Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Delta Hotels Toronto Airport & Conference Center [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2017, 3:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...erence-centre/

Opening March 2017. Category 4. Doesn't appear to have an exec lounge.

"Airport hotel located across from the Congress Centre; minutes from Toronto Pearson International Airport; 433 rooms and suites; Property-wide complimentary Wi-Fi access and large in-room work stations; in-room dining; Complimentary 24-hour shuttle service makes the five-minute drive to the airport easy, and our onsite fitness and business centres provide all the tools necessary for a seamless stay. The hotel showcases an indoor pool and a large hot tub, along with four onsite restaurants."

"Large work desk and “Printer-On” room-to-front desk printing capability. Available on request: Accessible rooms, Non-slip Shower Chairs, Non-slip Mats, Raised Toilet Seats"
Old Jan 16, 2017, 12:23 am
alc

This looks to be the old DoubleTree, which I do like. But do hope some major renovation either by Marriott/Delta or whatever it was before after leaving Hilton Family, as it really need it last time when I stay there (as DoubleTree)
Old Jun 9, 2018, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Thumbs up Everything Seems Freshly Updated

Originally Posted by alc
This looks to be the old DoubleTree, which I do like. But do hope some major renovation either by Marriott/Delta or whatever it was before after leaving Hilton Family, as it really need it last time when I stay there (as DoubleTree)
I stayed at this property last weekend, and the hotel has definitely been renovated. While I hadn't been there before, just about everything in the room (and most of the property) seemed fresh and modern. The front desk staff were great -- very friendly and helpful, including with finding places to eat in the area.

As a Platinum, I was upgraded to a larger king room on the 12th (top) floor. The room had a comfortable bed, a large, modern, solid-surface counter / desk area, lots of closet and floor space, a massive flat-screen TV and an attractive and comfortable sofa. The bathroom was also updated, with lots of counter space and a nice walk-in shower.

I was also given access to "The Pantry", which seems to be Delta's take a lounge -- a nice amount of seating, breakfast in the morning, and soft-drinks 24-hours a day. The bar / bistro restaurant looked to be new too, with an interesting (i.e. trendy) menu, though I ended up eating elsewhere on this trip.

About the only thing that didn't seem upgraded was the gift-shop -- going in felt like stepping through a time warp, but it did have what I needed including some Canada souvenirs to take home. The airport shuttle runs on a schedule, every thirty minutes.

Overall a really nice stay, and I'd have no hesitation about returning the next time I'm up that way.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Booked a queen with sofa bed. Upgraded to a king with sofa bed. Hotel is very old (I knew it when it was the Skyline, then I think a Renaissance before becoming a Delta) but the rooms have all been recently renovated.

The lounge "The Pantry" on the 12th floor is only about a year old, initially serving only breakfast, but they added evening hors d'oeuvres ~6 months ago.

Breakfast served 7 days a week 06:00-11:00
Hot and cold hors d'oeuvres served 5 days a week 17:00-20:00
Food served on paper plates and plastic cutlery.
No liquor license yet.

When I commented on the paper plates, the lounge attendant said they ran out of the plastic ones. Yes, this sure seems like a green hotel chain.

Lounge has about a dozen tables, one computer and printer.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Well better they serve some things at evening than none at all . Thanks for the update.

FWIW - while I think the origiinal Deltas in Canada still have proper lounges, not sure the re-brands or newer ones do.

Cheers.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Well better they serve some things at evening than none at all . Thanks for the update.

FWIW - while I think the origiinal Deltas in Canada still have proper lounges, not sure the re-brands or newer ones do.

Cheers.
The evening food was actually decent. Cheese plate, veggies and dip, skewered grape tomatoes and mini bocconcini. Hot food was rice balls, spinach balls, and chorizo balls (covered in seasoned bread crumbs).

Won't be here for breakfast!
Old Dec 6, 2018, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just got an email from the GM at the hotel. I tried to pay with Marriott gift cards I had bought during the Amex promo. The FD agent, nor his mgr could figure out how to use the cards, so I said don't worry about it, I'll have lots of other opportunities to use them. I didn't complain or say anything else.
Firstly, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Toronto. I just wanted to follow up and apologize for the challenge when checking out relating to the use of the gift card. The process should be been more seamless for you to experience and while I will not consume your time with the challenges with the processing of these cards we have made some changes today that should hopefully remedy this going forward. As a token of appreciation, I have credited your Rewards Account with 7,500 points this morning (which should take a couple of days to be seen on your statement).

