Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa, Vietnam [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2017, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: soy
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email address:
[email protected]
Reservations: [email protected]

> Plat Welcome amenity is 1k pts or Breakfast for Elite+1
——————————-
Previously posted and someone deleted it - It is the policy of this prop to try and upgrade P/Gs and even Ss on their first stay. If for some reason the property cannot upgrade the P/G/S member on their first stay they will be given upgrade priority on their next stay.
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa, Vietnam [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2018, 4:52 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
1. No suite upgrade as a Platinum as the hotel was pretty much sold out over the weekend (possibly due to a wedding on Saturday night). There seems to be a lot of availability right now but after making a request, they told me nothing is available and instead will put me on a waiting list.
Sorry that you did not get to experience the very nice suites.

2. The breakfast spread is great! I really enjoyed the spread at the IC Danang but this place has more variety and is still good quality.
I thought the quality of the breakfast was much better than the one at the IC Danang, at the Club or the restaurant next door. The best option. IMO, at the IC Danang was the restaurant at the beach.

4. Room service is pretty good. I wish there was an additional F&B outlet (not fine dining/bakery) when the seafood buffet is happening at Tempus Fugit. With Red Rum being whatever, it would be nice to have an extra restaurant to choose from other than room service.
I felt that the choice on the room service menu was too limited, especially if you place an order several nights in a row, which I think is a must if you stay in a Turquoise suite with its large balcony.

7. I thought the service at the Front Desk and Bell Desk was lacking as the check-in process wasn't great and there was no bellmen to welcome us/assist with bags. For some reason, I have the worst luck with bellmen...
We had absolutely no problem with either one. Additionally, the FOM and his assistant were very helpful to us.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by nikkoap92
Anyone experienced bad food from the hotel, please post them on Tripadvisor. This is the best way helping this beautiful hotel to improve its F&B. I couldn't do it because I do meet the managers occasionally and I don't want to upset them. The resort is beautiful but I feel the F&B takes every down, except for the breakfast which is at acceptable quality.
I often meet the GMs, HMs and other managers and also struggle about the reports, but I believe that it is better to give some feedback directly, in a respectful and objective manner, than asking others to do it.

I also thought that the breakfast was way more than at an acceptable level. I truly liked it.

We went once at the same restaurant for lunch and asked for a 'custom-made' salad. They were very accommodating and made them exactly as requested. We also had several room service dinners which were very decent - unfortunately, I think that the choice offered on the menu was too limited.
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 10:12 am

Does anyone have an email contact for this hotel? I’m staying in March and would like to make contact ahead of time. Thanks for any help!
Old Feb 4, 2018, 5:48 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by UASPG
Sorry that you did not get to experience the very nice suites.

I thought the quality of the breakfast was much better than the one at the IC Danang, at the Club or the restaurant next door. The best option. IMO, at the IC Danang was the restaurant at the beach.

I felt that the choice on the room service menu was too limited, especially if you place an order several nights in a row, which I think is a must if you stay in a Turquoise suite with its large balcony.

We had absolutely no problem with either one. Additionally, the FOM and his assistant were very helpful to us.
Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed about the suites situation but oh well.

Agreed about the room service menu. Almost everything on the menu is available at Tempus Fugit, minus the burger and club sandwich.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:43 pm

We stayed here 5 nights and liked it a lot. We stayed in a Turquoise suite and it was huge and happy. We had the breakfasts and dinners here with one night at the Night Market in Duong Dong for dinner. Everyone is really trying to make it a good experience and we did the aquafitness, paddleboard yoga, zumba, and lantern making classes. The pastry making was a disappointment since they were making creme brulee and not pastry so we didn't do that class. We went on John's snorkel trip and saw some amazing coral, sea anemones, and fish. I'm glad we went now before all the rest of the hotels are built and the little islands are overwhelmed. It was a bit sad to see all the garbage on the shore but that's a global issue and not the hotel's fault but still it was hard to see. I'm glad we visited now before it gets super busy.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 12:14 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Moving to a Category 6 now...
Old Feb 14, 2018, 1:36 am

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
In 2014 I rented a motorbike for 5 days. Not a lot of roads to begin with on this island. Many were just dirt. Some barely passable. Here is what the bike looked like not long after I got it.

Here is a video of a ride...excuse the language! I used Sygic for navigation and had a fair bit of trouble finding my way around.
Lost in Phu Quoc - YouTube
Thanks for the video!
Old Feb 14, 2018, 2:04 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
FWIW I believe the road in front of the hotel was a dirt road until the hotel (?and others) paid to have it paved and lights installed.

Last edited by estnet; Feb 20, 2018 at 8:40 pm
Old Feb 20, 2018, 4:26 am

I haven't been to Vietnam yet.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by nikkoap92
Anyone experienced bad food from the hotel, please post them on Tripadvisor. This is the best way helping this beautiful hotel to improve its F&B. I couldn't do it because I do meet the managers occasionally and I don't want to upset them. The resort is beautiful but I feel the F&B takes every down, except for the breakfast which is at acceptable quality.

I'm one of the first guests there and I already stayed a couple of times, but the food couldn't be better. Last year I had my birthday party there and the bill was over $2000 but they were all awful, BBQ meats were raw, fish was tasteless, etc, but i couldn't leave negative feedback to them because I see they were all too passion for their jobs and they all tried pretty hard for my stay already.
I think that is the wrong way to deal with a complaint. Being passive aggressive, saying nothing to management’s face, and then writing a negative public review does not help anything.

The best thing to do would be to let management know on the spot. If they really are hospitality professionals, they would have made it right. They could have provided service recovery and taken steps to solve the problem if you had told them. They aren’t mind readers, and they are more likely to make things right by you if you do NOT take the approach of writing a negative public review.
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

I think that is the wrong way to deal with a complaint. Being passive aggressive, saying nothing to management’s face, and then writing a negative public review does not help anything.

The best thing to do would be to let management know on the spot. If they really are hospitality professionals, they would have made it right. They could have provided service recovery and taken steps to solve the problem if you had told them. They aren’t mind readers, and they are more likely to make things right by you if you do NOT take the approach of writing a negative public review.
management or marriott in general did not solicit any feedback from any of us at any point including checkout or after the stay despite our multiple rooms as plats..
The only thing that can help imo is some competition - decent local places opening up or other hotel restaurants nearby - orherwise there is no incentive to improve as most guests are resort trapped there with no alternatives...
Old Feb 23, 2018, 3:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by AnthonyJenkins
I haven't been to Vietnam yet.
I just went obviously, was my first time. I enjoyed seeing the place, had some good food. I wouldn't say I fell in love with the country though and I don't necessarily see myself going back. Feel like once was good enough.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SingaporeJunkie
I just went obviously, was my first time. I enjoyed seeing the place, had some good food. I wouldn't say I fell in love with the country though and I don't necessarily see myself going back. Feel like once was good enough.
Phu quoc is not representative of vietnam. Even from food prospective it is probably more like cambodia which may explain why vietnamese dishes at the hotel are awful.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by azepine00
Phu quoc is not representative of vietnam. Even from food prospective it is probably more like cambodia which may explain why vietnamese dishes at the hotel are awful.
I did Hanoi, Sapa, Hue, Hoi An, Saigon, and Mekong Delta. Plus Phu Quoc obviously.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 5:28 am

Does anyone know if the Pink Pearl restaurant finally opened? And what is the current status of Plat benefits offered at the hotel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.