Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Nanea Ocean Villas, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Old Nov 10, 16, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Just received an e-mail about the new Westin in Maui, with an offer for a 6 night stay:

**I should mention this place is opening in the summer of 2017**

Discover Nanea
Be one of the first to book a 6-day, 5-night stay at The Westin Nanea Ocean Villas in Maui for just $898.

ACT NOW TO RESERVE THIS SPECIAL $898 VACATION PACKAGE, WHICH INCLUDES:

6 Days and 5 Nights at The Westin Nanea Ocean Villas, a stunning oceanside retreat on award-winning North Kā‘anapali Beach
Your choice of 5,000 Starpoints® from the Starwood Preferred Guest® program OR a $75 Resort Certificate that can be used toward activities, dining or spa services at the resort
PLUS, a 6-Day Avis® Rental Car credit for sightseeing, adventure and travel around the island

Wondering if it's worth switching. I'm currently booked at the other Westin here for 2 nights, and the Wailea Beach Marriot for 4. So this would save me money, and travel.
Using the westin site, it looks like the average daily rate will be around 500-600 in peak summer times, so seems like a great deal?
But the cost would be trying out an as of yet unknown hotel.

Thoughts? Never booked a brand new hotel before it opened before.

Edit: also, any fees with this package i should be aware of? Doesn't mention any

Last edited by AJDem; Nov 10, 16 at 12:16 pm
Old Nov 10, 16, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Be aware that it's a new timeshare property, mirroring the Westin Ka'anapali and Ka'anapali North. So you'll get a timeshare pitch.

That said - these properties are much, much better than the Westin (or Sheraton) just down the road. And there's a shuttle between them, so you can still get to Black Rock to snorkel.

I've done 5 nights at Wailea/4 nights at Ka'anapali North, and stayed in Ka'anapali multiple times. Our family much prefers the Ka'anapali area. Nothing wrong with the Wailea, but we just find more to do between Lahaina and the north tip of the island. And getting upcountry - Makawao, Haleakala, etc - isn't even very different, as you still need to get to mid-island from Wailea.

In terms of quality/unknown - I have no doubt that Nanea will be a great property. We were at Ka'anapali North, next door, a month after it opened, and it was great.
Old Nov 10, 16, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Damn, I specifically checked the Details of Participation to see if there was a mention of a timeshare pitch, and was excited to see there wasn't any... kind of bummed now :/ On a side note, our previously booked stay was at the Westin Ka'anapali, did not know that was a timeshare property as well..

Might still pull the trigger... it cuts my expenditures on lodging by more than half...
Old Nov 10, 16, 3:32 pm

Programs: SPG LTP
Originally Posted by AJDem View Post
Damn, I specifically checked the Details of Participation to see if there was a mention of a timeshare pitch, and was excited to see there wasn't any... kind of bummed now :/ On a side note, our previously booked stay was at the Westin Ka'anapali, did not know that was a timeshare property as well..

Might still pull the trigger... it cuts my expenditures on lodging by more than half...
It's possible it's not required. Did a few of these years ago and the pitch wasn't always a requirement and there was an offer of points for attending after arrival.
Old Nov 10, 16, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
It may not be required. It's certainly a TS property, and a sales opportunity is certainly the intent, and they'll probably offer you other incentives when you're there, but binding/required attendance seems to have fallen off in recent years. Maybe they realized how off-putting it was.
Old Nov 10, 16, 11:06 pm
Suspended

My experience with those 5 day / 4 night deals with the Westin KORV is that attending the timeshare sales pitch is not required, but it is offered when you arrive, along with an offer of something between 5K and 9K SPG points to attend it.
Old Nov 11, 16, 8:39 am

We signed up a few days ago - i dont think there was timeshare pitch requirement.
Old Nov 11, 16, 2:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist
How do people get these invitations..
Old Nov 12, 16, 2:11 pm

How did you get this? Going to Maui in Jan and this sound perfect
Old Nov 12, 16, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by lakailb87 View Post
How did you get this? Going to Maui in Jan and this sound perfect
It shouldnt - the property has soft opening in may..
Old Dec 3, 16, 11:21 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
I got this offer in the mail today as well. I did the Kauai Princeville offer in the summer of 2015 and I never had to attend the TS seminar. I did sit down with the SPG rep who arranged my SPG point credit and she ask if I wanted to attend and I said "give me a few days to think about it." I never heard from her again. I am definitely doing this one as well.
Old Dec 4, 16, 10:15 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, Marriott PP, HH Diamond
Can someone post the phone number to call to redeem the offer? This offer may have been accidentally thrown out as junk mail.
Old Dec 4, 16, 10:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by AJDem View Post
Just received an e-mail about the new Westin in Maui, with an offer for a 6 night stay:

**I should mention this place is opening in the summer of 2017**

Discover Nanea
Be one of the first to book a 6-day, 5-night stay at The Westin Nanea Ocean Villas in Maui for just $898.

ACT NOW TO RESERVE THIS SPECIAL $898 VACATION PACKAGE, WHICH INCLUDES:

6 Days and 5 Nights at The Westin Nanea Ocean Villas, a stunning oceanside retreat on award-winning North Kā‘anapali Beach
Your choice of 5,000 Starpoints® from the Starwood Preferred Guest® program OR a $75 Resort Certificate that can be used toward activities, dining or spa services at the resort
PLUS, a 6-Day Avis® Rental Car credit for sightseeing, adventure and travel around the island
One thing is to dig down deep into the offer details is if 5K points or $75/night credit is all you're getting.

There was a thread recently where someone took an offer (also think in Hawaii) & he needed the night/stay credit to hit Plat & all he ended up w/ was flat 5K points & no n/s credit. It was in the small 'fine print', but the restrictions were there.

Don't know if that's the case w/ your offer, but again dig down into the T&Cs.

Cheers.
Old Dec 4, 16, 11:43 am

Proper 1 br on the beach for 5 days for a grand without garbage fees is a incredible deal as is even without points car stay credit etc..
Old Dec 4, 16, 1:45 pm

I got this offer in the mail last week and they actually have availability for the exact date I want in June 2017. So I think I will be purchasing the package on Monday. I already have a room booked at Westin Maui for June 2017 using 48K points (pre devaluation) for 5 nights. Seems like a good deal to spend $500-$600 net and save my 48K spg points. My big concern booking this package is will the hotel open on-time and will everything be running smoothly? although I don't have to cancel my Westin Maui booking until June if opening is delayed at this new resort.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: