Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Old Aug 2, 2018, 3:31 pm

South Maui Fish Market is the name. They close when they run out of fish.

If you like craft beer, definitely try What Ales You.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:33 pm

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by gumercindo
Last question - headed there with 3 kids including a 2 YO. My SO wants to bring some beach toys - I am hesitant to. Does the hotel provide plenty of things like that (sand shovels, buckets, etc.)?
Last year, the guys that set up the chairs on the beach had some buckets, toys for use. The gift shop at the hotel actually has reasonably priced toys as well - Better than packing, imo.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
I have never seen Vertuo in a hotel room. The pods cost 2x.

I have both machines, and the older Nespresso tastes better IMO.
I have the older Nespresso machine (Citiz, same as what they have in the rooms). Here's how I solved the coffee dilemma - the Presto MyJo, which uses Keurig pods that you pump manually. Very portable and works great, if you can live with Keurig (I don't like Keurig personally, but my wife does and she's the one who's desperate for a coffee as soon as she wakes up).

pokee likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 9:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
This is what we have in the exec lounge sticky for this property. Note it's 5 years old. Any updates appreciated.

* Wailea-Maui / Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa / Platinums can get a discounted breakfast for $24.50; 12/13 update
Old Aug 17, 2018, 12:26 pm

We just stayed 8N at the property and had a great time. We were in the tower Hale and had 2 connecting/adjacent rooms (party of 7). My overall thoughts –

- Great customer service from the moment you arrive to the moment your last bag is packed by the bell. Everyone, top to bottom at the property does a great job in the customer facing area.

- Loved the 3 pools. Yes, it’s spread out but the biproduct of that is that the pools do not get super packed and you don’t have to get there by 7am to get a good seat. Whenever we did hit the pools, we usually got there by 10-11 and had no issue finding a good seat.

- Hooray for Island Gourmet and Shops at Wailea! What a life saver these were. Definitely allowed us to get cost conscious meals there and any evening market runs.

Overall, had a great time in Maui. Ate well, enjoyed the island and relaxed.
Kacee and bresnab like this.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 11:35 pm

We walked by this property while staying at Andaz. Not in the same league but a good use of Marriott points....especially if you redeem tonight.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 6:29 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I think this is about the best in Maui. But with SPG resorts opening up to book, there are nice alternatives.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:51 am
Suspended

How is the beach at this property? I'm debating whether to use my travel cert here or use Hyatt points for the Andaz.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by kapooncha
How is the beach at this property? I'm debating whether to use my travel cert here or use Hyatt points for the Andaz.
there’s no beach for the Marriott, per se, however, there’s a great beach next door in front of the GW property. It’s only a few minute walk from the adventure pool at Marriott and Marriott has chairs dedicated to their clients. We used the beach a couple times and had no issue getting chairs/umbrellas.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gumercindo

there’s no beach for the Marriott, per se, however, there’s a great beach next door in front of the GW property. It’s only a few minute walk from the adventure pool at Marriott and Marriott has chairs dedicated to their clients. We used the beach a couple times and had no issue getting chairs/umbrellas.
Are Marriott guests allowed to use the pool at the GW as well? Otherwise it seems a bit cumbersome to have to walk back to the Marriott to use the pool, then back to the GW for the beach. I like to switch between beach/pool throughout the day.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:04 am

Are Marriott guests allowed to use the pool at the GW as well? Otherwise it seems a bit cumbersome to have to walk back to the Marriott to use the pool, then back to the GW for the beach. I like to switch between beach/pool throughout the day.
I doubt it but I'm not 100% sure. TBH, it's not that bad. In fact, I'd say the walk to the GW pool and the Marriott Adventure pool is probably close to being the same.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: Amex MR, SPG, Aeroplan
Are Marriott guests allowed to use the pool at the GW as well? Otherwise, it seems a bit cumbersome to have to walk back to the Marriott to use the pool, then back to the GW for the beach. I like to switch between beach/pool throughout the day.
Officially, no, you are not to use WA pools (there are signs for it), but I had not noticed anybody enforcing (not that I tried). The VERY noticeable item is the hotel beach towels - Marriott has pale gray(ish) and WA has blue-striped ones. So, when you put your towel down, you will be sticking out like a sore thumb. Plus, WA pools were just mobbed - way too crowded and noisy for my taste, felt very mass-touristy for WA name. Don't know if you can even find a free spot at a random time.

I'm a beach person myself and was a bit disappointed with the beach (not your "picture-perfect" expanse of white sand and turquoise water). We ended up spending most of the time at adults pool, and surprisingly, I enjoyed that a lot. And no, even for walking back and forth, it is very, very short walk - I've been in resorts where it took me much longer from the "garden" room to the beach.
kapooncha likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
No and if you are in the pool without the GW wrist band you will get tossed...or at least asked to get a wrist band...
Old Aug 24, 2018, 10:18 am
ohh

The resort fee has gone up to $35 as of today
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by NauticalWheeler
We walked by this property while staying at Andaz. Not in the same league but a good use of Marriott points....especially if you redeem tonight.
That's true. The Andaz has a long way to go to catch up to the Marriott in terms of physical condition, restaurants, and especially customer service.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.