Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Element Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Element Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2017, 6:28 am

Programs: AZ FA+, BA & UA Gold
Did a search for dates mid-May and it shows that the hotel's opening the 1st of May now- is that true?
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: UA MP - 1K
Originally Posted by Enhancements
Did a search for dates mid-May and it shows that the hotel's opening the 1st of May now- is that true?
Yes, that's what the Starwood website shows.
Also bookable through various OTA's (Expedia, Orbitz etc.), so assume May 1st opening is true!
Old Apr 23, 2017, 3:51 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by tnkngn
Yes, that's what the Starwood website shows.
Also bookable through various OTA's (Expedia, Orbitz etc.), so assume May 1st opening is true!
And it is a bit sucky to keep changing the opening date. Imagine if those traveller originally booked the hotel because they wanna be part of the opening event but knowing the opening dates has once again changed >.>
Old May 1, 2017, 11:15 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Anyone stayed on their opening week? Looking forward to some reviews here.
Old May 2, 2017, 1:46 am

Programs: SPG Platinum,Hilton Diamond
currently checked in at Element Kuala Lumpur,Im the second guest to checked in .Suite not ready yet,received an upgrade to Skyline studio which got better view (Petronas Twin Towers and KL City Center.All room have wash basin and drinking water tap,not mineral water provided.studio unit doesnt have bathtub.Lobby located at level 40 while swimming pool located on level 39.guestroom and suites start from level 41 till 53.All building from ground till up is green.I forgot on how to upload photos here, can check my instagram theaccesscard to see all the photos.Detail review is coming soon.
Old May 17, 2017, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by theaccesscard
currently checked in at Element Kuala Lumpur,Im the second guest to checked in .Suite not ready yet,received an upgrade to Skyline studio which got better view (Petronas Twin Towers and KL City Center.All room have wash basin and drinking water tap,not mineral water provided.studio unit doesnt have bathtub.Lobby located at level 40 while swimming pool located on level 39.guestroom and suites start from level 41 till 53.All building from ground till up is green.I forgot on how to upload photos here, can check my instagram theaccesscard to see all the photos.Detail review is coming soon.
Nice photos. How was the rest of the stay?

Based on photos, no platinum upgrade?
Old May 19, 2017, 1:19 am

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Originally Posted by esdot
Nice photos. How was the rest of the stay?

Based on photos, no platinum upgrade?
I have been told 2 weeks ago that as an element they don't have to honour the platinum upgrade policy.
Old May 19, 2017, 2:38 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I was also told that breakfast is not complimentary as their restaurant, Trace, is a standalone outlet and not part of the Element brand. Not sure whether that means Plat will not get breakfast too...
Old May 19, 2017, 3:55 am

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Originally Posted by gummibar
I was also told that breakfast is not complimentary as their restaurant, Trace, is a standalone outlet and not part of the Element brand. Not sure whether that means Plat will not get breakfast too...
I was asked at check-in if I'd like to get the points or breakfast as Plat amenity. Took the points as breakfast was included in my rate.
However, the only other element I ever stayed at is the one in FRA. All their rates always include breakfast. Until last month I had the impression that included breakfast is part of the element brand concept. I was either wrong or Kuala Lumpur is an exception because "Trace is not part of the element brand".
Nevertheless, breakfast was good, ... and the pool was nice.
Old May 19, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by shonanroger
I have been told 2 weeks ago that as an element they don't have to honour the platinum upgrade policy.
That is correct, Elements and Aloft are exempted from upgrades. Design hotels as well.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Is there any update on this property?

I wonder if the breakfast is complimentary like other Element somewhere else. Planning to book on redemption but couldn't choose whether to stay at Sheraton, Aloft or Element KL.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 12:54 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by virtualaris

I wonder if the breakfast is complimentary like other Element somewhere else. Planning to book on redemption but couldn't choose whether to stay at Sheraton, Aloft or Element KL.
Are you Platinum? If you are then stay at the Sheraton because they've got a lounge for breakfast and drinks/food in the evening making your redemption great value.

Otherwise, take your choice of location.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
A bit OT but there is a fab restaurant / bar directly across the road from The Element called Troika Sky Dining...
Old Jul 15, 2017, 8:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by virtualaris

Generally, it depends on what you value. Either location vs club lounge vs upgrade vs breakfast.

In Element KL, you have to choose either points of breakfast as your welcome amenities and there is evening reception only on Monday to Thursday if not mistaken.

However, I have been getting upgrade all the time in Element KL to a one bedroom suite.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 4:24 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Will check it out next month, never hurts to try a new brand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.