Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:17 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
After having stayed here this past February, I finally managed to secure a reservation with points from December 25 to January the 1st. I do not even know how it opened, as it was still showing $1,100 for cheapest room and all of a sudden, today, it said there was one room available with points. Being that Marriott allows you to make the reservation, I just booked it (7 night travel package will do the trick).

Only thing is that I was expecting a full breakfast as a Platinum this time, but looks like I will have to go have breakfast to the supermarket in front of the parking lot like I did this past February.
Only thing is I do not want the Sheraton or the Westin, as Wailea is my favorite part of the island.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 2:42 am

Programs: Marriott LTP
You must have grabbed the room that I just cancelled for those dates. I had a few rooms booked on points over Xmas and New Years, and finally settled on Dec 29 - Jan 5, cancelling all of the other ones. It's good to see they put the rooms back into the availability pool. That makes me marginally less cynical about Marriott...

Originally Posted by carlitos
After having stayed here this past February, I finally managed to secure a reservation with points from December 25 to January the 1st. I do not even know how it opened, as it was still showing $1,100 for cheapest room and all of a sudden, today, it said there was one room available with points. Being that Marriott allows you to make the reservation, I just booked it (7 night travel package will do the trick).

Only thing is that I was expecting a full breakfast as a Platinum this time, but looks like I will have to go have breakfast to the supermarket in front of the parking lot like I did this past February.
Only thing is I do not want the Sheraton or the Westin, as Wailea is my favorite part of the island.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by smokie
You must have grabbed the room that I just cancelled for those dates. I had a few rooms booked on points over Xmas and New Years, and finally settled on Dec 29 - Jan 5, cancelling all of the other ones. It's good to see they put the rooms back into the availability pool. That makes me marginally less cynical about Marriott...
Well, thanks for that. I thought I was going to have to settle for the Sheraton or Westin.
I did grab a flight on United on the way there (December 25) for $180 buckaroos one way all in from South Cali.
Way back is with AA miles, so super cheap vacation

Also saw 26 to the 1st open and 27 to the 1st too, although not anymore, so someone else did grab those. How many reservations did you make?

BTW, see you there.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 10:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Elite, Southwest Companion
room experience

Anyone have experience as Platinum elite upgrading from a garden view booked on points? Is it too much to expect a decent ocean view? We got a room with an ocean view, yes, but also directly above a huge (seriously) roof, beyond which is the ocean. Talk sense into me--do I count my blessings that we are simply on Maui and staying on points or should I expect more
Old Oct 14, 2018, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Ellvizzle
Anyone have experience as Platinum elite upgrading from a garden view booked on points? Is it too much to expect a decent ocean view? We got a room with an ocean view, yes, but also directly above a huge (seriously) roof, beyond which is the ocean. Talk sense into me--do I count my blessings that we are simply on Maui and staying on points or should I expect more
Don't expect much in terms of upgrades, and appreciate what you get.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 9:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Elite, Southwest Companion
Originally Posted by lincoln boy
I'm going there in Dec and curious if they improve the breakfast offering. with the resort fee, parking fee, and pathetic breakfast for Platinum this hotel must be joking.
For a review of the current experience of the breakfast--it's fine if you are okay without a full on bacon and eggs experience. But if you need more, then you won't be satisfied. At Starbucks you get any tall coffee or tea beverage (could be a latte, drip, whatever your pleasure). The fruit cup is fresh. The pastry is standard Starbucks fare--each day a little different, scone, croissant, banana bread, etc., but good. Yes, still feels a bit cheap on the hotel's part, but it could certainly be worse. The resort fee on the other hand...gets you a whole lotta nuthin.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Ellvizzle