Wow, very classy. I'm impressed!
unclepants likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Hotel is very old (I knew it when it was the Skyline, then I think a Renaissance before becoming a Delta) but the rooms have all been recently renovated.
Ah, the old Skyline. They used to have a "nice" restaurant that my middle-class parents used to position during my upbringing as the height of sophistication (though I now suspect that it was more likely my parents knew as a family of 5 it was what they could afford for a "fancy meal"). As a child, my parents would often use "Skyline manners" as short-hand for me needing to be on my best behaviour. We finally went when I was probably 8 or 9 for dinner. I considered it a real honour, I was finally adult enough to eat at a proper, fancy restaurant. My parents even bought me a jacket and clip-on tie.

They had soft music playing over a sound system during dinner. It was just background music, the restaurant had no dance floor. After dinner and before desert, I asked my mother to dance, figuring this was the type of thing people did in fancy restaurants (at least all the old movies I'd seen on TV made me thing that's what people did). My mother was embarrassed but touched, and we danced one slow dance some place where we found space.

I may have to stay there next time I'm in Toronto for the nostalgia factor alone.

Sorry for the off-topic meander.
margarita girl and cur like this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
I might stay here in a few weeks. Any recent (Platinum) experiences at this hotel? What is their lounge breakfast like? Trying to decide between this property, the Marriott which I know and like and the Sheraton next door... I like the Marriott M Lounge where you can help yourself to the full buffet breakfast and they have a decent pool as well but it is almost double the price during this trip...

Last edited by Muerz; Feb 5, 2019 at 10:10 am
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:33 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Titanium / LT Plat
Originally Posted by Muerz
I might stay here in a few weeks. Any recent (Platinum) experiences at this hotel? What is their lounge breakfast like? Trying to decide between this property, the Marriott which I know and like and the Sheraton next door... I like the Marriott M Lounge where you can help yourself to the full buffet breakfast and they have a decent pool as well but it is almost double the price during this trip...
Did you end up staying there? I have a trip there next week and the Marriott, my normal choice, is booked...

Anyone stay here recently? I'm Titanium and hoping for an upgrade (corporate rate has me in a room with 2 Queen beds, I'd prefer King)... wondering if I should use my SNAs?
Old Dec 21, 2019, 6:44 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Delta Toronto Airport = Decent For Layover in YYZ

Delta Hotels Toronto Airport & Conference Centre

655 Dixon Road Toronto, ON CA M9W 1J3

Delta Toronto Airport = Decent For Layover in YYZ (8 Photos)

Delta Hotels Toronto Airport & Conference Centre

I booked a room at Delta Toronto airport at the last minute because of a flight cancellation.  I have stayed at various hotels in the YYZ vicinity in the past but never at Delta before.  My overall takeaway is that the hotel is more or less in line with brand standards and I can recommend it for an overnight although it does not stand out in a major way. 

The hotel is close to Marriott and Sheraton but maybe a couple of minutes farther down the road; the location is fairly close to the airport and suitable for a quick layover.  The shuttle bus operates every 30 minutes which is not the best frequency but it’s nonetheless better than some other hotels farther away that have a shuttle bus every 40 or 60 minutes which I do not find convenient.

Room

The room is not the strong point of the hotel.  I booked the entry level room (29 square meters) and was upgraded to a corner room which is more spacious (38 square meters) but there were suites available online.  I am not sure why I was not upgraded to a suite but anyway for a quick stay I did not mind and therefore I did not ask.  The room is generally fine but there is nothing special about it and the low ceilings betray the fact that it’s not a new construction.  The bathroom was recently renovated but it still has a shower in the bathtub and the bathroom was fairly small.  I much preferred the bathroom we recently had at Courtyard YYZ where the renovations were more impressive with a stand-alone shower and a larger bathroom.  The bathroom amenities at Delta YYZ would also make you think you are in a Courtyard hotel – what they offer at Delta are the same amenities as CY hotels normally have.  Anyway the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the shower had good water pressure, and since we had a corner room we were not bothered by noise during the night.  

