Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Ras Al Khaimah, Al Wadi Desert - United Arab Emirates [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz-Carlton Ras Al Khaimah, Al Wadi Desert - United Arab Emirates [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2016, 9:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

http://news.marriott.com/2016/10/ras...-ritz-carlton/

"The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company has signed a management agreement with RAK National Hotels (“RAKNH”), an owner of hotels and resorts in Ras Al Khaimah, a subsidiary of RAK Hospitality Holding (“RAKHH”), and Al Hamra Real Estate Development (“AHRED”), marking its entry into the emirate of Ras Al Khaimah.

The brand will manage The Ritz-Carlton Ras Al Khaimah, Al Hamra Beach and The Ritz-Carlton Ras Al Khaimah, Al Wadi Desert, growing the brand’s footprint in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to five by 2017.

The management agreement, which goes into effect on December 15th, will see the beach property close for comprehensive renovations, whilst the desert property will remain open and operate as a partner hotel – Al Wadi Desert, Ras Al Khaimah, a Ritz-Carlton Partner Hotel.

Both properties following the renovations are scheduled to be re-launched in 2017 under The Ritz-Carlton stewardship.

The renovations include total refurbishment of the Al Hamra beach property a 32 all-villa luxury resort, and upgrading the Al Wadi property, a 101 all-villa desert escape. The two new additions to The Ritz-Carlton portfolio are enclaves of bespoke Arabian-style villas that stretch along a private shore of white sand and the vast undulating expanse of the desert respectively.

Ras Al Khaimah, with its verdant landscape surrounded by the Al Hajar Mountains on one side and the Arabian Gulf on the other, is known for its natural beauty and relaxed pace of life. In contrast to Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Sharjah, the emirate is seen as an escape for local, regional and international visitors, seeking un-spoilt nature and unique experiences. Blessed with miles of pristine shoreline and a rugged backdrop, the emirate offers visitors a sense of solitude, respite and tranquility."
Old Jan 17, 2017, 11:06 am

Just booked a short stay at the Al Wadi desert resort. Looks pretty good, with a pool villa as the base room for only 40k.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 7:11 am

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Please, could you report back with a quick trip report? When are you going? Interested in pricing for food on awards as most rates include breakfast. Also, if you went now, interested to know how warm the pool is in the villas during "winter".
Old Jan 30, 2017, 11:29 am
Community Director Emerita

I also am interested. We had a fantastic stay at Al Maha, a Starwood property that sounds somewhat similar. It is normally 60K SPG points but has been discounted over the winter months the last two years to 39K. Mind you, Al Maha includes all meals and two activities a day. Still, a villa property for 13K SPG/40K Marriott seems a great bargain.

Two villas were offered for the same points;
  • Pool Villa
  • Enclosed Pool Villa

I'm curious as to the difference, and whether both offer a similar desert view. Also, Arrival Transfer is shown under transfers. Is it a paid transfer or complimentary?

I also wonder what the activity menu is along with prices.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K

Two villas were offered for the same points;
  • Pool Villa
  • Enclosed Pool Villa

I'm curious as to the difference, and whether both offer a similar desert view. Also, Arrival Transfer is shown under transfers. Is it a paid transfer or complimentary?

I also wonder what the activity menu is along with prices.

The only difference between the Pool Villa and the Enclosed Pool Villa is that the garden and pool is open to the desert vista in the former, but walled-off in the latter. The latter, I presume is for privacy, especially given it being a muslim country.

Activities included are Daily 45 minutes Falconry show and 20 minutes Indigenous Owl Interaction Experience.

