Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Majestic Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Autograph Collection - Malaysia [Master Thread]

The Majestic Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Autograph Collection - Malaysia [Master Thread]

Old Mar 20, 2018, 6:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by CJKatl
My room at the Majestic was the Presidential Suite in the new tower. It was one of the nicest rooms at any Marriott family hotel. It was a huge, two room suite on a corner with nice views and a great master bath and second bath in the living area. My room at the Ren was a high floor room with a view of Towers. I had to walk up two flights to get to the lounge food. IIRC the lounge in that tower was two floors but most of the food was on the top floor of the lounge. While it was one room, there was a work area in a very large alcove and there was a very nice bathroom. The room was very nice. I went to the other tower later that evening to check out the old school lounge and wound up riding up the elevator with someone from the hotel. He asked if I wanted to see their Presidential Suite. It was like an elegant, large apartment. IIRC there may have actually been a piano in the suite. While I doubt they would give the room to anyone as an UG, it was spectacular.
In September 2017, the West Tower lounge was closed. The East Tower lounge was the two-story lounge. I always used the lower floor, which had a good selection of food, excellent views and, most importantly, was almost never used. Most everyone used the main floor. It's my understanding the East Tower lounge is now closed as renovations are underway on that tower. Originally, the Renaissance was two separate hotels -- the West Tower was a 5-star hotel, the East Tower was a 4-star hotel. Hopefully, the renovations will also address the lobbies, as the present arrangement is kind of confusing and corridor between the two towers isn't that nice nor seamless.

As for the Majestic's location I was able to walk to Chinatown. A big plus is that it's close to Sentral Station. It's easy to take the train from the airport and hop on the free shuttle to the hotel and back. Many employees depend on the shuttle so it runs like clockwork.
I think if you're at The Majestic for business then it's probably not a good location, but for a tourist it's within walking distance of most of the colonial buildings and not that far from Chinatown. If I recall correctly, it's also a short walk from Lake Gardens, a city urban park and botanical gardens.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Does the hotel still operate a shuttle to/from Sentral? A quick perusal didn't locate any information.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 6:48 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Does the hotel still operate a shuttle to/from Sentral? A quick perusal didn't locate any information.
Yes, every thirty minutes. Most of the people who use the shuttle are employees so the shuttle always runs and will likely continue to run. And both shuttle drivers I had were awesome.

ADDED: It is listed as the first Key Amenity on the hotel's homepage: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...ph-collection/
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, every thirty minutes. Most of the people who use the shuttle are employees so the shuttle always runs and will likely continue to run. And both shuttle drivers I had were awesome.

ADDED: It is listed as the first Key Amenity on the hotel's homepage: Kuala Lumpur Hotel | The Majestic Hotel Kuala Lumpur
That's the airport shuttle, also addressed within 'airport information', but there's no information on their page (that I can see) that addresses specifically a shuttle to/from Sentral.

I'm rather familiar with the layout of Sentral, do you recall approx where the shuttle operates from? I'll probably contact the hotel in the next few days but was hoping to avoid that.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:43 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Sapphire, SIXT Diamond
Shuttle Schedule

That's the airport shuttle, also addressed within 'airport information', but there's no information on their page (that I can see) that addresses specifically a shuttle to/from Sentral.

I'm rather familiar with the layout of Sentral, do you recall approx where the shuttle operates from? I'll probably contact the hotel in the next few days but was hoping to avoid that.
Shuttle pick-up is from KLIA Express Arrivals (direct non-stop train from KLIA - KL Sentral) Taxi exit. Next to where the new link bridge from KL Sentral to Hilton / Le Meridien is.
dsquared37, CJKatl and barracuda93 like this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wantan
Shuttle Schedule

Shuttle pick-up is from KLIA Express Arrivals (direct non-stop train from KLIA - KL Sentral) Taxi exit. Next to where the new link bridge from KL Sentral to Hilton / Le Meridien is.
Thanks. ^
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:41 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by wantan
Shuttle Schedule

While I don't remember the exact directions to get there it was easy to find. You should not have a problem. When you walk outside to the driveway there are benches and signs letting you know the shuttle stops there. And again, there will be hotel employees taking the shuttle so you can always ask.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
T I had a good authentic Italian-esque pizza.
Hmmm...sounds like ethnic food.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 10:59 pm

Programs: Marriott, Virgin Atlantic, BA
I had a nice two night stay at this hotel the other week. I really liked the history of the property. Got upgraded as a titanium member to a large 1 bedroom suite. The room was modern, and amenities good.

