Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Parq - Vancouver Canada [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JW Marriott Parq - Vancouver Canada [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2022, 9:56 pm

One night stay, Amex fine hotels and resorts portal, titanium status, booked base room

booked 3 nights ahead, submitted suite night award request for studio suite and the 1 bedroom king suites with mountain and with water view

Sna declined at check-in minus 1 day at 2 pm

Upgraded to king studio suite at check in

100 USD property credit at checkout came out to 118 cad towards on property restaurants (yesterday's exchange rate was 1.28 so that's quite the forex fee)

Edit post stay: points did post automatically but was short by more than 30 percent. Submitted a missing stay request 2 weeks later and the correction was posted about a week later

Last edited by crimsona; May 19, 2022 at 10:03 am
Old May 6, 2022, 9:20 pm

Lounge has re-opened again as of May 4, 2022
Established1985 likes this.
Old May 6, 2022, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by OfficeGlenn
What's it like? Evening snacks? Decent food spread?
Old May 7, 2022, 12:01 am

How timely! I will be staying at The Douglas from 08 May, and as a Titanium, should be able to have access to the Lounge. I always thought this Lounge had good-quality offerings, pre-COVID.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 7, 2022, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
How timely! I will be staying at The Douglas from 08 May, and as a Titanium, should be able to have access to the Lounge. I always thought this Lounge had good-quality offerings, pre-COVID.
Was told by the front desk that guests with platinum status staying at the Douglas will not have access to the lounge and will only have complimentary in room breakfast.

I have an upcoming stay next week at the Douglas as well so let me know if that is indeed your experience.

Last edited by OfficeGlenn; May 8, 2022 at 6:55 am
Old May 8, 2022, 4:19 pm

Programs: Delta-DM, United-Platinum, American-Platinum, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Let's hope you're wrong. Was told multiple times when calling the JW / Douglas that Douglas elites would get access to the lounge as they are sister properties. Actually chose the Douglas over the JW because it's got a more unique design and set up. Staying there three nights in June

Was told by the front desk that guests with platinum status staying at the Douglas will not have access to the lounge and will only have complimentary in room breakfast.

I have an upcoming stay next week at the Douglas as well so let me know if that is indeed your experience.
Old May 9, 2022, 2:27 am

For Elite Members staying at The Douglas, there is no more Lounge access at the JW Marriott Parq. See here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34233745-post32.html.
Old May 9, 2022, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
For Elite Members staying at The Douglas, there is no more Lounge access at the JW Marriott Parq. See here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34233745-post32.html.
Old May 9, 2022, 10:08 am

Programs: Delta-DM, United-Platinum, American-Platinum, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
I just booked the JW for the last night of my 3 night stay in Vancouver because of this. Using points on the first two nights and the points difference is too high to justify the additional lounge benefit. Kind of annoyed as I'll be with a 1 year old so moving rooms isn't ideal. Using the Deloitte corporate rate given my wife works there.
Old May 31, 2022, 9:37 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by crimsona
Edit post stay: points did post automatically but was short by more than 30 percent. Submitted a missing stay request 2 weeks later and the correction was posted about a week later
I'm having the same issue. From what I can tell, spend at Honey Salt (billed to the room) is not posting. My room charge + room service did correctly. I'm assuming that any restaurant that can be billed to a room and on your folio is eligible for points.
Old May 31, 2022, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by yvr76
I'm having the same issue. From what I can tell, spend at Honey Salt (billed to the room) is not posting. My room charge + room service did correctly. I'm assuming that any restaurant that can be billed to a room and on your folio is eligible for points.
Both Honey Salt and Victor can be billed to your room but won't earn points because they are not "operated" by the hotel.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by yvr76
Assuming your stay was recent. How is the executive lounge these days? Back up to par?
Old Jun 2, 2022, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by ultrawin
Both Honey Salt and Victor can be billed to your room but won't earn points because they are not "operated" by the hotel.

All the other restaurants ok for points?
Old Jun 2, 2022, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by ahbitheman
Assuming your stay was recent. How is the executive lounge these days? Back up to par?
Yes on my first stay it was closed, but the most recent stay it was open. Offerings are good, alcohol is paid, and it's not crowded (probably b/c you can't use it anymore if you're staying at the Douglas)
Old Jul 31, 2022, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Titanium
Just had some suite night awards clear. Is there an appreciable difference between water and Mountain view suites?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.