Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa, Vietnam [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2017, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: soy
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email address:
[email protected]
Reservations: [email protected]

> Plat Welcome amenity is 1k pts or Breakfast for Elite+1
——————————-
Previously posted and someone deleted it - It is the policy of this prop to try and upgrade P/Gs and even Ss on their first stay. If for some reason the property cannot upgrade the P/G/S member on their first stay they will be given upgrade priority on their next stay.
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa, Vietnam [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2018, 6:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Thomas reached out to me a week ago to advise that he’ll (unfortunately) be leavng PQ for greener pastures this month.

Originally Posted by davem4
I'll tell them to go talk to Thomas.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 8:34 pm

Programs: QF Gold
Originally Posted by Srisarin
Thomas reached out to me a week ago to advise that he’ll (unfortunately) be leavng PQ for greener pastures this month.

So Raza the manager said no. Only for honored for guests that at time of booking reached out and asked what benefits were.

Such a poor decision.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 3:32 am
Suspended

why is it a poor decision ?

as a resort they never had to provide anyone breakfast and now will offer 50% off so better then 99% of other resorts

Originally Posted by davem4
So Raza the manager said no. Only for honored for guests that at time of booking reached out and asked what benefits were.

Such a poor decision.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 3:55 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Srisarin
why is it a poor decision ?

as a resort they never had to provide anyone breakfast and now will offer 50% off so better then 99% of other resorts
thats strange they honored all of my benefits...
Old Mar 9, 2018, 4:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat Ambo, HH Gold, Marriott VC AP Owner, AA Plat, UA Silver
Just another data point/update on the situation for Platinum elites - this hotel's apparent success in drawing international attention is clearly getting to their head, and I advise all Marriott elites to stay away.

In my email to the Guest Relations manager inquiring about Platinum elite benefits for my upcoming five night stay, not only has free breakfast been cancelled, but the benefits list doesn't even list complimentary upgrades. I've pasted below the hotel's response - it is laughable that the hotel tries to make up for the massive devaluation in benefits by mentioning useless business perks like printing and use of the meeting room for a resort hotel in the middle of nowhere.

· A 50% discount for you and your party at our Tempus Fugit restaurant between the hours of 06:30 and 10:30
· Complimentary Premium high-speed internet in guest room
· Complimentary 2 hour meeting room usage per stay
· Complimentary 10-pieces photocopies per stay
· Complimentary 10-pieces of printing per stay
· Complimentary 2 piece pressing service per stay
· 20% Discount in our Food & Beverage outlets
· 20% Laundry discount
· 20% Discount on spa treatments
Old Mar 9, 2018, 6:00 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by lhs323
Just another data point/update on the situation for Platinum elites - this hotel's apparent success in drawing international attention is clearly getting to their head, and I advise all Marriott elites to stay away.

In my email to the Guest Relations manager inquiring about Platinum elite benefits for my upcoming five night stay, not only has free breakfast been cancelled, but the benefits list doesn't even list complimentary upgrades. I've pasted below the hotel's response - it is laughable that the hotel tries to make up for the massive devaluation in benefits by mentioning useless business perks like printing and use of the meeting room for a resort hotel in the middle of nowhere.

· A 50% discount for you and your party at our Tempus Fugit restaurant between the hours of 06:30 and 10:30
· Complimentary Premium high-speed internet in guest room
· Complimentary 2 hour meeting room usage per stay
· Complimentary 10-pieces photocopies per stay
· Complimentary 10-pieces of printing per stay
· Complimentary 2 piece pressing service per stay
· 20% Discount in our Food & Beverage outlets
· 20% Laundry discount
· 20% Discount on spa treatments
Im not sure this is a negative except the free breakfast. I'm here now and they have offered me several perks that have not been mentioned.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 3:05 pm
Suspended

Breakfast at this property was NEVER an “entitlement” for G/Ps

Originally Posted by estnet
Are your parents gold/plat so entitled to the benefits for this (and I assume reservation made before the changes)
Old Mar 9, 2018, 6:52 pm

Programs: QF Gold
Regarding the Breakfast concerns, From March 2018 and in order to bring our resort in line with other Asia Pacific resorts in the Marriott family and to build consistency amongst all properties, complimentary breakfast has been discontinued for those who book a rate non-inclusive of breakfast. As a special courtesy to our Gold & Platinum Elite members a 50% discount is being offered on Breakfast in our Tempus Fugit restaurant. For further information on guaranteed benefits you can visit Marriott Rewards® Elite Benefits Guarantee
Old Mar 9, 2018, 7:01 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Wait, what? They're getting rid of the free breakfast "in order to bring our resort in line with other Asia Pacific resorts in the Marriott family and to build consistency amongst all properties," but then they're offering a 50% discount, which isn't in line with other Asia Pacific resorts in the Marriott family. How does that build consistency amongst all properties?
Old Mar 9, 2018, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by jpdx
Wait, what? They're getting rid of the free breakfast "in order to bring our resort in line with other Asia Pacific resorts in the Marriott family and to build consistency amongst all properties," but then they're offering a 50% discount, which isn't in line with other Asia Pacific resorts in the Marriott family. How does that build consistency amongst all properties?
50% discount is better than no discount.
Srisarin likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 8:54 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by imverge
Precisely. How does that achieve their stated goal "to bring our resort in line with other Asia Pacific resorts in the Marriott family and to build consistency amongst all properties?"
Old Mar 9, 2018, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by imverge
However it's contrary to
bring[ing] our resort in line with other Asia Pacific resorts in the Marriott family and to build consistency amongst all properties.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 8:57 pm
Suspended

frankly, if I were the property I'd immediately institute not only no free breakfast (as they are doing) but also institute no discount as well thereby ending this discussion, fully complying with Marriott standards demanded herein and we can all thank jpdx and dsquared37 as some posters like to kick a gift horse in the mouth

Originally Posted by jpdx
Old Mar 10, 2018, 5:39 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
If we want to be technical, the legacy Starwood resort-designated properties are part of the "Marriott family" yet offer complimentary breakfast to top-level elite status guests.

Here's more proof that sometimes when folks brag about airlines or hotels doing X or Y, when X or Y isn't required or is a loophole, eventually it goes away because the cat got too far out of the bag. Ugh. I miss having nice stuff.

Last edited by hockeyinsider; Mar 10, 2018 at 7:54 am
Old Mar 10, 2018, 7:31 am

Damned if you do. Damned if you don't.

This property extended complimentary breakfast for G/P members something that as a resort property is not required to do under the T&C of Marriott Rewards. That was a very nice thing to do.

Now, instead of complimentary breakfast, it is offering a 50% discount. Again, as a resort, it does not have to do. Not as very nice as free but still a nice gesture.

Has anyone ever stopped to think that maybe just maybe it was Marriott corporate that put a stop to the complimentary breakfast?

XXXX XXXX

OOppps I've said too much.
Srisarin likes this.

Last edited by imverge; Mar 10, 2018 at 11:56 am Reason: Deleted Name

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.