Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Maldives Miriandhoo Resort [Master Thread]

The Westin Maldives Miriandhoo Resort [Master Thread]

Old Mar 2, 2019, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by grassyknoll

looking forward to a report! Also:
  • what activities are complimentary (snorkeling, kayaks, etc)?
  • any updates to pricing from what has been reported
  • any comments on health of house reef
thanks!
Kayaks and snorkel gear are complimentary (I think the kayak is 1hr per day, maybe 2). Paddle boards are not complimentary.

I'm not a snorkeler but the marine life seems to be quite abundant just outside of our OWV. We have seen LOADS of fish, 4 or 5 turtles, 2 reef sharks and were even fortunate enough to spot some dolphins off in the distance one evening. I can't comment on the quality of the snorkelling compared to St. Regis or W, but just looking off of the deck I would say I have seen more marine life here than I had both times at the StR (though, it's not really what I am looking for to to it with a grain of salt).
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: AA/OW
Originally Posted by tylerc
Kayaks and snorkel gear are complimentary (I think the kayak is 1hr per day, maybe 2). Paddle boards are not complimentary.

I'm not a snorkeler but the marine life seems to be quite abundant just outside of our OWV. We have seen LOADS of fish, 4 or 5 turtles, 2 reef sharks and were even fortunate enough to spot some dolphins off in the distance one evening. I can't comment on the quality of the snorkelling compared to St. Regis or W, but just looking off of the deck I would say I have seen more marine life here than I had both times at the StR (though, it's not really what I am looking for to to it with a grain of salt).
Thanks for the update! Very helpful.

I look forward to continued updates on water quality, especially from guests who dive/snorkel.

Many thanks
Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:12 am

Programs: Marriott LTP
Category 8?

Is this property moving to Category 8 tomorrow?

Or staying at Category 7?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by smokie
Is this property moving to Category 8 tomorrow?

Or staying at Category 7?
That's a great question...it's not listed on the list of Marriott properties changing categories tomorrow, and was not on the original list of Category 8 hotels...

I think it's possible it stays a category 7, leaving Sheraton at category 6, Westin category 7, and StR and W at category 8.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by tylerc
That's a great question...it's not listed on the list of Marriott properties changing categories tomorrow, and was not on the original list of Category 8 hotels...

I think it's possible it stays a category 7, leaving Sheraton at category 6, Westin category 7, and StR and W at category 8.

Looks like not being on the category change list wasn't an oversight. It remains a category 7, at least until the next round of changes. Space will be VERY hard to come by here now...at 60k it offers great value.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:01 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Not sure if this has been posted before, but I scrolled a few pages and don't see it. So this might be worth sharing..
There seems to be a new year round promotion going on for Dining in Asia Pacific.
20% off for Plat, Titanium and Ambassador Elites, and 10x points per every USD spent at Restaurants for properties participating.
This perk is pretty much useless if you are in a city hotel in Asia, food is abundance everywhere, but for secluded resort like the Maldives, these extra savings might help reduce cost and expenses on food a little.

Link for details:
https://marriottbonvoyasia.com/R+B

I clicked on the list of participating restaurants, the Sheraton, Westin and W are all participating in the Maldives.
14 RESTAURANT(S) & BAR(S) FOUND IN MALDIVES

Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & SpaThe Westin Maldives Miriandhoo ResortW Retreat & Spa - Maldives Fesdu Island

