Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Budapest - millennium court, Marriott Executive Apartments [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2017, 5:59 am
Original Poster

We stayed at the Budapest Marriott by the Danube for two days and moved to Milennium Court (Marriott Executive Apartments) on the last day, which is literally a short three-minute walk from the main Marriott. This is a basic and rather cheap Marriott property. The original thinking was that:

a. We had an 8:30am flight to catch and would have to miss breakfast anyway.
b. This property costs $120-$150/night less than the nearby Marriott.
c. We would only come back to the hotel at night and had to leave early in the morning, wouldn't get to enjoy any amenity/service.

Therefore we decided to save ourselves $120 by moving to the Millennium Court after our Marriott stay. At check-in, in addition to our room cards, they offered another key card and said because I was Marriott platinum, we'd have full access to the executive lounge at the nearby Marriott two blocks away. What a pleasant surprise, and a cheap alternative for those who are gold and up.

Wondering if anyone knows of any other cheaper Marriott properties that offer full lounge access to a nearby high-end property like what we experienced?

Here's the info in the required format:

1) Budapest, Hungary, Milennium Court, Marriott Executive Apartments
2) No lounge, but Gold/Pat have access to the executive lounge at the nearby Budapest Marriott
*access key card provided
*Lounge open everyday, 6am to midnight
3) free wifi, business center with 2 iMacs in lounge
4) panoramic view of the Danube, Buda castle, and the chain bridge
5) stayed on 1/2/17

Last edited by yseh0228; Jan 4, 2017 at 9:15 am Reason: better format, more details.
Old May 3, 2019, 6:01 am

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Do they still offer Executive Lounge access at the nearby Marriott Hotel for Platinum and Titanium Guests staying at the Apartments ?
Nothig seems to be written on their website.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I have to say this place while not awful, isn't great at all. I stay at MEAs frequently. I've never seen one like this. It seems more like an old worn down, ready to be abandoned apartment complex. Nothing executive about it. The AC barely keeps the room from being hot. The "kitchen" looks like it's original from when they first built the place. It's a disservice to the MEA brand IMO. I'll post a full review with pics when I have time.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 12:07 am

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I have to say this place while not awful, isn't great at all. I stay at MEAs frequently. I've never seen one like this. It seems more like an old worn down, ready to be abandoned apartment complex. Nothing executive about it. The AC barely keeps the room from being hot. The "kitchen" looks like it's original from when they first built the place. It's a disservice to the MEA brand IMO. I'll post a full review with pics when I have time.
did you try the nearby Marriott Executive Lounge?
Old Oct 28, 2019, 2:35 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Since this is an apartment hotel, does it have laundry facilities?
Old Oct 28, 2019, 6:13 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Isochronous
Since this is an apartment hotel, does it have laundry facilities?
Yes, it does if nothing has changed since my last stay about 5-6 years ago.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 7:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
I stayed at this property the end of September / early October 2019. Yes, the décor is not cutting-edge, but I really liked it. In fact, I'm going back in April.
Old May 9, 2021, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
As the main Marriott was quite expensive, this time I opted for this, 100€/night incl taxes. Booked studio, got their biggest 2-bedroom apt as Plat. One is king bed, the other is twin bed. Wonderful view from the 11th floor. The decor is OK.

The Plat perks are otherwise non-existent - you CAN use the main Marriott facilities, have breakfast there, but you need to pay for it, even as Plat (policy changed by HQ, according to front desk) No entry to M Club either.

Location - can't get more central than this.

IMO very good value for money.
Old May 24, 2022, 7:59 am

Programs: Miles&More
Still no benefits for Titanium?
Old Jul 6, 2022, 3:23 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AC Altitude50
Hi

I stayed here a few years ago as Ambassador Platinum and had access to fantastic lounge at Marriott Budapest. I am going back as Lifetime Titanium. Will I still receive access to Marriott lounge?
Thanks
Old Aug 25, 2022, 12:03 pm

