Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa, Vietnam [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2017, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: soy
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email address:
[email protected]
Reservations: [email protected]

> Plat Welcome amenity is 1k pts or Breakfast for Elite+1
——————————-
Previously posted and someone deleted it - It is the policy of this prop to try and upgrade P/Gs and even Ss on their first stay. If for some reason the property cannot upgrade the P/G/S member on their first stay they will be given upgrade priority on their next stay.
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa, Vietnam [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Yep except the beach is worse at the Premier Residences - no net, so huge garbage dump. F&B, I would think, is worse as well.

However, cash prices are in the $100-150 range if I'm not mistaken, vs $500-700 for JW.

And beside the premier residence (along the beach), everything is in construction and dirty, so expect noise.
I tried the restaurant in the residence beside JW at night for a change, and I had a very serious food poisoning. Staff also total amateur. Read the google comments, some are very accurate.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 9:14 am

JW Marriott is showing award availability during Xmas week now. Just booked my 7 night cert from Dec 22-29.

Anyone know if they require a Xmas dinner for all hotel guests?
Old Jun 28, 2019, 9:27 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by SCtrojan
JW Marriott is showing award availability during Xmas week now. Just booked my 7 night cert from Dec 22-29.

Anyone know if they require a Xmas dinner for all hotel guests?
We were there over xmas last year and although an xmas buffet was available for some outrageous price, there were a la carte restaurants and room service operating. So the short answer is no.

Old Aug 23, 2019, 1:20 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I am booked to stay here Oct27-Nov1 and requested to use my SNAs. Do we know how often these clear at this JW? I had great success at other Asian properties, and really want to have the lovely suite, but just cant cough up that sort of cash on it
Old Sep 13, 2019, 10:56 am
Original Member

Hello All! Has anyone had experience booking the JW Marriott Phu Quoc thru American Express Platinum FHR? I'm Marriott Gold, and planning an October trip...I was wondering the following:

1) As part of the FHR suite of benefits, you get an upgrade, when available. Has anyone had success via FHR benefits getting upgraded to the Turquoise Suite? If so, did you book the next lowest category (Emerald Bay Front)?
2) Did you receive Marriott Bonvoy points for the stay? (since it was booked via Amex)

Thanks!
Old Nov 20, 2019, 4:40 am

Does anyone know if you still receive any discount on breakfast for Gold Elite status? I stayed there 2 years ago and it was literally the best breakfast I have ever had. I read the forum that at some point they reduced it to 50% for Gold Elite. Still generous I guess given it's a $40 / person breakfast.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 7:54 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by mgold07
Hello All! Has anyone had experience booking the JW Marriott Phu Quoc thru American Express Platinum FHR? I'm Marriott Gold, and planning an October trip...I was wondering the following:

1) As part of the FHR suite of benefits, you get an upgrade, when available. Has anyone had success via FHR benefits getting upgraded to the Turquoise Suite? If so, did you book the next lowest category (Emerald Bay Front)?
2) Did you receive Marriott Bonvoy points for the stay? (since it was booked via Amex)

Thanks!
2) you always get Marriott points when booking via Amex FHR (not Amex travel)
Old Nov 23, 2019, 9:54 am

Does anyone know if you still receive any discount on breakfast for Gold Elite status? I stayed there 2 years ago and it was literally the best breakfast I have ever had. I read the forum that at some point they reduced it to 50% for Gold Elite. Still generous I guess given it's a $40 / person breakfast.
Well I emailed them and got a response. No more discount for Gold Elites.

While I wasn't surprised to see it no longer 50%, I was a bit upset they specifically exclude it from the 15% dining discount. It was definitely a highlight of the last trip so I'm sure I'll go back at least half the days, but perhaps we will just eat croissants at the bakery on others.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 6:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Spending NYE there, any Plats or above have any recent upgrade experiences to share?
Old Dec 25, 2019, 4:02 am

Programs: Marriott TE, AC75K
We're here over the Xmas break Dec 22-27. Booked 2 award rooms for 5 nights in early 2019 and held onto my 5 SNA's to request an upgrade to the Turquoise Suite. It cleared at exactly 5 days prior and we're having an absolutely wonderful stay! Our other room was able to be an adjacent room and they were able to open the balcony partitions to essentially make it one big room. Wife and kids say it's the nicest room they've been in and that's saying a lot! Enjoy your New Years at the JW Phu Quoc.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 5:42 am

