Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Old Jan 24, 2010, 8:57 pm

We reserved a std room April 2007 and received a wonderful oceanfront upgrade. We were right on the water, so sorry I cannot add a picture - the room view was fabulous! I think we could have fished from the lanai. Hubby is plat and we were there on his 50th birthday so we may have gotten a little special treatment.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 11:16 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
I used points for a stay there a couple of months ago. We got upgraded to an oceanfront view room, no problem. I'm platinum.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 11:42 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
I also stayed at this hotel, February 2008, and asked for an upgrade, and got it, end/corner room, FANTABULOUS suite actually, living room with bedroom, and catwalk style balcony looking right down the coastline. I could not have had a better view if they would have told me I could have any room in the hotel and I said "I'll take that one!" Truly, it was great, and the hotel was super too, though I didn't care for the "resort fee," but then I don't like the resort fees at any resort that charges a resort fee. I got them to change it slightly in my case, for more smoothies, since I love fruit smoothies (but I can't remember what I traded away that I don't use). There are four or five things included in the daily resort fee, including a welcome smoothie, daily beach towels, free Internet, and a couple of other things. All that being said, a great hotel, in a beautiful area, I would stay there any time!
Old Jan 24, 2010, 11:48 pm

I'll be here for three nights in March. The room we have booked now is described as "No view." As a plat, I was hoping to be upgraded, but we're usually out and about most of the time, so we can certainly live with it.

Some of the responses here give me a bit of hope for the upgrade.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:05 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Trust me, you want the upgrade, it is a religious experience! Even if it is just when you wake up in the morning while you are having coffee and getting dressed, it is so worth it!

I had an afternoon massage while I was there, and the massage therapist set the table up so that my head was facing the sliding glass door for the balcony, overlooking the ocean, and for the entire massage, I was looking right down the coastline and out over the ocean. It was incredibly relaxing.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
If it was me, I would use the extra points for the guaranteed upgrade, then still call the hotel and ask at check-in if a further upgrade is available. It's kind of like flying--asking for an upgrade from coach to first may seem greedy, but politely asking if there's a chance of getting bumped from business to first could actually work (and worst case, you're still in business or, in this case, a room with a really nice view).
Old Jan 26, 2010, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by USirritated
Trust me, you want the upgrade, it is a religious experience! Even if it is just when you wake up in the morning while you are having coffee and getting dressed, it is so worth it!
It certainly makes for a nice stay, yes.

Last edited by tvetter01; Jan 26, 2010 at 3:47 pm
Old Jan 26, 2010, 8:12 pm

I also asked and received an upgraded rooms. We had two rooms and were given ocean view room with a connecting suite. The suite was truly amazing. Large living room with a separate bedroom and 1.5 bath. It was perfect for our family of 5.

3 beds, 3 tvs, 2.5 bath, dinette table, large comfy couch and 3 balconies.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 9:41 pm

Which building were you in?
Old Feb 13, 2010, 8:00 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP (5.8MM Airpass) Delta Gold Medallion Marriott Platinum
Additional $75/night plus points

To get an ocean view room, they now require cash plus points. I guess it is worth the extra 75 bucks a night to have a decent room. I have stayed here before with mixed results. Once it was under construction which they promised would be complete and once was very nice. The location is fantastic. Any ideas on whether to pay the 75 bucks a night plus the resort fee plus outrageous Hawaiian taxes? Hawaii is getting as bad as Mexico.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 9:24 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, United LT Silver
Originally Posted by CPRich
At the other end of the opinion spectrum, I booked a Garden/Resort View (whatever the base level is) in July, and was quite happy. This is looking out my balcony early in the morning.

Love your photography... thanks for the link.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 7:17 pm

Very nice view.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 5:44 am

Question Wailea Marriott Questions

We are using points for a stay for our family this summer.
Is there a safe in the room and will my husband's laptop fit in it?

Is there a refrigerator in the room? We would like one to keep breakfast items for the week.

Is there anyplace in the hotel where they have free coffee in the morning?

Any tidbits about the hotel would be great appreciated

CSBM
Old Mar 17, 2010, 6:51 am

Programs: UA Silver, DL Silver (1MM), HH LT Diamond,, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by CSBM
We are using points for a stay for our family this summer.
Is there a safe in the room and will my husband's laptop fit in it?

Is there a refrigerator in the room? We would like one to keep breakfast items for the week.

Is there anyplace in the hotel where they have free coffee in the morning?

Any tidbits about the hotel would be great appreciated

CSBM
Safe in the room. Don't know if it is big enough to hold a laptop.

Refrigerator in the room.

Free coffee in the room. Outside, I don't know.

See the hotel website for details.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 7:06 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, SQ Krisflyer PPS, UA 1p, Marriot Lifetime Platinum, American EXP
Here is what I remember

There was a safe in our room, but not big enough for a computer (even a netbook). I do not think this is a problem I always leave my Notebook out on the desk usually without incident ever.
Yes, there was a small refrigerator enough to hold the things you are thinking about.
I do not remember there being anyplace to get "Free" coffee, but our room had a coffe maker. We asked housekeeping for extra coffee and were well stocked the entire time we were there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.