Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Barcelona, Spain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Barcelona, Spain

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2019, 6:49 am

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
As for what could be driving the demand 11/4-5: one of the recent weekends I stayed at this property, there was an extremely large cruise ship tour group also staying there. Could be something as simple as that.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by acrophobia
As for what could be driving the demand 11/4-5: one of the recent weekends I stayed at this property, there was an extremely large cruise ship tour group also staying there. Could be something as simple as that.
Could be do to a cruise ship. My stay is pre-cruise, but booking on my own. With all the non members, maybe my SNA’s will clear.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by rstidolph
I have a reservation for LM for November 3 to 6. Looking at senior rates of 344 euros a night. Anything going on that would make it that expensive. Hate to use 50,000 points per night.
Originally Posted by acrophobia
rates in Barcelona do seem to be high during that. And it could definitely be a cruise ship group. Rates at the Cotton House for that same period are slightly lower. Personally, I prefer the Cotton House location although I haven't stayed at either property
Old Aug 4, 2019, 3:16 pm

Between the Le Merdian and the Cotton House (slightly more expensive) for 4 nights in October....only have 110k points at this point so probably paying for half the stay with cash...I'm assuming Cotton House is the way to go even though its slightly more expensive and CAT7?

Edition doesn't have points+cash options for the nights I'm looking...
Old Aug 4, 2019, 7:13 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Why not make your own points and cash option by doing 2 nights points and 2 nights cash?
margarita girl likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 8:06 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, IHGPlat, RadGold, Marriott Plat, BW Diamond
I have stayed at a few different hotels in Barcelona, including LeM, HotelArts(RC), Hotel Claris, & Ren Fira. I only used the latter as an airport hotel for a final night of my stay to keep costs down. It was perfectly fine for that purpose, but pretty far from the center of the city for touring around. I really enjoyed my stays at LeM, & it’s 10k pts cheaper per night than the Cotton House or the RitzC. While LeM is conveniently located along La Rambla, it’s entrance is on a quiet side street. I loved the elite breakfast buffet benefit each day & I got a few nice upgrades. LeM is about 2 blocks from Plaza Catalunya, adjacent to the gothic quarter, and walkable to the port and many of Barcelona’s sights. I highly recommend it. The RitzC was lovely, but only worth it if splurging on the club level IMO & it’s a little further from the center, though walkable if you enjoy walking a bit. I’m not sure if you’ve thought about the Four Points Diagonal, but someday I’m going to give that hotel a try. It’s much cheaper than the other city center hotels, and less luxurious, but it’s only 25k pts per night (& paid rates are relatively cheap) & I’ve heard some positive reviews. It doesn’t look much further from the center than the RitzC, and I’ve walked back & forth from there many times! Buen viaje!
lax01 likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Why not make your own points and cash option by doing 2 nights points and 2 nights cash?
That was the plan...points for the more expensive weekend nights (Fri/Sat) and cash for the cheaper nights...
Old Sep 2, 2019, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by rstidolph
I have a reservation for LM for November 3 to 6. Looking at senior rates of 344 euros a night. Anything going on that would make it that expensive. Hate to use 50,000 points per night.
Barcelona has VMWorld Europe going on from 4-7 Nov, which I think is the reason for those rates.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Looked to see if rates had gone down for my upcoming stay November 3 to 6 and the Le Meridian is now 765 euros a night and the Barcelona Edition is 2,557 euros a night.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 9:24 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

If Suite upgrade to best possible suite is a priority, what hotel would be my best chance for 3 nights? I am a life time Titanium and have SNAs to apply. This is for end of this month and looks like low season and all hotels have basic room for ~$200-250 and may be not a best use of points.
Prepay rates are even ~50 cheaper and tempting but only can book in one place as non refundable.
If the chances are not good with Marriott, I would like to go with Hyatt Sofia where I can use Hyatt globalist suite night too.
Hilton options do not look appealing.
Any recommendations?
Old Nov 15, 2019, 4:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I’d guess the Le Meridien for a suite upgrade...
Old Nov 16, 2019, 10:27 am

Le Meridien has a number of different size and shape junior suites. This past summer we used SNAs to upgrade. The suite was very claustrophobic. The living room had no windows and a large sofa, extremely large coffee table and only one lamp. We had to navigate through it to get to the bedroom. After complaining we were lucky enough to be upgraded to a Terrace suite with a huge outdoor space and larger rooms. The building is older and many rooms have odd shapes. Also some areas have been recently renovated. The new suite was on the same floor as the old suite, but we turned a different way out of the elevator and it was like entering a whole new world. Corridor was bright and airy, room updated. We were close to the Spa. The breakfast buffet was outstanding as was the location. Staff was helpful and very accommodating.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Has anyone actually stayed at the Edition? I plan on alternating between this hotel and Hotel Arts in March.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Adelphos
Has anyone actually stayed at the Edition? I plan on alternating between this hotel and Hotel Arts in March.
Both have their strengths. The Edition is more central, but questionable Marriott participation and rooms about 1/2 the size of Hotel Arts.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 2:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, AA EXP, UA Gold
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I’d guess the Le Meridien for a suite upgrade...
We had two stays in November. SNA were denied and upgrades were minimal, if they were given. I was surprised, given how empty the hotel seemed and what was for sale. Our rates were in the $180-200 range.

Location and breakfast are great. Spa is a great deal with titanium discount. Local gifts and sweet treats were a delightful perk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.