Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Barcelona, Spain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Barcelona, Spain

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2016, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LT Plat
Need a hotel for 6 in BCN

Hi all,

Looking for some advice:

I'm traveling with my family in June and would like to stay for a couple nights on MR points in Barcelona. Problem is, we have 4 kids. In the US we usually get one room with two queens if it's a tight budget or two rooms, one King and one with two queens. For BCN, I'm thinking two rooms or a suite.

My youngest is 8 and he doesn't mind sleeping on cushions on the floor so I have a littl flexibility. Couch is good for the next oldest if need be.

Is there anything in the Marriott inventory that might work in BCN? I like the Cotton house and its location, but can't figure out if they have a room that might work for 4 kids.

I did see a suite at the cotton house, but it looks like it isn't available on points. Is this normal? Doesn't MR guarantee vacant rooms are available to book on points?

I am MR Plat if that helps.

Thanks,

Zeug
Old Jan 31, 2016, 4:28 pm

In BCN, there is the AC Victoria Suites hotel that can accommodate families. It may not be in your desired location, but the metro stop Maria Cristina is only 500m away.

If you still want the Cotton House, you can ask them what it would take to upgrade you to the suite. I have never heard one could book a suite with points (though it may be possible to be upgraded on arrival), unless of course, the hotel is an all-suite hotel.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 6:32 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Reality Check: The rooms at Cotton house BARELY accommodate 2. You'd be insane (certified) to try 6, even if they let you, which I am sure they won't.

They are good on email if you want to reach out to discuss.

Why not save your MR points for another trip and grab VRBO or something similar for this trip?
Old Jan 31, 2016, 7:16 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Two rooms. End of story.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
If you can get a hold of the GM, then there is a chance that you "may" get an upgrade. Done that in CY Basel and it was impossible until we got a hold of the GM - an upgrade = 2 x cheapest connecting rooms, great for us and it works a thousand times better than a suite, this way you get your sanity back in the evening and you won't worry about them because they are literally next door.

Booked 2 rooms and we never receive connecting rooms, when we book only 1, we always get one - annoying.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 2:21 pm

The Egyptian Cotton room has a sofa bed:
http://www.hotelcottonhouse.com/en/r...gyptian-cotton

However, at 30 sq. meters (about 323 sq. ft.), I wouldn't advise trying to squeeze six people in that room, even if the hotel lets you (which I doubt they would for a room that small!). I think two rooms are your best bet. According to the hotel's site, there are only 5 suite rooms total, so I wouldn't count on that unless you book them. My SO is a plat, and we stayed there a few nights in December on a paid stay and did not get upgraded to a suite.

I loved the location of the hotel though -- easy to walk to many spots in Barcelona. The breakfast is decent, especially if you like sweets (excellent selection of those). Omelets cooked to order were only 5€ each.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Thumbs up AC Victoria Suites great for families

We stayed at the AC Victoria Suites in April 2015 as a party of 6 (4 adults, 2 kids). At check-in I was able to swing an upgrade to a 2BD suite (1 king, 2 twins) from a 1 BD, so we didn't have to put anyone on the couch (2 adults went in the room next door), but we could have. The site says that a roll away is permitted, so between that and the couch, you might be set. Didn't mind the location at all - the Metro isn't far, and the trains were very efficient. The neighborhood is very nice. My only real complaint about the property is that the breakfast was ridiculous at more than EUR20/person, considering what you got with it. We ran down the street to Starbucks (yes, I know we're awful American tourists) and would bring up drinks / pastries / yogurt to the room. My wife still talks about sitting in the sun on the balcony, eating breakfast, and listening to the wild parrots in palm-tree lined walkway below.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UALinUT
We stayed at the AC Victoria Suites in April 2015 as a party of 6 (4 adults, 2 kids). At check-in I was able to swing an upgrade to a 2BD suite (1 king, 2 twins) from a 1 BD, so we didn't have to put anyone on the couch (2 adults went in the room next door), but we could have.
The max occupancy on that room is 4.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 9:46 am

Just a warning, don't be tempted to "sneak" the extra kids in

Several years ago there was a post on here I think (but it may have been on another travel board) from someone rather hysterical that when they "snuck" some extra kids into a Marriott in Euorpe they were caught and given the options of leaving (and forfeitting their free stay nights) or paying a HUGE amount to upgrade to a suite! They take the occupancy limits seriously there!
Old Feb 3, 2016, 9:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by UALinUT
We stayed at the AC Victoria Suites in April 2015 as a party of 6 (4 adults, 2 kids). At check-in I was able to swing an upgrade to a 2BD suite (1 king, 2 twins) from a 1 BD, so we didn't have to put anyone on the couch (2 adults went in the room next door), but we could have. The site says that a roll away is permitted, so between that and the couch, you might be set. Didn't mind the location at all - the Metro isn't far, and the trains were very efficient. The neighborhood is very nice. My only real complaint about the property is that the breakfast was ridiculous at more than EUR20/person, considering what you got with it. We ran down the street to Starbucks (yes, I know we're awful American tourists) and would bring up drinks / pastries / yogurt to the room. My wife still talks about sitting in the sun on the balcony, eating breakfast, and listening to the wild parrots in palm-tree lined walkway below.
Thanks for the real life report at the property. If the OP is going to go w/ a BCN property sounds like this might be his best choice.

Cheers.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Barcelona

Anyone have Marriott family recommendations?
Old Nov 1, 2016, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
Yes, there are lots of great recommendations here. We had a good stay at the Cotton House earlier this year; you can find other recommendations by searching "Barcelona".
Old Nov 1, 2016, 10:11 pm

I'd recommend doing a search with "Barcelona" as your search term. There are property specific threads re: the Marriott properties. If you've got questions after you've read the threads, then post away & folk will be able to answer your specific questions.

Cheers.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Thanks, I did a search and was surprised to get no hits. Must have had a typo.

Sorry...
Old Nov 2, 2016, 10:26 am

Thanks, I did a search and was surprised to get no hits. Must have had a typo.

Sorry...
No worries. Sometimes FT sucks, although I'm surprised that nothing cropped up as there are a few property threads with Barcelona in the title.

Sometimes what I do is go to google & type in what I need (example for you): "Barcelona+Marriott+Flyertalk" and the threads will pop up that way. Good luck!

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.