Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Maldives Miriandhoo Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Westin Maldives Miriandhoo Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2022, 9:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by TulsaTraveller
They contacted us about two weeks before our reservation date to get our arriving and departing flights and set everything up after that. They don't provide a schedule for the seaplane as it's rather fluid and they take care of it all, including meeting you at the airport after you leave customs and getting you to the seaplane. On the way back they do the same, though didn't know the exact time of the seaplane until after 8PM the night before we left which is normal since they have to work out the best schedule possible with the seaplane company.
Good info, thanks! We arrive from Colombo at 8:15a and depart for Abu Dhabi at 7:30p so we should be fairly flexible with our timing.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 11:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
One week from today we'll be off to the Maldives! Looking forward to checking out this property!
KE81 likes this.
Old May 28, 2022, 10:42 pm

Does anybody have advice for guaranteeing an upgrade to an overwater villa (with or without pool)? Booked a beach villa on points for 4 nights in mid-August and was under the impression that I could guarantee an upgrade to an OWV for their quoted upgrade rate via email ($200). However, they are now telling me that upgrades are dependent on availability at check-in, not now. If this is the case (that we might not be able to stay in an OWV) I might switch our reservation to Le Meridien Maldives, where it seems like I'd have a much better shot at guaranteeing an OWV (really the whole reason why my partner and I are going to the Maldives). Does anyone have advice/thoughts on this? Thanks!
Old May 29, 2022, 12:27 pm

If you want it, book it. The hotel was completely full during our trip there at the beginning of the month.

Totally worth it though

Westin Maldives Miriandhoo resort: Overwater Villa
Old May 29, 2022, 2:02 pm

The trouble is that we want to use our 4 x 50k FNCs that expire later this year, and they only can be used to book the base room (beach villa)... Would you expect the hotel to be less full in August since it is low season for the Maldives?
Old May 29, 2022, 4:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by PrinceGeorge47
The trouble is that we want to use our 4 x 50k FNCs that expire later this year, and they only can be used to book the base room (beach villa)... Would you expect the hotel to be less full in August since it is low season for the Maldives?
Are they telling you that they can't accept payment now to guarantee a cash upgrade? Are the upgrades they are referring to that are based on availability at check in, for $$ or complimentary?
Old May 29, 2022, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by friedablass
Are they telling you that they can't accept payment now to guarantee a cash upgrade?
Yes exactly – we are offering to pay the $200/night for 4 nights for a guaranteed upgrade to an OWV, and they are saying we cannot do this until check-in, pending availability then. This is what they said via email: "we do have Overwater Villa without a pool available and we have already put the upgrade request. However; we are afraid we cannot guarantee the upgrade now. Room upgrades are always based on availability on the day of arrival."

Originally Posted by friedablass
Are the upgrades they are referring to that are based on availability at check in, for $$ or complimentary?
They are for $$ and are based on availability at check-in.
Old May 29, 2022, 4:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by PrinceGeorge47
Yes exactly – we are offering to pay the $200/night for 4 nights for a guaranteed upgrade to an OWV, and they are saying we cannot do this until check-in, pending availability then. This is what they said via email: "we do have Overwater Villa without a pool available and we have already put the upgrade request. However; we are afraid we cannot guarantee the upgrade now. Room upgrades are always based on availability on the day of arrival."

They are for $$ and are based on availability at check-in.
I haven't stayed at the Westin, but at other resorts we were always offered in advance a price list for cash upgrades and were told that this was the only way to guarantee an upgrade in advance for points bookings (they also said that once it was paid for it was not refundable). My assumption was that upgrades that were based on availability at check in were complimentary for elite members- not sure if or what status you do have.

Perhaps if you haven't already tried, ask them for their upgrade pricing to guarantee an upgrade in advance for your dates?

For example, I had written to one resort "Can you please be so kind and provide me with pricing for guaranteed advance upgrades to your OWVs with or without pool for xxx dates? We would really prefer to lock in an upgrade in advance and not leave it for check in time thus avoiding any disappointments for this very special trip."
Old Jul 22, 2022, 5:24 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me what Platinum Elite benefits are at the Westin? I see there is no lounge but curious to know if breakfast is a benefit / can be selected as a benefit.

Thanks!

Also, if any recent stay experiences, please share

Last edited by Steve_19; Jul 22, 2022 at 6:23 am
Old Jul 22, 2022, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Steve_19
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me what Platinum Elite benefits are at the Westin? I see there is no lounge but curious to know if breakfast is a benefit / can be selected as a benefit.

Thanks!

Also, if any recent stay experiences, please share
Breakfast is a benefit as a Platinum. It's a massive spread of food and even includes complimentary mimosas.

I have a writeup from my recent trip linked below.
Westin Maldives Miriandhoo Resort: Property Overview
Old Jul 23, 2022, 1:46 am

Thank you! I will check out your review!
Old Jul 23, 2022, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by wakesetter93
Breakfast is a benefit as a Platinum. It's a massive spread of food and even includes complimentary mimosas.

I have a writeup from my recent trip linked below.
Westin Maldives Miriandhoo Resort: Property Overview
Thank you! I will check out your review!
wakesetter93 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 2:32 pm

How is the reef at this property? I'm sure it's not as good as W but how does it compare to St Regis & JW Maldives?
Old Aug 21, 2022, 10:24 am

Is it possible to book a rate with breakfast and pay to upgrade to either full board or all inclusive at check-in? If yes, do you know how much for a single? I'm thinking of booking on booking.com because of the Aadvantage miles awards, and their full board works out to over $300/day extra! Argh! And any thoughts about it's worth booking via booking.com for 44k Aadvantage base miles? The price (not all inclusive, just the base price) is comparable to booking through the Marriott app, but those miles could take me to platinum pro or beyond....
Old Aug 30, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, United Premier Silver, National Executive Elite
Is there any way to view the most current menus online (with prices)? I'm Ambassador so I get free breakfast. Trying to decide between half board ($90/day for adults and $45 for kids) or full board ($140/day for adults, $70 for kids). Don't think we'd get our money's worth on Full Board Plus ($240/$120) since we're the type that might have one drink a day, maybe two plus we'll have our four-year-old daughter with us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.