FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Le Roch, Paris - Design Hotels [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1813607-le-roch-paris-design-hotels-master-thread.html)

travelista Jan 7, 2017 5:41 pm

Le Roch, Paris - Design Hotels [Master Thread]

Any recent Plat experiences here?

longtimereader firstimeposter Jan 7, 2017 7:56 pm

I staid here in November. Very small boutique hotel in the first arrondissement, that's in an ideal location. The hotel maybe has 3-4 rooms per floor and do not expect an upgrade as it is a Design Hotel. I had two rooms and neither were upgraded as a Plat100. Also, no breakfast either.

The rooms were small by American standards but very nice and new which I enjoy. The Westin is a couple of blocks away which is nice too but a little older. I'm still deciding which one I like better.

The spa wasn't open when we were there and I could not find any mention of this on their website. The gym is the smallest hotel gym I've ever seen but the pool is nice with a small sauna type room.

travelista Jan 8, 2017 10:56 am

Thanks so much for the feedback, longtime reader.
I've been checking out the TripAdvisor reviews, and they all seem glowing - so I appreciate the fellow SPG100 review from you. And it appears that the Spa is now open - so hopefully I can check out that.
I cashed in SPG nights for a 1-night stay. It was between here or the W Paris.

It'll be my 2nd Design Hotels stay, so I'm planning on getting the room that I booked and no complimentary breakfast. :( (Even on my birthday.)

I have stayed at the Westin years ago, when it was an InterContinental. But I'm thinking I'm gonna like the small, boutique stay aspect of this property.

Thanks again for the feedback!

zip10001 Jan 30, 2019 12:00 pm

*Bump*
Has anyone stayed at Le Roch hotel & spa Paris recently?

zip10001 Feb 18, 2019 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by zip10001 (Post 30719860)
*Bump*
Has anyone stayed at Le Roch hotel & spa Paris recently?

We stayed 2 nights in a 'cozy room'.
The hotel is located in a quiet street, close to the shopping street of "Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré" and "Place Vendome", also walking distance to "Le Louvre" and the "Opéra".
We enjoyed our stay, the room was perfectly appointed, the bathroom was large by the local standards. The GF really enjoyed the bath-tub and the comfortable bed. We did not try the gym/spa/pool/restaurant/breakfast.
At ~ 450 euros a night, it is a decent deal in the heart of Paris for a 5-star hotel.

SkiAdcock Feb 18, 2019 2:43 pm

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.

outlawashere Mar 1, 2019 7:52 am

Originally Posted by zip10001 (Post 30793959)
We stayed 2 nights in a 'cozy room'.
The hotel is located in a quiet street, close to the shopping street of "Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré" and "Place Vendome", also walking distance to "Le Louvre" and the "Opéra".
We enjoyed our stay, the room was perfectly appointed, the bathroom was large by the local standards. The GF really enjoyed the bath-tub and the comfortable bed. We did not try the gym/spa/pool/restaurant/breakfast.
At ~ 450 euros a night, it is a decent deal in the heart of Paris for a 5-star hotel.

Would you pick this over prince de galle or the W?

zip10001 Mar 1, 2019 8:13 am

Originally Posted by outlawashere (Post 30835248)
Would you pick this over prince de galle or the W?

I would pick the Roch hotel & spa over the W but I have never stayed at the Prince de Galles, so I cannot compare.
Some of the rooms at the W could be noisy while some have views. Roch hotel is very nicely designed, while the rooms at the W are not for everyone's taste.

outlawashere Mar 1, 2019 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by zip10001 (Post 30835303)
I would pick the Roch hotel & spa over the W but I have never stayed at the Prince de Galles, so I cannot compare.
Some of the rooms at the W could be noisy while some have views. Roch hotel is very nicely designed, while the rooms at the W are not for everyone's taste.

thanks for your input.

how about the rennnaisance republique?

hockeyinsider Mar 3, 2019 9:10 am

Originally Posted by outlawashere (Post 30837001)
thanks for your input.

how about the rennnaisance republique?

On points, absolutely.

EmpressRouge Aug 16, 2019 5:03 pm

I have a short stay coming up around Xmas/NYE and want to use points. Le Roch seems to be a decent point redemption value around that time of the year. Anyone here tried the restaurant at Le Roch?
Last year, we did a paid stay at Hotel de Nell (another Design Hotel) and loved their restaurant, but not a good point value so want to try something different this time.

bhrubin Aug 16, 2019 5:09 pm

Having had such glorious stays at the Prince de Galles, I am curious whether anyone would choose Le Roche over the PdG?

EuropeanPete Aug 16, 2019 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin (Post 31424667)
Having had such glorious stays at the Prince de Galles, I am curious whether anyone would choose Le Roche over the PdG?

Wanting to save €300+ a night? :) Obviously depends on which day you book.

EmpressRouge Aug 16, 2019 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin (Post 31424667)

PdG is also in the running. Keeping my options open.

Cardboard55 Sep 9, 2019 11:07 am

Originally Posted by EmpressRouge (Post 31424659)
I have a short stay coming up around Xmas/NYE and want to use points. Le Roch seems to be a decent point redemption value around that time of the year. Anyone here tried the restaurant at Le Roch?

Late reply, but we just finished a very nice one week stay at Le Roch. We didn't originally plan to eat at the hotel restaurant (with so many great places to eat in Paris), but on the last day of our trip we were pretty worn out, so we tried it. We were very pleasantly surprised. Very good food and service, and we enjoyed the atmosphere (around 9-10PM on a Saturday).