Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points by Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Doesn't look like it's an open/not open issue, KEN, it's that it WILL be open but not as an SPG property. That shouldn't be a last minute surprise, should it?
I've driven past this location many times. I am under the impression this property was closed so that it could be renovated and rebranded to a Four Points.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket
Exactly, the place is open... but I just feel that I should not have been told ON THE DAY that the place is now part of SPG!

Given how many other properties there are in the area, I should have been told ahead of time so I could pick something else and find a deal. It's very disappointing.
Are you serious. It's always looked closed to me. WHO KNEW?! ..
Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:33 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Originally Posted by KENNECTED
I mean it looks horrendous!

But yes, you could stay there tonight!

http://fortlauderdaleportinn.com/

Speaking of which, what happened to the Miami Dadeland property? That didn't seem to stay for long!

Ah - looks like it became an Aloft! http://news.marriott.com/2016/10/con...land-unveiled/
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by KENNECTED
As far as I know, it's remained open throughout the entire renovation process. But I can understand why someone would think otherwise. The building had scaffolding adorning the exterior the last half dozen times I've been past.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket

'Unfortunately this hotel will not be open as a Four Points by Sheraton and will not be participating in the SPG program during your travel dates.
Not sure how you managed to book this hotel assuming it would be SPG.

I could use three rooms on points for a weekend night in July, but although the SPG website says June 1st opening, you can only book online for dates from August 1st onwards.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 6:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Not sure how you managed to book this hotel assuming it would be SPG.

I could use three rooms on points for a weekend night in July, but although the SPG website says June 1st opening, you can only book online for dates from August 1st onwards.

The hotel opening date and booking information has changed. Changed at least one time.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 10:32 pm

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
I just booked this property for Dec. on SPG points. I hope it manages to complete its transition to Starwood by then. Apparently it still hadn't as of this month.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
This hotel keeps changing and pushing back its opening time. A few weeks ago it was Oct 1. now its up to Oct 26, and I have a stay booked for Oct 28. That stay is still on the books, but I'll note that you can't make any room reservations online till Nov 1st.

I wonder if that means my reservation will be cancelled or if I'm in some sort of soft opening period? Anyone who's in the area or have any other insight into this hotels status (I guess conversion to Four Points, since it already exists as independent?)

The website says
Hotel Opens October 2. Taking Reservations November 1, 2017.
We open our doors on October 26, 2017, and are accepting reservations for stays on or after November 1, 2017.

I'm guessing they forgot to update the 'Oct 2' copy to reflect the Oct 26 date. A little nervous about having an award reservation in this 'non open' date..
Old Sep 19, 2017, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

did you contact hotel? date they take reservations from can often be after '[re]opening' not matching.

odd when i first opened hotel website it said it was open right now, post irma.

looking at hotel's non starwood site, says unavailable sep 19-24, sep 30, from nov 1

id imagine starwood would honor SPG bookings even if final date changes ?

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 19, 2017 at 8:56 pm
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pitflyer
This hotel keeps changing and pushing back its opening time. A few weeks ago it was Oct 1. now its up to Oct 26, and I have a stay booked for Oct 28. That stay is still on the books, but I'll note that you can't make any room reservations online till Nov 1st.

I wonder if that means my reservation will be cancelled or if I'm in some sort of soft opening period? Anyone who's in the area or have any other insight into this hotels status (I guess conversion to Four Points, since it already exists as independent?)

The website says
Hotel Opens October 2. Taking Reservations November 1, 2017.
We open our doors on October 26, 2017, and are accepting reservations for stays on or after November 1, 2017.

I'm guessing they forgot to update the 'Oct 2' copy to reflect the Oct 26 date. A little nervous about having an award reservation in this 'non open' date..
I hope you have a backup plan. I know I would make one.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
did you contact hotel? date they take reservations from can often be after '[re]opening' not matching.

odd when i first opened hotel website it said it was open right now, post irma.

looking at hotel's non starwood site, says unavailable sep 19-24, sep 30, from nov 1

id imagine starwood would honor SPG bookings even if final date changes ?
I doubt the unavailability is related to Irma. That's just the hotel being sold out. I was without power for 8 days after Irma. If I hadn't evacuated the state, I'd probably have been searching for a hotel with power and air conditioning.

I went past this hotel this morning on the way home from the airport. I didn't see any damage. I did see people inside new part of the building.

This hotel expanded the first floor to increase the square footage of the first floor. Pure speculation, but I'd bet the extended delay might be related to that construction. Renovating a guest room is pretty straight-forward. Adding an addition to a building requires more work as well as potential delays getting inspections done by the local government.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:20 pm

This is a steal on points in weekend high season. Booked one night here in February.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by joetro
This is a steal on points in weekend high season. Booked one night here in February.
I agree very low points for high season. I am hoping their is no problems with them excepting SPG when they will be a Sheraton in Jan when we go. Someone on trip advisor said they would not except their SPG awards reservation. Not sure I totally understood the problem but do not want a problem when going in Jan for 2 nights.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by cherburt
I agree very low points for high season. I am hoping their is no problems with them excepting SPG when they will be a Sheraton in Jan when we go. Someone on trip advisor said they would not except their SPG awards reservation. Not sure I totally understood the problem but do not want a problem when going in Jan for 2 nights.
I don't understand. If you can't reserve via SPG until Oct how would they have been refused already?
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I found the review that cherburt was likely talking about:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...ECK_RATES_CONT

I can see how its very possible since they keep pushing their opening date back, and apparently not notifying people with existing reservations. While it's a good deal with points on the weekend, it's also likely not worth the hassle so I might just cancel and move on.

The hotel still does show an opening of Oct 26 at this point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.