Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Element Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Element Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2018, 12:09 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond, A3-Gold
Originally Posted by mster
Great news! Are you Platinum or Platinum Premier?
LT Platinum and on the cusp of Platinum Premier, which I will reach by mid November.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
I checked the starwood reviews on this property. They are all over the map.
For point redemptions, this property is on par with both the Sheraton & Le Meridien Putrajaya.
For a 1st stay, seems that Meridien is more predictable?
I'd go with Sheraton, but I think Element is actually much cheaper on points.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 2:58 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by barracuda93
I'd go with Sheraton, but I think Element is actually much cheaper on points.
Big difference, 12500 vs 7500. Have not stayed at the PJ Sheraton but it looked nice when I was walking to the LRT from the Hilton, both hotels not having much around them to wander to.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:19 am

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:34 am
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:09 am

Any Plat / Plat Premier members visit this property over the last two months and can share their experiences?

I'll be staying over Chinese New Year and will definitely report back

I stayed at this property for my third and final night in KL during the last week of November, after two nights at the Aloft. I used points for both properties, which was a great deal as paid nights were pretty high that week. The Aloft was good, but a bit blah. The Element, on the other hand, was a great one-nighter. I was a gold elite for the stay, and it was my 50th night of the year qualifying me to platinum. Elite recognition was great all-around, and I got an upgrade to a one bedroom suite. As a gold member, two coupons for drinks in the lobby were given to me, and a 2 PM late check out was no problem. The staff were all amiable and courteous, and I'd stay there again.

Last edited by LoveGlobeTrottin; Jan 8, 2019 at 2:35 am
Old Jan 8, 2019, 3:14 am
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Originally Posted by LoveGlobeTrottin
I stayed at this property for my third and final night in KL during the last week of November, after two nights at the Aloft. I used points for both properties, which was a great deal as paid nights were pretty high that week. The Aloft was good, but a bit blah. The Element, on the other hand, was a great one-nighter. I was a gold elite for the stay, and it was my 50th night of the year qualifying me to platinum. Elite recognition was great all-around, and I got an upgrade to a one bedroom suite. As a gold member, two coupons for drinks in the lobby were given to me, and a 2 PM late check out was no problem. The staff were all amiable and courteous, and I'd stay there again.
I was in Aloft too and sadly no suite upgrade although they still upgraded me 1/2 categories to their "Urban Room" which is a free minibar. Might try element next time then.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I just booked this hotel for a stay in mid-Feb. It looks like I should get breakfast and 1 bedroom upgrade as Plat Premier.

Anymore recent reports from Plats/Plat Premier?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 1:12 am

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:33 am
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:58 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
I was there last week and can echo the comments re Breakfast, I have had great food there be it breakfast or other last year, last week it was very disappointing. Apart from that it’s a good choice, in a city with many good choices.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Hmm. Looking forward to my stay in a couple weeks. Too bad about the breakfast spread!
Old Feb 9, 2019, 4:30 am

For award bookings, for non Malaysians, is there a ten ringgit per night charge for taxes? Any other fees?
thank you
Old Feb 2, 2022, 5:02 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA 1k, AA Exec Plat
No more free breakfast

Staying now and was told at check in there is no free breakfast option for Ambassadors at Elements. Either 500 points or 15 RM. The 15 RM is equivalent to $3.50, so I found that a bit insulting. I stayed sometime last year and was given breakfast, so must be a new policy. I was given an upgrade, but to a suite that was missing a table (just a giant empty space where the table used to be). Last year I was given a skyline view suite, which was great, and available this time as well. The check in felt very cold and I can't say I'm motivated to stay here again.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by flybyFIRE
Staying now and was told at check in there is no free breakfast option for Ambassadors at Elements. Either 500 points or 15 RM. The 15 RM is equivalent to $3.50, so I found that a bit insulting. I stayed sometime last year and was given breakfast, so must be a new policy. I was given an upgrade, but to a suite that was missing a table (just a giant empty space where the table used to be). Last year I was given a skyline view suite, which was great, and available this time as well. The check in felt very cold and I can't say I'm motivated to stay here again.
Elements don't offer free breakfast as a benefit - it was definitely great at this property while it lasted. Had an extended stay in a skyline view suite too on a 50+ floor and it really was phenomenal!
Old Feb 2, 2022, 6:25 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Elements don't offer free breakfast as a benefit
*in Asia Pacific. Free breakfast is part of the brand standard elsewhere.

It's quite weird.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 10:04 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Walked past this hotel recently.
It's a 2 min walk to or from "Ampang Park" metro LRT station line number 5 (red color). This line connects directly to "KL Sentral", the central railway station
"Ampang Park" station has both escalators and an elevator all the way from platform to exit, so practical if you have heavy luggage. Follow the exits for the intercontinental hotel to get to the "element" hotel.

Also, you can actually walk to and from "element" hotel from the station even if you are pulling heavy luggage as there are no huge roads to cross, no missing sidewalks, and no other obstacles along the way (as is sadly the case when trying to walk from metro stations to the majority of hotels and buildings in Kuala Lumpur).

Finally, if you want to hotel hop, the Intercontinental hotel is 1 min walk away (right next to the station exit).
eekaerf likes this.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Apr 15, 2023 at 10:24 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.