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
Originally Posted by rowdypfeifer
We're here over the Xmas break Dec 22-27. Booked 2 award rooms for 5 nights in early 2019 and held onto my 5 SNA's to request an upgrade to the Turquoise Suite. It cleared at exactly 5 days prior and we're having an absolutely wonderful stay! Our other room was able to be an adjacent room and they were able to open the balcony partitions to essentially make it one big room. Wife and kids say it's the nicest room they've been in and that's saying a lot! Enjoy your New Years at the JW Phu Quoc.
What was the adjacent room next door? Emerald Bay Front?
Old Dec 30, 2019, 10:55 am

Hello,

I'm planning to go to JW Phu Quoc around new year 2020 and looking for Data Points on anyone being successful to book a 5 night during New Year in the past? The reason I'm asking is because I tried to simulate a search a couple of days ago for NY 2019 (to see if there are any suites available for upgrades) and to my surprise I saw different room categories available for purchase but NOT to book with award points! I got the following message: Unfortunately, there are no redemption rates available for the dates you selected. To book with points, please change your dates or search nearby hotels

So I'm not sure if this hotel ALWAYS blocks their rooms for the NY ( I didn't know hotels were allowed to do that...) or if I should expect the award night to open up in a month or so and it's only because NY 2019 was so close that they took away the award night availability, for some reason.

PS: the reason this is time sensitive is because I'm about to book flight in the next couple of days and was counting on spending sometime here. If they are likely NOT to open up I'll change my travel destination. Thanks!

Last edited by spartac; Dec 30, 2019 at 11:21 am
Old Dec 31, 2019, 2:23 am

Programs: Marriott TE, AC75K
Originally Posted by JordanWalker
What was the adjacent room next door? Emerald Bay Front?
We booked the base room and they upgraded us so I'm not entirely sure, but I think it was an Emerald Bay Front, Bay View, High Floor 2 Twins/Doubles..
Old Jan 1, 2020, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by spartac
Hello,

I'm planning to go to JW Phu Quoc around new year 2020 and looking for Data Points on anyone being successful to book a 5 night during New Year in the past? The reason I'm asking is because I tried to simulate a search a couple of days ago for NY 2019 (to see if there are any suites available for upgrades) and to my surprise I saw different room categories available for purchase but NOT to book with award points! I got the following message: Unfortunately, there are no redemption rates available for the dates you selected. To book with points, please change your dates or search nearby hotels

So I'm not sure if this hotel ALWAYS blocks their rooms for the NY ( I didn't know hotels were allowed to do that...) or if I should expect the award night to open up in a month or so and it's only because NY 2019 was so close that they took away the award night availability, for some reason.

PS: the reason this is time sensitive is because I'm about to book flight in the next couple of days and was counting on spending sometime here. If they are likely NOT to open up I'll change my travel destination. Thanks!
It might be hit or miss. In 2017 they opened up the redemptions for festive season periodically, but not when I wanted to book them. I tried to book during Xmas week but had to compromise and book week of Dec 10. For 2019, I was able to book for Xmas week a few months early.

Personally, I would say book the flights. Worst case you can book at the Premier Residences next door. Also there is TONS of construction in the area. Two new resorts being built in the "Emerald Bay" area, which will likely be open next year. Also Sun World is building a Venice-themed resort (without the canals for some reason) which is right next the cable cars and about 10 mins away by car. Phu Quoc is quite nice so even going to a less aspirational resort would be a lot of fun.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 4:01 pm

It might be hit or miss. In 2017 they opened up the redemptions for festive season periodically, but not when I wanted to book them. I tried to book during Xmas week but had to compromise and book week of Dec 10. For 2019, I was able to book for Xmas week a few months early.

Personally, I would say book the flights. Worst case you can book at the Premier Residences next door. Also there is TONS of construction in the area. Two new resorts being built in the "Emerald Bay" area, which will likely be open next year. Also Sun World is building a Venice-themed resort (without the canals for some reason) which is right next the cable cars and about 10 mins away by car. Phu Quoc is quite nice so even going to a less aspirational resort would be a lot of fun.
Thanks. This is a really useful data point

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.