The lobby area is superb, and the concierge excellent. The exec lounge was good, but they didn't have buffet snacks, although you could order some sandwiches and hot food. I'd definitely stay again here next time I'm in Kuala Lumpur. If anyone wants some more specifics on the hotel, please ask
Old Mar 10, 2019, 11:43 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by Flapster
I had a nice two night stay at this hotel the other week. I really liked the history of the property. Got upgraded as a titanium member to a large 1 bedroom suite. The room was modern, and amenities good.

The lobby area is superb, and the concierge excellent. The exec lounge was good, but they didn't have buffet snacks, although you could order some sandwiches and hot food. I'd definitely stay again here next time I'm in Kuala Lumpur. If anyone wants some more specifics on the hotel, please ask
Thanks -I'll be there is a few days so I hope to have a good experience as well
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
I had a nice two night stay at this hotel the other week. I really liked the history of the property. Got upgraded as a titanium member to a large 1 bedroom suite.
Did you choose the tower or no choice was offered?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 2:00 am

Programs: Marriott, Virgin Atlantic, BA
I was originally booked into a tower room, and got upgraded to a tower suite. No choice was offered, but I was quite happy with the room, and didn't ask for the alternative option.
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 2:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze

I completely agree with this assessment. I had a stay last summer for 5 nights on points. We were upgraded to a top floor tower junior suite for the stay.

Assuming things haven't changed since I've been, the food available in the lounge is identical (although a more limited selection) to what is served for afternoon tea served in the room opposite and is high quality as a result, particularly the sandwiches.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Arrived last night - so far not impressed with front desk (altho I as upgraded to a nice jr suite they were adamant that I was entitled to a "one category" ug, after discussion they said maybe ug tomorrow b/c sold out today BUT app and website showed all level rooms available for booking?????
Called titanium line and got an agent who was clueless about benefits - I may ask to speak to gm to see if this is poor training of fd or a systemic issue.

First impressions -
Absolutely friendly and kind staff
Some really nice architectural features
Really fast wifi (plat benefit for ug service)
Lounge reminds me of a old time gentlemens club - really limited offerings and cocktail hour only 5-7! (will try it tomorrow)
Lots of benefits are not pro actively offered eg shuttle schedule not offered at check in, 20% food discount not offered and no sign (but when I asked they said yes - have to provide membership #)
New mrt station nearby so this should be very useful
Pool closed at 7 pm
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by estnet
Arrived last night - so far not impressed with front desk (altho I as upgraded to a nice jr suite they were adamant that I was entitled to a "one category" ug, after discussion they said maybe ug tomorrow b/c sold out today BUT app and website showed all level rooms available for booking?????
Called titanium line and got an agent who was clueless about benefits - I may ask to speak to gm to see if this is poor training of fd or a systemic issue.

First impressions -
Absolutely friendly and kind staff
Some really nice architectural features
Really fast wifi (plat benefit for ug service)
Lounge reminds me of a old time gentlemens club - really limited offerings and cocktail hour only 5-7! (will try it tomorrow)
Lots of benefits are not pro actively offered eg shuttle schedule not offered at check in, 20% food discount not offered and no sign (but when I asked they said yes - have to provide membership #)
New mrt station nearby so this should be very useful
Pool closed at 7 pm
You should definitely escalate this internally, first.

I might have booked one of the higher category suites to see how the property would have handled it. If the suite is, in fact, unavailable then you would be entitled to compensation.

And you're right about the old-school gentlemen's club vibe. See here: The Majestic Hotel Kuala Lumpur
happygolucky_nomad likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.