Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa, Vietnam [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2017, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: soy
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email address:
[email protected]
Reservations: [email protected]

> Plat Welcome amenity is 1k pts or Breakfast for Elite+1
——————————-
Previously posted and someone deleted it - It is the policy of this prop to try and upgrade P/Gs and even Ss on their first stay. If for some reason the property cannot upgrade the P/G/S member on their first stay they will be given upgrade priority on their next stay.
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa, Vietnam [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2017, 4:12 pm
soy

Programs: various
Is there any nearby restaurants or beach shacks nearby, or are you a resort captive at this property?
Also any shops nearby for grabbing snacks, beers?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:28 am

Maybe I didn't notice this before, but I was messing around with reservations trying to figure out if I had to pay extra for my nine year old sharing a room with two adults.

The cash rates have a $50 per night resort fee.
Edit: Disregard this part. It's a 'resort credit', not 'fee'. My apologies if I alarmed anyone.

Has anyone stayed with children yet that can comment on a third person surcharge?

Last edited by NotJustDreaming; Feb 21, 2017 at 8:42 am
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:35 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Is there an email address for the concierge? Have an upcoming trip and wanna try to iron out a few details ahead of time.

REVISED: Found an email on their Facebook page. It is [email protected]

Concierge email is [email protected][/email]
vg247 likes this.

Last edited by mh3265a; Mar 18, 2017 at 9:52 pm
Old Mar 7, 2017, 2:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Press release on the opening today:

http://news.marriott.com/2017/03/10834/

Cheers.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 2:25 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Delta Diamond
Odd just tried to book a 5 day trip in December and not seeing any availability after the middle of December all the way to February. Never encountered that before.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Covie99
Odd just tried to book a 5 day trip in December and not seeing any availability after the middle of December all the way to February. Never encountered that before.
They probably haven't loaded inventory yet. Have seen it happen at other properties. Keep checking back.

Cheers.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
AMAZING property

Simply put, the resort is stunning. I'm in the middle of a 7 night stay. The design and attention to detail is out of this world. Nearly every activity (including kids club) apart from the spa is free. Free bfast for Gold and Plat. The nearby town is very small, so unless you want to drive 30 min to the main town on the island, there's not much outside the resort. It's still under construction, but not all that bothersome. The biggest design flaw is the black marble used around the pools and walkways -- it gets incredibly hot, so must have footwear nearly everywhere, including around the pool.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 6:09 pm

Yea, I'm seeing the same thing. Hurry up and load it!
Old Mar 22, 2017, 3:40 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by icebox425
Yea, I'm seeing the same thing. Hurry up and load it!

Good to see I'm not the only one. The rest of the trip is planned, it's just this one little piece that still needs to fall in place.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Delta Amex Plat,

Good to see I'm not the only one. The rest of the trip is planned, it's just this one little piece that still needs to fall in place.
I'm in the same boat. I have to imagine they will be loading the inventory soon as it's less than 9 months away.

I sent an email and got a response but it was simply we will let you know once our availability has opened.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 9:46 am
Suspended

I know the concept is the college, but what's the point for a luxury hotel to keep a school running track in the middle of the resort? Looks weird to me.

BTW, is the lower single floor building also part of the hotel? Is there any wall surrounded the resort area? Or anybody can come in and out of the hotel area?
Old Mar 23, 2017, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Vince Chan
I know the concept is the college, but what's the point for a luxury hotel to keep a school running track in the middle of the resort? Looks weird to me.

BTW, is the lower single floor building also part of the hotel? Is there any wall surrounded the resort area? Or anybody can come in and out of the hotel area?
Are you actually planning on staying at the property, or is this another let's define luxury (by someone who admits to being a Days Inn guy - aka, your post in the SPG forum)?

Cheers.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 9:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Are you actually planning on staying at the property, or is this another let's define luxury (by someone who admits to being a Days Inn guy - aka, your post in the SPG forum)?

Cheers.

I have a reservation with JW Hanoi in April, so I believe I have every reason to post any question or even it is just out of curiosity.

BTW , I do enjoy staying at Days inn sometimes, do you have any problem with that? If you see me in executive lounge, can you please tell some of the great Marriott members at this forum to kick me out, please? JW hanoi probably would not involve such stupid things, but I'm sure they would follow what you guys want. Since I believe you must be a very prestigious member so you can interfere what others want to ask.

Oh, so if this is another thread about luxury hotel, what are you going to do?What can you do, officer?

If you don't like it , don't reply, it's that simple.

This is me being nice,I explained this one last time:I work around here, it's very possible for me to check in to this new JW in the near future. But I am a weird days inn guy, so I like to study some minor details among different hotels and statistics before I go. Even if I don't have any plan to visit Atlanta, LA, Hong Kong, Orlando in the near future, I would still do , it's one of my thing and I can know their real position and targeting market, instead of just listening to the official slogan" This is a luxurious hotel". Every upscale brand even Sheraton claimed themselves as Luxury.

Last edited by Vince Chan; Mar 24, 2017 at 9:46 am
Old Mar 24, 2017, 10:13 am
Original Poster

My question was a legit one. You've started a # of threads re: "luxury" brands & involving other hotel chains such as Four Seasons or things like Michelin, etc, but posted in the SPG forum you're a Days Inn kind of guy.

Some of your posts don't make sense at all or your questions would be better directed to FS/M. In the thread (that got closed down in the SPG forum), you said you primarily stay at Days Inn, but also that you liked to 'argue' (which makes some of us think that's basically the reason you do the posts).

I'm actually equal opportunity when it comes to the exec lounges - if you have elite status or you pay for it, then you're entitled to access.

If you are actually staying at this property, enjoy your stay!

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Mar 24, 2017 at 6:38 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.