Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ovolo Southside, Hong Kong, Design Hotel [Master Thread]

Ovolo Southside, Hong Kong, Design Hotel [Master Thread]

Old Jun 23, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I stayed here a few times in the past when BRGs were possible as mattress runs. They weren’t very forthcoming with upgrades and once I needed to escalate to Marriott. However, apart from that it’s not bad at the right price. As a first timer they’ll give you breakfast and happy hour and if you book directly they said they’ll still give Marriott points and night credits, which is good. The rooms are a bit small but they are very clean. Just avoid rooms facing the main road as it’s rralky noisy.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 6:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
I just booked Ovolo for one night stay for HKD 750 all in via Marriott. Seems like a good rate and hoping as
a first time guest and Titanium Member I will get a nice upgrade and free brekkie.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
I just booked Ovolo for one night stay for HKD 750 all in via Marriott. Seems like a good rate and hoping as
a first time guest and Titanium Member I will get a nice upgrade and free brekkie.
expect to be disappointed since brekkie in not a benefit for design hotels. Upgrades are property dependent.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 3:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by myperks

expect to be disappointed since brekkie in not a benefit for design hotels. Upgrades are property dependent.
You're correct but this hotel will give free breakfast and happy hour for first time guests. Then you have to book through their website - you still get night credits and points this way but not sure about ongoing bonuses.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
After reading this thread I decided against this hotel. I'm not sure why other than possibly getting stuck in a small room after having flown over from New York. Note that the going rate for my dates next week is HKD$650 on Marriott.com.

I will either stay at the Ocean Park Marriott (HKD $914) or Courtyard Hong Kong (HKD $1061). Courtyard Sha Tin is going for HKD $784 but the location looks pretty bad IMO. Of course rates are always subject to change and my stay will be mid-week with no weekend nights on the reservation.

-RM
Old Aug 9, 2019, 12:38 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
After reading this thread I decided against this hotel. I'm not sure why other than possibly getting stuck in a small room after having flown over from New York. Note that the going rate for my dates next week is HKD$650 on Marriott.com.

I will either stay at the Ocean Park Marriott (HKD $914) or Courtyard Hong Kong (HKD $1061). Courtyard Sha Tin is going for HKD $784 but the location looks pretty bad IMO. Of course rates are always subject to change and my stay will be mid-week with no weekend nights on the reservation.

-RM
Of those hotels the best value/price/location equation at those rates is the Marriott Ocean Park if you’re Platinum with lounge access. I’ve stayed at all of them. I know.
RobOnLI likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 1:43 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by ftrichard

Of those hotels the best value/price/location equation at those rates is the Marriott Ocean Park if you’re Platinum with lounge access. I’ve stayed at all of them. I know.
Have also stayed at all of them and agree. I do like the F&B better at Ovolo, great bars and restaurants onsite. Worth a visit from Marriott if you stay there, they're walking distance.
RobOnLI and ftrichard like this.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by helvetic
Have also stayed at all of them and agree. I do like the F&B better at Ovolo, great bars and restaurants onsite. Worth a visit from Marriott if you stay there, they're walking distance.
Yeah, your posts above make me want to check out the roof top bar at Ovolo. I plan to do that next week if the weather cooperates.

PS - I *never* eat at hotels unless it's in the lounge for a snack or breakfast. Lunch and dinner are always out at a restaurant or with friends somewhere. So F&B options at hotels are not make or break for me.

-RM
Old Aug 10, 2019, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Just wondering if Marriott Gold elite status obtained through AMEX Platinum will be enough to get a 2 PM late check-out?

Can someone explain what F&B mean?

Also is Marriott Ocean Park worth considering if one only have Marriott Gold elite status?
Old Aug 10, 2019, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by supatight80
Just take airport express to HKG central then take a cab from there. 24 minutes from airport to central and cab 15 minutes tops. Taxi price about 70 HKD
That sounds like a pretty good option. HK$70 from Central to hotel is cheap.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
Just wondering if Marriott Gold elite status obtained through AMEX Platinum will be enough to get a 2 PM late check-out?

Can someone explain what F&B mean?

Also is Marriott Ocean Park worth considering if one only have Marriott Gold elite status?
you might just want to check out all of the benefits for Marriott gold including for design hotels and then make an informed decisions. These benefits for the most part will apply to all properties you are planning on staying at.

design hotels don’t guarantee late checkout for golds
https://design-hotels.marriott.com/member-benefits/

f&b is food and beverage
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

you might just want to check out all of the benefits for Marriott gold including for design hotels and then make an informed decisions. These benefits for the most part will apply to all properties you are planning on staying at.

design hotels don’t guarantee late checkout for golds
https://design-hotels.marriott.com/member-benefits/

f&b is food and beverage
This is what I see in the link:
  • 2pm late check out for Gold Elite (based on availability at Marriott Bonvoy participating Design Hotels™)
Old Aug 12, 2019, 7:28 pm

This is what I see in the link:
  • 2pm late check out for Gold Elite (based on availability at Marriott Bonvoy participating Design Hotels™)
yes, based on availability. Not guaranteed like plats+.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

yes, based on availability. Not guaranteed like plats+.
Oh ok. Plats+ as in Platinum Elite? If I have Platinum Elite then it's guaranteed 4 PM?
Old Aug 12, 2019, 7:51 pm

Oh ok. Plats+ as in Platinum Elite? If I have Platinum Elite then it's guaranteed 4 PM?
Not really, still based on availability, since this place is a design hotel.
  • 4pm Guaranteed late check out for Platinum Elite, Titanium Elite and Ambassador Elite (based on availability at Marriott Bonvoy participating Design Hotels™, convention and resort hotels)
lsquare likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.