.

Last edited by cp1369; Jun 3, 2022 at 1:44 pm
Old Jun 9, 2022, 2:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Sucks there's no dependable rideshare in Victoria. I just looked up avis corporate rates and I can rent a car for $43 total a day instead so may just do that lol. That way I can drive to the Butchart Gardens from the airport and also drive from the delta to marriott prior to dropping off the car at the avis downtown after moving our stuff from the delta (just 4 minute walk from the Marriott).
Wow, $43/d car rental. That's great rate.
yyzflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.