Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:36 am
CDF

Location: Michigan, DL Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Gold
I'm staying here the beginning of September 2017 and was wondering if someone had a current listing of what exactly to you get for your resort fee. I think I found this once before on the actual Marriott site but can't seem to find it now. I apologize if this has been posted in this thread already. If it has and you can point me to it I'd appreciate it.

Also noted that people were saying that since this is a resort there is no complimentary breakfast for Platinum members. I find this interesting since the Marriott Waikiki is also considered a resort and they did include a breakfast voucher for each day I stayed there. Is it up to each property to include this or not?

Thanks!
Old Aug 4, 2017, 12:24 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
I stayed at both about a year ago and I remember getting the vouchers at the Marriott Waikiki but at this hotel I remember getting food at Starbucks or eating snacks in the room so they must not do vouchers. That may have changed in the past year with the rehab and all though.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA 1k
Just booked a short trip here last week of Aug (Tues-Sat) -- Booked a "resort room", as it was the cheapest. Fingers crossed for an upgrade at check-in (gold). Came with $100 resort credit per night, so pretty solid deal around $283/night.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 9:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite (Lifetime Gold), United 1K
Originally Posted by nottarockstar
Just booked a short trip here last week of Aug (Tues-Sat) -- Booked a "resort room", as it was the cheapest. Fingers crossed for an upgrade at check-in (gold).
Good luck! Staying for a week in September and hoping for an upgrade as well... has anyone had any luck by calling in advance and asking if an upgrade is available?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:35 am

Just booked a short trip here last week of Aug (Tues-Sat) -- Booked a "resort room", as it was the cheapest. Fingers crossed for an upgrade at check-in (gold). Came with $100 resort credit per night, so pretty solid deal around $283/night.
That's a good deal...I'm going the third week of March 2018 and Resort Rooms are $509+tax a night!!! I booked a points stay since it's a better deal for me even if I have to BUY points (since I get the 5th night free!).
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by CDF
I'm staying here the beginning of September 2017 and was wondering if someone had a current listing of what exactly to you get for your resort fee. I think I found this once before on the actual Marriott site but can't seem to find it now. I apologize if this has been posted in this thread already. If it has and you can point me to it I'd appreciate it.

Also noted that people were saying that since this is a resort there is no complimentary breakfast for Platinum members. I find this interesting since the Marriott Waikiki is also considered a resort and they did include a breakfast voucher for each day I stayed there. Is it up to each property to include this or not?

Thanks!
It's a few years old, but I added a list of the resort fee benefits to this thread here. For those who have stayed recently, perhaps you could update the list in the wiki?
Wailea Maui Marriott

I don't recall this resort ever offering any free breakfast for Plats. If it's a resort property, it's totally at the property's discretion to offer free breakfast for Golds/Plats, as Marriott does not require resorts to offer this benefit.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by windhund
It's a few years old, but I added a list of the resort fee benefits to this thread here. For those who have stayed recently, perhaps you could update the list in the wiki?
Wailea Maui Marriott

I don't recall this resort ever offering any free breakfast for Plats. If it's a resort property, it's totally at the property's discretion to offer free breakfast for Golds/Plats, as Marriott does not require resorts to offer this benefit.
Nice - I'll do my best to update as well after my trip. I don't expect a free breakfast, based on other reviews. Pretty cool about the other perks like photos, shell lei greeting, etc.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:23 pm

Nice - I'll do my best to update as well after my trip. I don't expect a free breakfast, based on other reviews. Pretty cool about the other perks like photos, shell lei greeting, etc.
Have a great time! It is a beautiful resort, and the adults-only serenity (maluhia) pool is one of my favorite amenities.

As a previous poster alluded to, there is a Starbucks on-site, and it's a regular Starbucks, so you can get many breakfast items there if you want. There's also an Island Gourmet Market at the Shops at Wailea, which has other options (also has food for lunch and dinner too, if you don't want to eat out). Not fancy food but some decent options IIRC.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 6:22 am

We've got enough points for either 10 nights here, or 10 at the Ritz Carlton Kapalua (1 bed residential).

As we're travelling with kids, and this resort has just been renovated, my thinking is that this would be a better option than the Ritz. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I wouldn't normally pick a Marriott over a Ritz, but this one might swing it...
Old Aug 11, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Bigmerv I have stayed at the Wailea Marriott a couple of times with my family. I think it is a great resort for families with two nice beaches in easy walking distance and the Wailea Shoppes also in easy walking distance. The onsite Luau is nice; however, go for the show and not the food/drinks. The food and drinks are okay but nothing to write home about. It is great being able to walk to the Luau from your room. Both of my stays were pre-renovation and it was very good then. I imagine it is even better now. There are a lot of other nice beaches and restaurants nearby in the Wailea and Kihei areas. Touring to Hana, Mt. Haleakala, etc. will be a bit of drive from both properties. Wailea is probably slightly easier.

I haven't stayed at the Ritz but the grounds are very nice. Merriman's restaurant next to the property is excellent. There is a nice snorkeling area, Honolua Bay, which is good for beginners near Kapula. DT Fleming beach at The Ritz is also nice but would be a bit more of a walk from the rooms though there is a free shuttle. You would be much closer to Lahaina with lots of nice restaurants and boat tours to Molokai and Lanai. While I do like Kapula, I like Wailea even better. I don't think you can go wrong with either property. Enjoy your trip.

--Jon
Old Aug 11, 2017, 6:43 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Bigmerv, just noticed you have enough points for 10 nights. You might want to split your stay and do five nights at each property. On your transit day between the properties, you could tour some of the more central areas of Maui.

--Jon
Old Aug 15, 2017, 11:12 am

We're planning on doing the luau -- I see Costco has tix for $87, compared to $112 on the luau website. Any discounts at the hotel, or should I proceed with Costco?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SPG/Marriott PLT
I know the pool is 18+, we're travelling with our infant son, 9 months old, any chance that we'll be allowed to spend time in there? Any one might have experience on that? Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by greasy
I know the pool is 18+, we're travelling with our infant son, 9 months old, any chance that we'll be allowed to spend time in there? Any one might have experience on that? Thanks in advance.
Would doubt you'd be allowed or that you should try. Going with my 15 month old and as much as I want to spend time at the adult pool, it's not really fair to the people at the pool to bring a kid into it. I remember what it was like pre-kid, and I would have been really annoyed at someone bringing a baby, gotta respect that. My wife and I have a deal that we'll trade off days during naps - that'll be my adult only pool time. Other than that, enjoy the water slide!
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:28 pm

IIRC, there are two fairly large pools other than the "kiddie" pool (one of which had two parts I think). Only one pool was adults only so you can still take your child to a "big" pool. In several visits, I never saw anyone try to bring an infant to the adult-only pool.
pokee likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.