Terms and Conditions – Member exclusive dining privilege in Asia Pacific
  • Year-round savings of up to 20% and points on the eligible food and beverage charges (the “Offer”) is applicable to all Marriott Bonvoy™ Members with or without a stay in a guest room. Membership is free. To become a Marriott Bonvoy Member, visit http://www.joinmarriottbonvoy.com/apbenefitsw/s/EN-GB
  • The Offer is valid in restaurants located within or adjacent to properties participating in Marriott Bonvoy which include The Ritz-Carlton®, St. Regis®, EDITION®, The Luxury Collection®, W® Hotels, JW Marriott®, Marriott Hotels®, Sheraton®, Delta HotelsTM, Le Méridien®, Westin®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, Tribute PortfolioTM, Courtyard by Marriott®, Four Points®, Fairfield by Marriott® and Aloft® across Asia Pacific. Visit marriottbonvoyasia.com for full list of participating restaurants.
  • Participating restaurants may change participation at any time, with or without notice.
DISCOUNT
  • Members and Silver Elite receive 10% discount; Gold Elite receive 15% discount; Platinum Elite, Titanium Elite and Ambassador Elite receive 20% discount on food and beverages at participating hotel restaurants and bars. Discount is applied to qualifying dining spending over $10 U.S. dollar.
  • Discount is not applicable to breakfast. Breakfast may be defined differently by venue. Please contact the restaurant directly for any questions on how breakfast is defined.
  • Discount excludes applicable corkage fee, cake cutting fee, service charges, taxes and gratuities (and alcoholic beverage where prohibited by law). Service charges and taxes will be charged on retail prices.
  • Discount is not applicable for seasonal menu, festive products (e.g. Mooncake, Christmas Hampers), takeaway, deliveries, minibar, in-room dining, private dining room, contracted groups and events and outdoor catering bookings held in catering venues or any booking in restaurant which is more than 10 pax. Only one Membership card may be used per party/table per group.
  • Discount must be requested in the restaurant at the time of settling the bill, even if applying charges to one's room; cannot be applied at the front desk.
  • Blackout dates will be at the discretion of the restaurant management (e.g. Chinese New Year, Christmas Eve)
POINTS EARNING FOR MEMBERS WITHOUT A STAY IN A GUEST ROOM
  • Points on the eligible food and beverage charges are awarded to Members who have not booked to stay at the hotel where the restaurant resides during the same date and is applicable in conjunction with the Member dining discounts, Points are awarded on eligible dollars spent after the discount has been applied.
  • Members earn 10 points for every U.S. dollar according to their discounted food and beverage bill
  • Minimum spend of $10 U.S. dollar (after discount) to qualify for earning. Corkage fee, cake cutting fee, taxes, gratuities, service charges (and alcoholic beverage where prohibited by law) are not included in either the minimum, nor the earn calculation.
  • Elite bonus Points will not be awarded on charges incurred by Members without a stay in a guest room.
  • Miles will not be awarded on charges incurred by Members without a stay in a guest room. Members who are currently earning miles can change their earning preference by updating their Membership profile or by contacting Member Support prior to the visit.
  • Not applicable for festive products (e.g. Mooncake, Christmas Hampers), takeaway, deliveries, contracted groups and events, and outdoor catering bookings held in catering venues.
  • It may take up to 7 business days after each patronage for point to be posted. If after 7 business days, Members do not see the points in their accounts, please contact Member Support.
POINTS EARNING FOR MEMBERS WITH A STAY IN A GUEST ROOM
  • Points, including Elite Bonus Points, or miles will be awarded to Members with a stay in a guest room and bill their food and beverage charges to their room. Points are awarded on eligible dollars spent after the discount has been applied.
  • For details, visit https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi.
GENERAL
  • Prior reservations at participating restaurants are encouraged but not compulsory.
  • Members can only enjoy the discount and earn points by paying the bill in person. Membership cards must be presented physically or on their Marriott Bonvoy Mobile App upon bill settlement. Valid payment methods include cash settlement, credit card or debit card on which their names should match with the registered Membership records. In-room settlement is also accepted for Members with a stay in a guest room.
    · Discount and points will not be awarded for the value settled by voucher; not applicable in conjunction with additional restaurant or hotel specific promotions including Club Marriott or credit card offers.
  • Any queries on discount calculation and points earning must be raised immediately upon bill settlement at the restaurant. No amendment will be made thereafter.
  • Offer is non-exchangeable, non-cashable and non-transferrable.
  • All Marriott Bonvoy terms and conditions apply. Visit www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for complete details.
  • In case of dispute, hotel reserves the right to make the final decision as permitted under the applicable laws.
Tip off the hat to coworkaholic blog.
https://www.coworkaholic.com/deal-up-to-20-off-dining-10-bonus-points-with-marriott-bonvoy/?utm_source=BoardingArea&utm_medium=BoardingArea
He did mentioned you need to settle the discounts and 10x promo points when paying the bill at the restaurant even if you are charging to your room.
Front desk or corporate won't entertain retro crediting or posting the discounts/promo points for you. Participation by hotels can be removed at any time, so it could be worth calling in the property to verify before arriving.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, UA Silver
Here now.. quick recap, more in depth later.
The menu and prices posted above are exact same for food.
Kayaks, life jackets and snorkel gear are complimentary. SUPs $45/hr, wakeboarding $95 for 30 min lesson, $80 for 20 mins. Scuba try for first time $200, one dive $100.

The gym is very nice. Free yoga classes at sunrise and sunset as well as other classes.

The service is incredible. It feels like occupancy can’t be higher than 50% right now I almost feel bad for the staff they certainly outnumber the guests.

Stayed at both OVW and Beach Villas. The rooms are gorgeous. I’m here on award stay and cash upgrade price was $350/night.

Island Kitchen food is OK to pretty good. We did The Pearl once, will go again today. I thought food was pretty good. Teppanyaki was about $40-80 depending on shrimp, lobster, wagyu, etc. sushi rolls were between $20-30.

