Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2017, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by nologic
No RC credit card, that's why I'm asking about a paid upgrade at checkin.
Ok, well it is unlikely to be less at check in than it is now.

Edit: In my experience, as others have said, the property will charge between 150-250/night (for 2 people) for club access. No clue what NOLA charges, so just email the hotel.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by sammyindc
I doubt it will be anything less than $150 per night. You can always email/call and ask.
And no free breakfasts. m
Old Feb 16, 2017, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by sig05
I've stayed here four times. This is one of my favorite Club Lounges. The food is very, very good. Here's what you need to decide: do you want to eat "free" food in the Club or go experience NOLA restaurants? If you aren't eating at least two meals a day in the Club, then no it isn't worth the extra money. For me, the access has always been nice if my previous night took too much out of me.

Do you have a RC credit card? If so, redeeming a Club upgrade would be worthwhile.
Good point abt the food scene...club might be overkill here.
Old May 6, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: AAdvantage, CK, 4 MM; Marriott Lifetime PLT
Ritz New Orleans

One of the worst RC I have ever stayed at....and I have stayed at many. Not even close. This hotel is in serious need of a major upgrade. The rooms are in terrible condition for a 5-star property. The carpet is stained and smells. The shower and vanity shows signs of aging -- peeling!! I am not kidding. It surprises me that Ritz/Marriott has allowed the property's condition to get like this. The only saving grace was the service was very good. Other than that, I will avoid staying here on any future visit. Mods, if this is not the right thread feel free to move.
Old May 6, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
The staff in the Club lounge were great at this property, but overall, the club lounge was not such a big advantage given that so many culinary opportunities are around locally.

Edit: I was a Gold member when I stayed and the management directly told me that they didn't provide any upgrades for Gold. Then they said they were willing to upgrade a club level room to an executive suite (non-club)....
Old Apr 26, 2019, 4:12 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Any updates. Been to NOLA 3x in last 6 months all at FS Marriott.

I started planning the next trip using points, but it was 150k + $600 for lounge access (3 days). Looking at cash, I got club suite for $509 all in.

Would appreciate a more update lounge review.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I stayed here from December 27, 2018 through January 1,2019. The hotel did not upgrade me or offer a chargeable upgrade. About a week before the stay, I asked my Ambassador to check on an upgrade and or any special treatment. She was unable to get the hotel to do anything.

The hotel was very busy. Two NBA teams stayed here while I was there. The Saints played on December 30 plus the Sugar Bowl and NYE also contributed to the hotel being sold out.

The hard product was okay. Service was inconsistent. The staff seemed to be trying but the crowds were too much.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 11:50 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Excited to hear about this renovation- hoping it will be complete (or close to it) by our visit next Spring.

The Ritz-Carlton New Orleans on Canal Street will undergo a $40 million renovation starting in May 2019. The work is expected to be complete this fall.

The renovation will update carpeting, décor, furnishing and bathroom features in 451 of the hotel’s 527 rooms.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nol...outputType=amp
bhrubin likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 12:12 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT TITANIUM / HILTON GOLD / UA SILVER / AMEX PLAT
AMEX FHR Club Room or Non-Club Room

So I will be going to New Orleans in October 2021 for a wedding and was wondering if I should splurge and get a club room or not using the Amex FHR program.

The FHR program already offers free breakfast and a $100 property credit so I am pretty solid on for breakfast notwithstanding my Titanium status.

The convenience of the club is very nice if I wanted something to drink or nibble on when I was staying at the Rancho Mirage location. But I found that when I was in SF the only way to sample the best food in the city was either to skip the food at the club or just be a complete glutton.

Here, I am asking the same question. I really do enjoy the quite sanctuary the club provides so I can read or journal and how easily accessible food / beverages are but I fear I won't be able to enjoy the culinary wonders of the city.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 7:11 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by OUTraveling
So I will be going to New Orleans in October 2021 for a wedding and was wondering if I should splurge and get a club room or not using the Amex FHR program.

The FHR program already offers free breakfast and a $100 property credit so I am pretty solid on for breakfast notwithstanding my Titanium status.

The convenience of the club is very nice if I wanted something to drink or nibble on when I was staying at the Rancho Mirage location. But I found that when I was in SF the only way to sample the best food in the city was either to skip the food at the club or just be a complete glutton.