For a review of the current experience of the breakfast--it's fine if you are okay without a full on bacon and eggs experience. But if you need more, then you won't be satisfied. At Starbucks you get any tall coffee or tea beverage (could be a latte, drip, whatever your pleasure). The fruit cup is fresh. The pastry is standard Starbucks fare--each day a little different, scone, croissant, banana bread, etc., but good. Yes, still feels a bit cheap on the hotel's part, but it could certainly be worse. The resort fee on the other hand...gets you a whole lotta nuthin.
Thanks for the info. Honestly I was expecting a full breakfast at a hotel like Wailea Beach but Starbucks breakfast option is not too bad. No need to pay tips so that's a at least plus. Coffee, fruit, pastry from Starbucks everyday do not sound bad especially if you are exploring the island a lot. On the other hand, if you spend time relaxing at the hotel most of the time, then this might not be good. Anyway, I appreciate the breakfast info.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: IHG Ambassador , Marriott platinum, United, Delta
Has anyone tried to substitute the fruit and pastry for anything. I would be happy with anything I could actually eat, even a hard boiled egg. If not my DH will get a extra fruit bowl for the day.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 1:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mitchwebb
Has anyone tried to substitute the fruit and pastry for anything. I would be happy with anything I could actually eat, even a hard boiled egg. If not my DH will get a extra fruit bowl for the day.
I'll probably just bring a box of pop tarts with me. That will be breakfast.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 6:52 pm

I'll be there in a few weeks. Today, I received this welcome email:

Aloha xxxxxx,

I would like the opportunity to confirm and thank you for your future reservations at the beautiful Wailea Beach Resort, Marriott Maui. As a valued Platinum Elite member, I look forward to curating a unique and memorable Hawaiian experience by assisting you in navigating the endless opportunities the Wailea Beach Resort and Maui have to offer.

I have your reservation details as follows:

Confirmation #: xxxxxxxxx

Arrival: xxxxxxxx

Departure: xxxxxxxxx

Room Category: xxxxxxxxxx

To begin assisting with your arrival and to better meet your needs, kindly provide me with the following:

Flight number and arrival time:

Name of Traveling companion(s) if applicable, and ages of any children. Providing names will allow those accompanying you to use the pools and amenities:

Purpose of travel:

Any activities or restaurants you have any initial interest in exploring?

As a Platinum member which of the two welcome amenities would you like upon arrival:

1000 Marriott Rewards Points per day or 2 Continental Breakfast Vouchers per day?
(Breakfast Vouchers to be used at Starbucks or Whale’s Tale. Breakfast items include: coffee, tea, juice, hot cocoa, or milk, with a fruit cup, and a pastry of the day).

I look forward to hosting you while on Maui. If there is anything else I may immediately assist you with, please let me know. Once I have the above information, we can begin planning your tropical Hawaiian escape.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Me Ka Ha’aha’a (Sincerely),

xxxxxxxxxx
Old Oct 19, 2018, 11:40 pm

The STARBUCKS breakfast is an embarrassment. I don’t drink coffee or tea yet that are the only choices. Also being forced to have a sweet pastry for breakfast Ievery day with mo other options is ludicrous and not healthy. The only other time that I saw this was at a 4P which had no other restaurant options nearby and was understandable but at a hotel of this calibre is not acceptable. Luckily there are other restantants close by (offsite) where one can get a good breakfast for a reasonable price.
davidsc111 and lincoln boy like this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cruiser9999
The STARBUCKS breakfast is an embarrassment. I don’t drink coffee or tea yet that are the only choices. Also being forced to have a sweet pastry for breakfast Ievery day with mo other options is ludicrous and not healthy. The only other time that I saw this was at a 4P which had no other restaurant options nearby and was understandable but at a hotel of this calibre is not acceptable. Luckily there are other restantants close by (offsite) where one can get a good breakfast for a reasonable price.
What's the best nearby option for a reasonable cost, in your (or someone else's) opinion? Walking distance would be ideal.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 8:39 pm

As someone mentioned to me make sure you rate them by how well they cared about their elite guests. The only reason they even let you in the restaurant is because it is written in the rules that breakfast must be provided in the restaurant. I would not be surprised if they put a couple of tables in the bathroom to accommodate those free loading elites.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by kapooncha
What's the best nearby option for a reasonable cost, in your (or someone else's) opinion? Walking distance would be ideal.
I'd suggest Island Gourmet Market. It is walking distance - basically just walk past the Marriott parking ramp and through the shopping center parking lot.
Shopping In Wailea Island Kitchen Shops Of Wailea
kapooncha and hipquest like this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Quick question no Union action at this property ??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.