The coral has has a bunch of bleaching but we have seen a ton of different fish. Saw a turtle from our OVW but not snorkeling yet but other guests have. Have seen pods of dolphins twice so far so the marine life here is pretty damn good.

Island and Property is gorgeous. You won’t be disappointed
Subman, MrM2016 and maxw97 like this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 6:02 am

Orange press

I’m really curious about the orange press they have in the rooms. Can anybody take and share a picture of it? Thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by MikeWeiss
Here now.. quick recap, more in depth later.
The menu and prices posted above are exact same for food.
Kayaks, life jackets and snorkel gear are complimentary. SUPs $45/hr, wakeboarding $95 for 30 min lesson, $80 for 20 mins. Scuba try for first time $200, one dive $100.

The gym is very nice. Free yoga classes at sunrise and sunset as well as other classes.

The service is incredible. It feels like occupancy can’t be higher than 50% right now I almost feel bad for the staff they certainly outnumber the guests.

Stayed at both OVW and Beach Villas. The rooms are gorgeous. I’m here on award stay and cash upgrade price was $350/night.

Island Kitchen food is OK to pretty good. We did The Pearl once, will go again today. I thought food was pretty good. Teppanyaki was about $40-80 depending on shrimp, lobster, wagyu, etc. sushi rolls were between $20-30.

The coral has has a bunch of bleaching but we have seen a ton of different fish. Saw a turtle from our OVW but not snorkeling yet but other guests have. Have seen pods of dolphins twice so far so the marine life here is pretty damn good.

Island and Property is gorgeous. You won’t be disappointed
Thanks for the feedback. What's the breakfast situation like for those of us non-plats out there?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:05 am

Meal Plan

Has anybody tried their meal plans? The reservation agent mentioned it and I think it could be a great deal, considering it's $42 for a burger per the menu above. The prices are $100 for half board (breakfast+dinner) and $160 for full board (all three meals). It says "only one dinner at Pearl" and "select soft beverages only", but I think it's still a great deal, almost too good to be true. For example, what if I order the $95 steak every dinner, plus appetizer and such?

What has been your experience?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by maxw97
Has anybody tried their meal plans? The reservation agent mentioned it and I think it could be a great deal, considering it's $42 for a burger per the menu above. The prices are $100 for half board (breakfast+dinner) and $160 for full board (all three meals). It says "only one dinner at Pearl" and "select soft beverages only", but I think it's still a great deal, almost too good to be true. For example, what if I order the $95 steak every dinner, plus appetizer and such?

What has been your experience?

It does sound too good to be true. Almost definitely an uncharge for certain items.

There was no mention of a meal plan when I was there a few weeks ago.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:30 am

duplicate post...
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
What's the breakfast situation for P/T/A? Please post & I'll update the exec lounge sticky. Thx!

Cheers.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:03 pm

Programs: MR rewards
Planing to visit The westin with wife next month on cash price 3٫114.9 USD for 3 nights, I'm Platinum ambassador elite..

Have some questions ..

1- Why i can't use my suite nights award ? 4 nights remaining and my booking 11 to 14 or 25 to 28 of April so plenty of time ?

2- I really hate to be in empty quite resorts, love to see the place active specially when doing sea activities or night music life, how much % approximately should we expect ?

3- Flaying from Dubai have many options can some one please give me the best time to not wait for sea plane too long 1-2 hours is ok not more, my options are 7:40 AM or 9:30 AM or 3:00 PM to arrive in Maldives ?

4- Best room type in your opinion or if you got a spisific room number ?

Note: This well be our 3rd visit to Maldives first time to use sea plane, 1st time stayed at sheraton full moon 2nd time Jumeirah Vittaveli.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by weld3z
Planing to visit The westin with wife next month on cash price 3٫114.9 USD for 3 nights, I'm Platinum ambassador elite..

Have some questions ..

1- Why i can't use my suite nights award ? 4 nights remaining and my booking 11 to 14 or 25 to 28 of April so plenty of time ?

2- I really hate to be in empty quite resorts, love to see the place active specially when doing sea activities or night music life, how much % approximately should we expect ?

3- Flaying from Dubai have many options can some one please give me the best time to not wait for sea plane too long 1-2 hours is ok not more, my options are 7:40 AM or 9:30 AM or 3:00 PM to arrive in Maldives ?

4- Best room type in your opinion or if you got a spisific room number ?

Note: This well be our 3rd visit to Maldives first time to use sea plane, 1st time stayed at sheraton full moon 2nd time Jumeirah Vittaveli.
Answer to your question 1: SNA cannot be used at all-suites properties, which this Westin is.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.