Here, I am asking the same question. I really do enjoy the quite sanctuary the club provides so I can read or journal and how easily accessible food / beverages are but I fear I won't be able to enjoy the culinary wonders of the city.
The Club in the Ritz-Carlton NOLA is really really good. With that said you are in a foodie city and may wish to venture out. Also, instead of staying in the Club in the evening you may wish to visit the Davenport Lounge on the main floor where there is some good live entertainment. That of course is assuming live entertainment will be back in NOLA and Covid will be more controlled.
andrewstahl likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 9:58 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Any recent stays?
Old Sep 8, 2021, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Originally Posted by WasKnown
Any recent stays?
Lol maybe from some reporters covering the city without power during the Hurricane.
(But actually, stayed at the Moxy for this very reason. We lost power at the Moxy and generators failed, the Marriott down the street did keep generators running a bit longer before also losing power. Many properties now housing evacuees)
WasKnown likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I'll provide a full review after my stay, but I must say that I'm very impressed with the Ritz New Orleans. A beautiful suite upgrade on a Saturday night, a room with real design, probably the biggest TVs I've seen in a room, and one of the friendliest front desk associates I've had the pleasure of chatting with and making laugh since Krystal at the Moana Surfrider.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 9:22 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I'll provide a full review after my stay, but I must say that I'm very impressed with the Ritz New Orleans. A beautiful suite upgrade on a Saturday night, a room with real design, probably the biggest TVs I've seen in a room, and one of the friendliest front desk associates I've had the pleasure of chatting with and making laugh since Krystal at the Moana Surfrider.
Well, I must say that The Ritz-Carlton New Orleans has been one of the most delightful properties I have had the pleasure of staying at. I would highly recommend and look forward to returning. Here are my pros, cons, and photos.

Pros:
  • Arrived at check-in to be told that I had been automatically upgraded to an Executive King Suite - while my assigned room on the 8th floor wasn't ready at 9 AM, a suite on the 3rd floor (lobby level) was ready, which I took
  • Incredibly delightful front desk service - had the chance to chat and laugh with some humorous personal anecdotes
  • No issue with 4 PM late checkout
  • Suite ready at 9 AM
  • Delightful and consistent design - while this may not be everyone's preferred aesthetic, I found the design consistency to be delightful - the light blue walls were calming, and the patterns made the room feel classic - with Her Majesty's recent passing, I couldn't help but think that this would be where she would have stayed if she had had the chance to come to New Orleans
  • Very comfortable furniture - both the couch and purple arm chair
  • Nice bed - everything was very "in the middle" - the mattress was firm, yet soft - 2 firm pillows and 2 soft pillows - the covers were thick yet not overwhelming for NOLA - I doubt anyone would complain about this bed
  • Ceiling fan in the bedroom
  • Incredibly large TVs with Internet TV OS!
  • Nice modern updates - lots of built-in outlets in the furniture, Qi wireless charging on the clock, touch-screen thermostats
  • Beautiful marble bathroom with separate tub and shower
  • Shower pressure was nice and not overpowering
  • An absolutely amazing welcome gift of chocolate music note and mask, pralines, macarons, truffles, and candied jellies - beautiful and tasty!
  • The property itself is beautiful inside and out (see photos below)
  • Nespresso machine in room
  • Great noise cancellation - I was in the closest room to the lobby lounge where they play jazz from 8 PM to Midnight, but I could not hear a sound from my room
  • Delicious breakfast - the buffet is $32, but includes made-to-order pancakes and eggs benedict as well as an omelet station - the pancakes were easily the best pancakes I have ever had as they didn't just have a buttery edge (they had a buttery top) - the crawfish omelet was delicious, and the shrimp dish was also quite good
Cons:
  • No free breakfast, but those pancakes were worth paying for :-)
Notes:
  • I really enjoyed the architecture of the property. One might wonder why there are four shuttle elevators for the ground to lobby, but then you remember that this building used to be a department store :-)
  • There is one elevator in the back corner of the property that has a stop for the Courtyard lobby - the horror! :-)
Photos:

DELee, svo242, Travel4Love and 3 others like this.
Old May 30, 2023, 9:07 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Did a couple nights here over Memorial Weekend. Got upgraded to a city view room right on Canal, which was a bit noisy but we knocked out pretty well anyway. Room was small for a Ritz, but its New Orleans and most of the rooms are small everywhere.

Very nice rooms and amenities, got 4pm checkout no problem and they held our luggage after for our late flight home so we could go do a few more things before leaving.

Spa was excellent, may be the best massage I've had. Not sure I can afford to stay here on every trip to Nola but was a very nice treat for my fiancée and I. Highly recommended.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.