Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:50 pm

I thought the lack of a beach was noticeable. The adult pool was pretty great which made up for that, but there's something about not having easy beach access right as part of your hotel.

I stayed there in Nov 2017 and was in a Hale 7 room that overlooked the kids pool (MR Gold, booked Garden View on cash) and that wasn't great. Very loud, luckily we were only there for a couple of days (had spent the rest of the time at the Westin in Ka'anapali -- which I probably preferred over this hotel).
Old Apr 25, 2018, 2:35 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
Four night stay completed here and loved it. We were in Hale 6 overlooking adults pool which was on the whole quiet and with a nice view. Could see the Ocean if we sat on one side of the balcony. Beaches both within 5 minute walk and easy via the pathway. Saw Turtles from the beach which was a highlight. Pools get crowded and they discourage reservation of sun beds (which is good). Service overall good, room was lovely with a really comfortable bed.
breakfast at Humble Market Kitchin which was included in our rate was chaos. Seems so badly organised and we waited two days 20 minutes for a table while we watched as dirty tables were not cleared for ages. The place was 50% full but waited and waited. THREE hostesses seating people and making reservations with a compl;ex IPAD system while the lines got longer. If they cleared a few table instead of just looking pretty it would have worked much better. Food was good though.
As has been mentioned no points awarded on anything but the basic rate which is very annoying. cannot find this mentioned anywhere and wondering whether to complain about it........ bit annoying when the charges are so high and we spent a lot on dining in the resort. I think for sure this is the best resort in Wailea.
polyesther likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I would certainly complain/inquire about not earning points on what should all be eligible spend.
Old May 10, 2018, 8:35 am

Can anybody tell me how much they charge for the breakfast buffet? I am deciding whether or not to get a platinum status so that I can get the breakfast for free.
Old May 10, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Gold, DL Medallion, MR Plat
When I was there last year they were not offering Elite Breakfasts.

We never bothered eating at the hotel, lots of places close by (3 or 4 decent spots in the mall a couple of blocks away)
Old May 10, 2018, 10:51 am

We've stayed at the resort several times, with and without kids. Now that the renovations are complete I'd put the Wailea Marriott at the top of the list if you're looking for either a family or couples trip. Moses at the front desk went out of his way, not only at check-in, but throughout the stay. The location can't beat (choice of beaches on either side of the resort), amenities onsite and close by are convenient (shopping at the market in the mall up the hill - prices are reasonable and match bigger stores). The entire staff was very accommodating and the service was impeccable. I don't love the resort fee and parking isn't cheap but I think the costs are in line given it's Wailea.

We stayed at the Kea Lani for the last few nights, and this time around we really noticed a gap in service/friendliness between the two resorts. Not that the Fairmont isn't excellent, just that the Marriott stepped up their game and we'll now stay there for the entire vacation next time. We've already booked for next January.
Old May 10, 2018, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by bresnab

We never bothered eating at the hotel, lots of places close by (3 or 4 decent spots in the mall a couple of blocks away)
It's good to know that there are many places to eat near the hotel. This is a first time for our family to go to Maui so I really appreciate your input.
Old May 10, 2018, 12:55 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bresnab
It looks like after August 1st (when the SPG, MR and RC rewards programs merge) one of the new benefits for platinum and up elites is a free breakfast amenity option even at resorts. So for stays after August 1st, there may well be a free breakfast option.
Old May 10, 2018, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by hhoope01
It looks like after August 1st (when the SPG, MR and RC rewards programs merge) one of the new benefits for platinum and up elites is a free breakfast amenity option even at resorts. So for stays after August 1st, there may well be a free breakfast option.
We will be at the property around Christmas so this benefit is huge IF I get a platinum status. I'm deciding whether it's worth it.
Old May 10, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Don't quote me on it, but I remember the buffet being $33/person when I was there in March.
Old May 10, 2018, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
Don't quote me on it, but I remember the buffet being $33/person when I was there in March.
That sounds about Marriott resort breakfast buffet price. Did you try the buffet? was that good?
Old May 10, 2018, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by lincoln boy
We will be at the property around Christmas so this benefit is huge IF I get a platinum status. I'm deciding whether it's worth it.
I wouldn't necessarily expect that the "buffet" is what they will offer for free... It could be that is what they do but until the 08/01 changes are implemented nobody knows...
Old May 10, 2018, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by davidsc111
I wouldn't necessarily expect that the "buffet" is what they will offer for free... It could be that is what they do but until the 08/01 changes are implemented nobody knows...
Good point!
Old May 10, 2018, 6:39 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by lincoln boy
That sounds about Marriott resort breakfast buffet price. Did you try the buffet? was that good?
I didn't try the buffet. I had an omelet the first day I was there which wasn't bad, but nothing memorable. My friend & I went to other local places the rest of the trip. Special shout out to Sugar Beach Bake Shop, about 15 minutes away by car--they had amazing malasadas.
lincoln boy likes this.
Old May 10, 2018, 9:30 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Make sure to visit the Whale Tale bar for breakfast at least once during your stay. It's right down by the water, offers good coffee, juice, and smoothies, and is both better than Starbucks and much less expensive than the main restaurant.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.