Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Ras Al Khaimah, Al Wadi Desert - United Arab Emirates [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz-Carlton Ras Al Khaimah, Al Wadi Desert - United Arab Emirates [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2017, 11:54 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by stargold
For a mid-March weekend (Total rate for 2 nights, including tax/service for paid rates)

RC Dubai (Marina beach): 3450 AED / 140k points
RC DIFC (City property): 2950 AED / 80k points
RC Abu Dhabi: 1500 AED / 60k points
RC Al Wadi: 4800 AED / 80k points
But Marriott's cost to reimburse the property probably don't line up with the AED numbers mentioned above, as occupancy at this property is not as consistent as of late at least as the the Dubai properties above.

Would I avoid this property due to the issues with getting to it? Probably not. Maybe I'd even add an additional stay night because of it instead of just making it a 2 or 3-night getaway.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
When do you expect construction to be done?
The E611 extension project has been ongoing since 2012 and is slated to go on for another 3 years, but this particular section is being presently worked on (for about 8 months) so shouldn't be too much longer. My guess is before Ramadan this year.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 12:05 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by B747-437B
T,,,,this particular section is being presently worked on (for about 8 months) so shouldn't be too much longer. My guess is before Ramadan this year.
Thank you. My stay is well after that so I should be ok.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Thank you. My stay is well after that so I should be ok.
If I'm still around in RAK then we must catch up. Al Wadi is just 10 minutes away from me in Al Hamra.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 8:21 am

If I'm still around in RAK then we must catch up. Al Wadi is just 10 minutes away from me in Al Hamra.
^
Old Feb 28, 2017, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
But Marriott's cost to reimburse the property probably don't line up with the AED numbers mentioned above, as occupancy at this property is not as consistent as of late at least as the the Dubai properties above.

Would I avoid this property due to the issues with getting to it? Probably not. Maybe I'd even add an additional stay night because of it instead of just making it a 2 or 3-night getaway.
SPG for example paid ADR when about sold out
flyertalk.com/forum/22613363-post41.html

re values, it doesnt get that expensive does it..?
al maha does, as do other SPG over holidays
Old Mar 2, 2017, 12:00 am

As a bit of info, I drove by the property on Tuesday and the construction work on the exits from Al Shohadaa Road seems to be complete now (although the exits were still not open to traffic since the signage was being installed). I would expect this to open up with a proper access road within the next week or two.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 9:17 pm

As a bit of info, I drove by the property on Tuesday and the construction work on the exits from Al Shohadaa Road seems to be complete now (although the exits were still not open to traffic since the signage was being installed). I would expect this to open up with a proper access road within the next week or two.
Nice. Thank you.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 2:34 am

The new access road is open as of yesterday with all signage in place. Exits from both northbound and southbound lanes of Al Shohadaa Road with an underpass from the northbound exit to link up with the road towards Al Wadi.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: SAS Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
The new access road is open as of yesterday with all signage in place. Exits from both northbound and southbound lanes of Al Shohadaa Road with an underpass from the northbound exit to link up with the road towards Al Wadi.
How long from/to DXB now?
Old Mar 11, 2017, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by jjakobv84
How long from/to DXB now?
About 40-45 mins using E611.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:09 pm

Programs: SQ Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Infants at Al Wadi

We are booked to go for a few days with our 18mth old, I emailed the Hotel but it seems that they do not offer any babysitting services. Does anyone have any experience of the property with young ones?
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:47 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
It's worth mentioning that the Marriott website doesn't differentiate between children and adults when calculating an "additional adult" charge. So trying to book for 2 adults and 2 children results in a 1800AED charge for a 2 night stay.

I therefore booked this for just 2 adults, and emailed the property to add my two children manually. No issues at all, and done without a fuss. They did say there would be a 50AED daily charge for breakfast for the 7yr old; but I can live with that.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 12:50 am

Anybody know when the Al Wadi refurbishment will complete and that, RC management will officially take over?

TA reviews on this property seemed very mixed during the transition from BT to RC...

I am hoping once RC take over, the service quality can be more consistent.

Looking to go in Q1 2018
Old Apr 28, 2017, 4:01 am

I was told that transition should be completed by November this year.

Judging by a recent visit, the place is in dire need of some money and attention all around. The low-point was the outdoor public pool which had been drained long ago, but left to become extremely dirty and exposed to plain sight as you walk past it. An eyesore as well as a real safety hazard.

Service felt stretched and short-staffed (albeit well intentioned), not the effortless grace you expect from a R-C. Villa really needs new furniture, and the strange fabric-decorated European style dome above the bed was jarring in its incongruousness.

Still definitely worth the 40k MR points, if for nothing else than the surprisingly large plunge pool, but absolutely not worth the paid rate of 1500-2000AED per night (plus tax).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.