Paid activities as follows (sorry about poor formatting, but just copy and pasted), the numbers are the AED costs.
Code:
Daily Nature Reserve Activities:
Archery Adult: 132 Child: 110 (35min slot) Night Archery Adult: 165 Child: 132 (45min slot)
Nature Walk * Adult: 132 Child: 110 (45min slot )
Star Gazing & Night Walk Adult: 247.50 Child: 165 (90min slot)
Night Walk Adult: 132 Child: 110 (45min slot )
Feathered Friends* (6 - 16 years) Child: 82.50 (35min slot )
Trail Tales * (6 - 16 years) Child: 82.50 (35min slot )
Falconry:
Owl Talk * Adult: 50 (20min slot)
Falconry Show Afternoon * Adult: 85 (45min slot)
Horse Activities:
Horse Ride—Desert Ride Guest: 250 (60min slot )
Horse Ride - Lesson Guest: 150 (45min slot )
Horse Ride - Full Moon Guest: 275 (60min slot )
Horse Lead Ride Guest: 180 (45min slot )
Pony Lead Rides Guest: 60 (20min slot )
Pony Splash Guest: 100 (60min slot )
Stable Tour Guest: 50 (30min slot )
Stable Management Guest: 125 (60min slot )
Camel Activities:
Camel Rides Couple: 275 Guest: 150 (30 min slot)
Sunset Camel Caravan Couple: 407 Guest: 227 (30 min slot)
Camel Rides - Full Moon Guest: 350 (60 min slot)
Camel Experience Guest: 125 (60 min slot)
Land-Based: Minimum of 2 Guests; Morning: 0800-1100, Afternoon:1400-1800.
Sand Boarding Adult: 300 Child: 200 Private: 1200 (1hr15mins)
Dune Drive Adult: 300 Child: 200 Private: 1200 (1hr15mins)
Desert Safari With Dinner Adult: 400 Child: 300 Private: 1800 (4hrs Trip)
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by kryten22uk
Activities included are Daily 45 minutes Falconry show and 20 minutes Indigenous Owl Interaction Experience.
Thank you, you are a much better researcher than me. I'm impressed to learn that two activities are free. We've seen the falconry show at two desert hotels now and have thoroughly enjoyed each time. An owl interaction sounds very appealing.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ah, fairly new reflag

xracer for example had a good stay when it was banyan tree

Al Wadi property, a 101 all-villa desert escape >
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Al...84!4d55.834853

Al Hamra beach property a 32 all-villa luxury resort >
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ba...6!4d55.7753613

marriott may not have allowed RC flag until renovation
renovation of both done in june, both RC (not partner)
beach property closed during (required by marriott?)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Feb 4, 2017 at 3:13 pm
Old Jan 30, 2017, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
xracer for example had a good stay when it was banyan tree
Thanks for the link to xracer's 2013 report. He speaks of being in a top level tented villa – Al Sahari. That is substantially larger than the two villa types available with points.

He mentions a Thai restaurant; it is now Indian.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Jan 30, 2017 at 9:24 pm
Old Feb 18, 2017, 3:44 am

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
kryten22uk, how was the pool temperature during your recent stay assuming they don't heat or cool these and during winter it would get quite cool during the night.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 5:00 am

I haven't been yet. Not until October.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 11:31 pm

I'm quite surprised that this property did not go up a category during the last round. All the bloggers are obsessed about how much of an amazing value for points this property is, and the paid rates are indeed quite out of whack with the required points.

Might give this a try before it gets too hot.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 2:16 am

Don't know why the bloggers took that stance. The rewards category is in line with the other Ritz properties in the Emirates. Seems nothing out of the ordinary to me.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by kryten22uk
Don't know why the bloggers took that stance. The rewards category is in line with the other Ritz properties in the Emirates. Seems nothing out of the ordinary to me.
For a mid-March weekend (Total rate for 2 nights, including tax/service for paid rates)

RC Dubai (Marina beach): 3450 AED / 140k points
RC DIFC (City property): 2950 AED / 80k points
RC Abu Dhabi: 1500 AED / 60k points
RC Al Wadi: 4800 AED / 80k points
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by stargold
I'm quite surprised that this property did not go up a category during the last round. All the bloggers are obsessed about how much of an amazing value for points this property is, and the paid rates are indeed quite out of whack with the required points.
Probably because the access road to the property is virtually non-existent right now. The E611 extension and interchange with Al Shohadaa road (Exit 119 from E311) has made getting here an absolute nightmare.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by B747-437B
Probably because the access road to the property is virtually non-existent right now. The E611 extension and interchange with Al Shohadaa road (Exit 119 from E311) has made getting here an absolute nightmare.
When do you expect construction to be done?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.