Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2002, 9:46 am

Location: MCI. AA Plat, UA PrmEx., Mrrtt Gold, Hz Pres.Circle, HHonors Gold
Are the fridges tall enough to accommodate a regular-sized bottle of wine?

Did you get upgraded at HWV, or did they just give you a regular room with a card to access the Executive Lounges?
Old Mar 7, 2002, 7:00 pm
T Q

Programs: HHonors/Marriott/Starwood/SWA Rapid Rewards
rccamy..yes the fridges are like what people have in their offices at work. A full half gallon of milk fit in the door of ours. Our kids ate cereal in the room while my husband and myself dined at the Palm Court each morning (what can i say..rank (or age) has it's privileges)..

The jacuzzis are nice there (2 of them). We had a cold beer in the jacuzzis a couple of nights and mingled with the midwesterners we met (Michigan and Wisconsin folks)..

Parking is $5 a day whether your self park or valet. The tax per day was $30 on our $275 rate (a little steep for sure). I would have done the $20 cup routine if we didn't have the breakfast thing. Cuz I'm a coffee freek. They were nice enough to give me to go cups of coffee after i finished my breakfast.

Also, we had a midnight flight home so we took advantage of the free hospitality room at about 5 pm. we had to check out at 2 and loiter around the makapu beach area after checking our bags with bellmen. So, at 5, we got keys to hospitality room, where the 4 of us took showers and changed in a 45 min timespan and then returned keys to desk. Very handy perk. The staff at the Ren Wailea were all excellent!

The following is my newly posted trip report for our hilton waikoloa experience as you inquired about.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/003719.html

Aloha..and enjoy your trip.. T Q
Old Mar 7, 2002, 8:48 pm

Location: MCI. AA Plat, UA PrmEx., Mrrtt Gold, Hz Pres.Circle, HHonors Gold
Good trip report. That info is helpful. It seems a bit annoying that they played hardball about the lounge on the first night. I know in some Hiltons they do this, whereas in others they immediately hand you a lounge keycard even if your room is elsewhere. We're going for a honeymoon trip, so I hope we don't get the runaround on the ALON part of our stay.
Old Mar 26, 2002, 10:49 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
Res at Rennaisance Maui

Anyone know anything about this hotel??? I am debating between this one and the Westin Maui. Same rate different locations.
Old Mar 26, 2002, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GoCanes:
Anyone know anything about this hotel??? I am debating between this one and the Westin Maui. Same rate different locations.</font>
I LOVE the Renaissance Wailea Beach....smaller hotel than the Marriott (only 345 guest rooms)...great beach, there are threads out there on this hotel and other's opinions
Old Mar 26, 2002, 2:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I can't speak for the Westin, but the Renaissance was nice and the construction next door was not an issue. Do a search and I think there are two Threads, possibly three with detailed (including mine) reports on the Renaissance Wailea Beach. If you have any additional questions regarding the Renaissance Wailea, I would gladly answer any of them via email
Old Mar 26, 2002, 8:42 pm
T Q

here's the link to the recent post of the property that many of us highly recommend..

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/001346.html
Old Apr 16, 2002, 11:20 am

To those who recently stayed in the Mokapu Beach rooms, how were they? Any location you'd recommend?

Looking forward to an October honeymoon visit....

Old Apr 16, 2002, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Jackstraw45:
To those who recently stayed in the Mokapu Beach rooms, how were they? Any location you'd recommend?

Looking forward to an October honeymoon visit....

</font>
I'd call and speak with the Reservations Mgr and tell them it's your honeymoon and ask for an upgrade....can't hurt (it worked for me a few years ago)
Old Apr 19, 2002, 9:50 pm
T Q

We were on the 2nd floor of the Makapu and I'd recommend that for the vaulted ceilings and the better view of the ocean. The 1st floor units have doors that open to the grass area where the cabanas are, but the view of the ocean is better on the 2nd floor. You'll love the ocean waves that you hear day and night in the rooms. That's what's lost in the main hotel at the Ren Wailea, the sound of the waves.. Enjoy your trip!
Old Apr 29, 2002, 11:51 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
HORRIBLE RENAISSANCE WAILEA MAUI EXPERIENCE

I will post more details on this later, however I would not be caught DEAD at this property again.

If anyone at Marriott Corporate even remotely cares about my 150 nights I spent with them last year, I would appreciate hearing from them at their earliest convenience.

Also, if any PLT members out there have a phone number or email contact at Marriott Corporate Guest Relations, if you could provide that it would be a great help.

Thanks.
Old Apr 30, 2002, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by freeupgrade:
I will post more details on this later, however I would not be caught DEAD at this property again.

If anyone at Marriott Corporate even remotely cares about my 150 nights I spent with them last year, I would appreciate hearing from them at their earliest convenience.

Also, if any PLT members out there have a phone number or email contact at Marriott Corporate Guest Relations, if you could provide that it would be a great help.

Thanks.
</font>
You're email isn't listed in your profile so I'm unable to contact you but please give the number below a call and ask for Mr. Marriott's Guest Relations - You'll be transferred to SLC - but this is the top level for Guest Relations and I'm sure they'll be able to assist you with your issues - if you want the direct dial let me know but it's not tollfree

FYI...if anyone ever needs it...Marriott HQ is 800-638-8108

[This message has been edited by socrates (edited 04-30-2002).]
Old Apr 30, 2002, 5:08 am

Would you please enlighten us...and elaborate on your issue so that the rest of us can decide for ourselves on booking there?
Old Apr 30, 2002, 5:49 am

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Socrates,

Thank you - I sincerely appereciate your help. Also, I have fixed email problem - hopefully one should be able to send me an email now. Sorry about that.

Issues are just too numerous to mention here, yet do involve (but are not limited to) basic employee integrity issues. Not to mention room noise, non-functioning room "amenities", employee attitudes, etc.
The list goes on, yet hopefully one gets the idea.
IM4 - I am not going to get into any more detail here other than what I have stated above. I have been through enough already with this place, so if you want more people's opinions on this property, you may wish to do a search .

[This message has been edited by freeupgrade (edited 04-30-2002).]
Old Apr 30, 2002, 6:17 am

Socrates, I'll take the direct dial. Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.