Programs: MAR Bonvoy
Originally Posted by canalskater
Hi

I stayed here a few years ago as Ambassador Platinum and had access to fantastic lounge at Marriott Budapest. I am going back as Lifetime Titanium. Will I still receive access to Marriott lounge?
Thanks
No you will not. Access to Budapest Marriott was dropped. Anyway, M Club at Budapest Marriott was moved from the stunning, unbeatable rooftop to the ground floor.
Budapest Marriott Executive Apartments offers no extras to Plat/Tit guest (no breakfast, extra points, welcome gifts, or upgrades) and only gives 2.5 points for $ spent.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BPtraveler
No you will not. Access to Budapest Marriott was dropped. Anyway, M Club at Budapest Marriott was moved from the stunning, unbeatable rooftop to the ground floor.
Budapest Marriott Executive Apartments offers no extras to Plat/Tit guest (no breakfast, extra points, welcome gifts, or upgrades) and only gives 2.5 points for $ spent.
...and only 1 qualifying night per 3 nights stayed...

but if these are not important for you, the location is brilliant and very reasonably priced.

For whatever reason the upmarket Marriott properties in BUD currently have double the price they used to have (especially the Marriott). I'm at the Courtyard, very good location (though not on the Danube) and good value.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
I stayed here for 4 nights with wife and kid because of the ability to confirm a 2 bedroom suite with a kitchen for under 200 euro a night.

Decor was very dated and the property was very no-frills but it is indeed perfectly located. As Ambassador I received a welcome note, 2 bottles of water, and a small bottle of OJ. But more importantly my request for 11th floor was granted and we had a wonderful view of and across the river which really made it worthwhile.

Definitely no lounge access and no breakfast -- breakfast was offered for 17 euro per adult, and it's a fairly middling continental breakfast served on the first floor. I took a look at it and declined (highly recommend using the Wolt app for some awesome cheap local breakfast delivery--and they'll deliver directly to your door, no need to come down to the lobby!)

Second floor has a "residents smoking lounge" (LOL) which is incidentally the only room in the joint with working A/C. But it smells as expected. There are thermostats in the guest rooms but they don't appear to work for A/C, at least not in December when we were there. It was cold outside (highs in the 30s F) but we are Americans who like it to be 65 at night for sleeping, so we were concerned at first because not only is there no A/C, but there is heat constantly pouring out of the vents above the bathroom sinks, even if you turn the heat off! Thankfully, the windows open. Even with the windows open when it was 20 at night, it didn't get colder than 62 in the bedroom, if that gives you a sense of how much heat is pouring out of the vent. So, brace yourself if you are accustomed to American-style A/C.

Wifi was fast and I camped out by the coat check on the second floor to take some calls when others were sleeping. Housekeeping was also way above average -- things were neatly folded and placed like you'd expect at a good 5-star. Maybe it was Ambassador treatment, I don't know, but it was top-flight.

Parking is 11,620 HUF in the garage downstairs, I parked there on the last night after picking up a rental car.

Wife and I went to the full service Marriott for massages at the "spa," which is really just a massage room in the fitness center that happens to have a little jacuzzi and sauna/steam in the back. Overall the Marriott did not impress (massages were good though), so glad we didn't stay there. Also went to the Ritz to watch the World Cup final -- the Ritz did impress, and I think we would strongly consider a stay there in the future if we didn't have a preference for the 2 bedroom suite with the kitchen.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Overall the Marriott did not impress (massages were good though), so glad we didn't stay there. Also went to the Ritz to watch the World Cup final -- the Ritz did impress, and I think we would strongly consider a stay there in the future if we didn't have a preference for the 2 bedroom suite with the kitchen.
When I stayed at the Millennium Court, I just went out to have breakfast, there are tons of breakfast places within a 50m circle.

The M Club used to be the Marriott's main selling point (+ the river view from all rooms) Now it's relocated adjacent to the ground floor lobby, really a letdown.

If you want something extraordinary, you might want to check out the recently opened Matild Palace - we had a points stay there during last Easter, the SNAs went through and got a 2k€/night suite! (one of the best values of points I've had.)

There will soon be two very interesting properties opening (W?) in Budapest - one is the old Ballet School, opposite the Opera House, the other is the ex-MAHART HQ, diagonally across the square from the Marriott. Ah, and IIRC, the ex-Buddha Bar hotel (Klotild, the twin of Matild*) is being refurbished and will be one of the Marriott brands.

Now my go to Marriott property when on work assignment is the Courtyard - still reasonably priced, central location.

* fun fact - the twin buildings are actually called "Klotild Palaces", but the locals started to call them Klotild and Matild sometime in the 1930's and Marriott took the name over.
platbrownguy and SPN Lifer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.