Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa, Vietnam [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2017, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: soy
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email address:
[email protected]
Reservations: [email protected]

> Plat Welcome amenity is 1k pts or Breakfast for Elite+1
——————————-
Previously posted and someone deleted it - It is the policy of this prop to try and upgrade P/Gs and even Ss on their first stay. If for some reason the property cannot upgrade the P/G/S member on their first stay they will be given upgrade priority on their next stay.
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa, Vietnam [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: Hilton, SPG,
Originally Posted by Srisarin
breakfast discount now is either, not both
Gold Member benefit -The resort quoted VND 780,000, is this reasonable rate for Breakfast?
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:37 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Sounds high if it’s after the 50% discount.

When we were there last Oct/Nov breakfast was a P perk so never saw a charge to know what it might have been.

Originally Posted by Bonjour8850
Gold Member benefit -The resort quoted VND 780,000, is this reasonable rate for Breakfast?
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:09 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
No that amount if exactly 50% of the regular breakfast rate..
Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:07 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, etc
Originally Posted by estnet
I absolutely agree that the breakfast IMO is seriously lacking, with the exception of excellent breads/pastries and fruits (but many are hidden and unless you ask you'd never know they were there) and one or two other items.
I found a few stand out items that were good, but the food in general was not. I asked for a typical Vietnamese pancake for breakfast which had to be ordered a day ahead - but was made terribly the next day and without bean sprouts - "sorry we don't have any" - and it was basically inedible. The pho was tasteless, etc.
I don't understand the raves by many about this breakfast - but in my experience other spg hotels in Vietnam and Thailand surpass it by a mile. As a plat I didn't have to pay - but I agree that if I did I would eat elsewhere!
What fruits are hidden?
I arrived yesterday and had my first breakfast today. Went around 7am and stayed for almost two hours (going with 4 yo adds quite a bit of time but I also took it very slow). I'm actually quite impressed with the selection - various meats, parties, eggs, some fruits. Pissed that it's no longer free but at $17 per person seems very good value.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:26 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
If as reported by current guest Yoksel, if they're paying $17/person then the VND 780,000 was not the 50% rate as stated herein but full price (upon which the G/P discount when applied would be $17 - and IMO, very reasonably priced)

Originally Posted by t1c
No that amount if exactly 50% of the regular breakfast rate..
Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by Srisarin
If as reported by current guest Yoksel, if they're paying $17/person then the VND 780,000 was not the 50% rate as stated herein but full price (upon which the G/P discount when applied would be $17 - and IMO, very reasonably priced)

$17 is after 50% discount. 780000 VND sound correct as full price per person.

If you just want pastries and coffee, there's a little coffee shop next to gift shops and they have several pastries I believe around 50000 VND each.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:30 am

Still looking for laundry service. Hotel pricing is insane. Does anybody know a good place nearby?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Red face

Originally Posted by Yoksel
Still looking for laundry service. Hotel pricing is insane. Does anybody know a good place nearby?
The sea?

Sorry, I couldn't resist
Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:30 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
I noticed your platinum. I think you should get a discount or possibly a few free items a day..
Old Mar 23, 2018, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by t1c
I noticed your platinum. I think you should get a discount or possibly a few free items a day..
They give 20% which still doesn't make it acceptable.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by ankomonkey
The sea?

Sorry, I couldn't resist

Don't know about the sea but likely "the sink" will become an option.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 4:39 pm
t1c

They give 20% which still doesn't make it acceptable.
Ok got it. I spent 10 days there and I didn't see any laundry services heading into town or towards the airport.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 1:50 am

Current condition of sea?

can anyone there now comment on whether the beach Is currently clear of rubbish?
Old Mar 26, 2018, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by dlsherry
can anyone there now comment on whether the beach Is currently clear of rubbish?
The rubbish is touch and go - this is dependent on weather conditions. As previously mentioned the hotel does a really good job of cleaning the beach.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 2:16 am

Thanks imverge. Are you there now? I am flying there tomorrow so trying to get a sense of the weather and the beach condition.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.