IMG_8708.jpegIMG_8709.jpegIMG_8710.jpeg

Dining

The main advantage of this hotel compared to lower brand hotels such as Courtyard or other nearby hotels like DoubleTree, Westin, and Hilton, is that Delta has a lounge.  It’s open in the evening from Monday to Thursday but since we arrived late we did not see what they have for happy hour.  Breakfast is normally offered in the lounge for guests who are Platinum or above (not free in the restaurant) but because we are close to the holiday period they did not offer breakfast in the lounge at all, instead we had free breakfast in the restaurant which worked better for us.  All I can say about the lounge is that the space looks nice although it’s not very big so I can imagine it can get full.  You can access it 24 hours a day for a Keurig coffee or soft drinks in the mini-fridge.

IMG_8712.jpegIMG_8713.jpeg

The restaurant for breakfast looks nice and was not very busy.  The choices are standard including scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, etc. but they also had congee which cannot be said of most other properties near the airport so it was a positive mark in my mind.  There was also smoked salmon and the fruit selection included some berries and they also have a made-to-order omelet station.  Bottom line the overall feeling regarding is that it is somewhat more upscale than the norm for Toronto.  

IMG_8714.jpegIMG_8715.jpegIMG_8717.jpeg

Wifi

Wifi worked well with speed of 30 Mbps download and upload.

Overall

In the past, rates at Delta never caught my attention to make me believe it might be great value for the money so I had not booked there before.  The last minute price was fairly good this time around and our stay was fine.  I can recommend it when the price is right especially for people who value a lounge more so than the rooms.

Delta Toronto Airport = Decent For Layover in YYZ

Would you like to write a review on the Delta Hotels Toronto Airport & Conference Centre?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Sep 12, 2020, 9:03 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
recent Plat stays?

As a frequent visitor to this property, I rec'd an offer (targeted?) for $89 stay Thurs-Mon. While this is attractive, I have no idea if the lounge is even open?
Old Sep 26, 2020, 5:53 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
As a frequent visitor to this property, I rec'd an offer (targeted?) for $89 stay Thurs-Mon. While this is attractive, I have no idea if the lounge is even open?
frankly it's not that great of a deal. the hilton meadowvale missisauga which i think is far nicer (balconies) albiet not at the airport is offering rooms at $78-$88 a night every night with its online rate and i don't think there is a minimum. there are lots of cheap options in the suburbs, marriott properties do not seem to be any of them, i think because they get $$$ reimbursed from marriott based on their average asking rate for that night.

anyways marriott recently launching the "whattoexpect" website, it's just whattoexpect.marriott.com/5characterhotelcode
for the delta hotel torono airport conference:
https://whattoexpect.marriott.com/yyzda

Marriott Bonvoy Benefits
Available benefits vary by location and membership tier. At this hotel, please note that we currently offer the following Marriott Bonvoy benefits:
  • Breakfast: Breakfast will be Grab & Go from Starbucks.
  • Lounge Access: The Pantry is closed until further notice.
  • Welcome Gift: Accordingly.
  • Late Check-Out: Accordingly.
  • Mobile Check-In/Check-Out: Accordingly.
  • Mobile Key: Accordingly.
  • Mobile Guest Requests: Accordingly.
Food and Beverage
Starbucks: Open from 6:30am-8:30pm daily. Plexiglass has been installed at service counter
Ginko's Japanese Restaurant: Open
Monday: closed
Tuesday to Friday
Lunch 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Saturday
Dinner 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Sunday
Lunch 11:00am - 3:00pm
Orchid Cafe: Closed until further notice
The Pantry: Closed until further notice
Lot 41 Social Bar & Table: Closed until further notice (opening soon, for Dinner from 5pm-11pm)
In Room Dining: Closed until further notice (opening soon, for Breakfast from 6:00am-10:00am and Dinner from 5:00pm-9:00pm
but tbh i do not think any 3-4* canadian hotel lounge is ever really worth it. ever. prove me wrong.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 7:43 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by cur
frankly it's not that great of a deal. the hilton meadowvale missisauga which i think is far nicer (balconies) albiet not at the airport is offering rooms at $78-$88 a night every night with its online rate and i don't think there is a minimum.
Well to be fair, being near the airport almost always includes includes a price premium so you get what you pay for. Of course if someone wants to stay for several nights without any need to be close to the airport, it makes more sense to go farther away from the airport and save money. Given that Delta is only 3-4km from the airport, that price is not horrible given the location. Your comparison with Hilton Meadowvale is over 20km away and not part of the universe of competitors to Delta in my opinion. You should compare with rates at Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, one of the two Double Tree hotels, all of which are near YYZ.
margarita girl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.