Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Old Jun 1, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by lincoln boy
Thanks. I noticed that after August Platinum don't get free breakfast at Marriott hotel but free breakfast is offered at Marriott Resort. I will be staying at this property later this year and am platinum. That is why I asked.
It is an amazing property. I was not offer breakfast this past February. But looking to stay again on my last 7 night travel package by the end of the year. I actually solved the problem by walking to the amazing super market in the parking lot of the mall, where they have cook to order breakfast and everything one needs. But, if you get offer breakfast now, that would be a great perk.
polyesther and lincoln boy like this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Thanks. I noticed that after August Platinum don't get free breakfast at Marriott hotel but free breakfast is offered at Marriott Resort. I will be staying at this property later this year and am platinum. That is why I asked.
Platinum gets breakfast now at Marriott Hotels but not resorts. After August you get breakfast at both types of Marriott. It is not going away from the hotels. It may be provided in the lounge at the hotels, whereas the resorts generally don't have lounges so it will be in the restaurant.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Platinum gets breakfast now at Marriott Hotels but not resorts. After August you get breakfast at both types of Marriott. It is not going away from the hotels. It may be provided in the lounge at the hotels, whereas the resorts generally don't have lounges so it will be in the restaurant.
the news released today does not show that Marriott Hotels offer free breakfast for platinum.

https://members.marriott.com/wp-cont...Gift_Final.pdf

according to this chart, you would get $10 food and beverage credit as a platinum not free breakfast at Marriott Hotels. Am I not understanding correctly?
Old Jun 1, 2018, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

the news released today does not show that Marriott Hotels offer free breakfast for platinum.

according to this chart, you would get $10 food and beverage credit as a platinum not free breakfast at Marriott Hotels. Am I not understanding correctly?
But you'd still get access to the lounge, which will offer breakfast Except the annoying tendency for US properties to close the lounge on weekends. But true, you will not get breakfast in the restaurant as a benefit
Old Jun 1, 2018, 6:38 pm

But you'd still get access to the lounge, which will offer breakfast Except the annoying tendency for US properties to close the lounge on weekends. But true, you will not get breakfast in the restaurant as a benefit
thats good to know. Thank you for the info.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 12:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)

It's unfortunate the chart is so unclear, but I believe people are misreading it. It adds a breakfast benefit at resorts as a welcome gift, and reflects continuation of the current breakfast benefit at FS, JW, Marriott, Ren, Autograph, etc., which is in addition to the welcome gift, and is as follows:

Enjoy refreshments and complimentary breakfast for you and one guest in the lounge. In the U.S. and Canada, at hotels without a lounge or if the lounge is closed, you’ll have a choice of continental breakfast in the restaurant or 750 points. In Europe, hotels without a lounge offer a choice of breakfast for two in the restaurant or 750 points.
In other words, at resorts, which previously did not offer breakfast, the breakfast will be one of the welcome gift options. This is exactly how SPG currently handles the breakfast benefit.

At FS Marriott (and JW, Autograph, and Ren) the breakfast has always been in addition to the welcome gift.
lincoln boy likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
It's unfortunate the chart is so unclear, but I believe people are misreading it. It adds a breakfast benefit at resorts as a welcome gift, and reflects continuation of the current breakfast benefit at FS, JW, Marriott, Ren, Autograph, etc., which is in addition to the welcome gift, and is as follows:

In other words, at resorts, which previously did not offer breakfast, the breakfast will be one of the welcome gift options. This is exactly how SPG currently handles the breakfast benefit.

At FS Marriott (and JW, Autograph, and Ren) the breakfast has always been in addition to the welcome gift.
so does this mean that at JW Marriott, Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels, Marriott Hotels and Delta Hotels Platinum gets lounge access/free breakfast in addition of $10 F&B credit? If so, this is an improvement over the current platinum benefits at those properties, correct?
Old Jun 4, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
so does this mean that at JW Marriott, Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels, Marriott Hotels and Delta Hotels Platinum gets lounge access/free breakfast in addition of $10 F&B credit? If so, this is an improvement over the current platinum benefits at those properties, correct?
It is exactly the same, except the points option has been increased from 500 to 1000.

The current rule is you get lounge access, plus a welcome gift, which is defined as:

500 bonus points or Food & Beverage amenity (outside the U.S. &Canada) or $10 Food & Beverage credit (U.S. & Canada only)
Old Jun 4, 2018, 9:44 am

It is exactly the same, except the points option has been increased from 500 to 1000.

The current rule is you get lounge access, plus a welcome gift, which is defined as:
oh ok. I never had a platinum status with Marriott so it is new to me. But with all the new announcement that Marriott made in the past months, I'm pretty sure that a lot of people are confused on the platinum benefits. Thanks to you, I now understand the platinum benefit correctly!
Old Jun 4, 2018, 7:58 pm

But with all the new announcement that Marriott made in the past months, I'm pretty sure that a lot of people are confused on the platinum benefits.
Marriott is not making this easy.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Marriott is not making this easy.
After evaluating all the Marriott/SPG options in Maui I used Airbnb. I have over 400K MR points, but the redemption values suck. Just returned today and it was amazing.
Gas at Costco (next to the Airport Courtyard) was $0.70/gallon cheaper than the rest of the island.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
After evaluating all the Marriott/SPG options in Maui I used Airbnb. I have over 400K MR points, but the redemption values suck. Just returned today and it was amazing.
Gas at Costco (next to the Airport Courtyard) was $0.70/gallon cheaper than the rest of the island.
Gack - really? The Wailea Beach Marriott is probably one of the BEST redemption values I've ever experienced! And, at the end of the day, points = free. Airbnb <> free. I'll take free any day of the week...
Old Jun 5, 2018, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pokee
Gack - really? The Wailea Beach Marriott is probably one of the BEST redemption values I've ever experienced! And, at the end of the day, points = free. Airbnb <> free. I'll take free any day of the week...
I'd also be curious as to why. With cash rates running as high as they are it is generally a good place to spend points.

I can see the argument that resort fee and parking adds a fair amount of cash to the equation. But still I think it is points well spent.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 7:03 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
I'd also be curious as to why. With cash rates running as high as they are it is generally a good place to spend points.

I can see the argument that resort fee and parking adds a fair amount of cash to the equation. But still I think it is points well spent.
I've voted this way, returning the week after next for our second points stay in six months.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by gumercindo
Just out of curiosity, who have you been messaging? DMs on twitter? Facebook? Direct email?
Facebook.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.