Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Old Sep 24, 2010, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott, Hilton, Hertz
I have a question about Wailea. Do they have concierge lounge ? If not, do they provide breakfast for Platinum members ? Thanks.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No. No.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 7:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum; UAL Silver
And the breakfast wasn't nearly as good as at the Waikiki beach Marriott.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 5:45 am

Programs: UA 1K Marriott Plat SPG Gold
I have never been to this location but am thinking about staying there for my Thanksgiving trip to Maui. The hotel charges $20 a day for parking. From Google Maps I can see the hotel is fairly close to the Shops at Wailea, which provides free parking.

Is it a good idea/doable to park my rental car at the Shops to save 20 bucks a day?
Old Sep 25, 2010, 5:53 am

Programs: UA G MM, AS 75K MVP, Delta Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Gold, PC Spire
Parking

There is a $25 a day resort fee, this includes parking (or did last year).
Old Sep 25, 2010, 6:38 am

Programs: UA 1K Marriott Plat SPG Gold
Updated:

Googled and found on a third-party vendor website regarding what the resort fee includes: self-parking is included. Good to know!

RESORT FEE: The Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa charges a mandatory Resort Fee of $25 per night per room that is in addition to our rates and that will be automatically added to your bill by the hotel. The Resort Fee provides the following: Unlimited U.S. Domestic Long Distance Phone Calls; Unlimited Local Phone Calls; Outgoing Domestic; U.S. Fax Service (up to 20 pages); Daily Self-Parking; 1-Liter Bottle of Water per day (in-room); 500 Marriott Reward Points per stay; 15% discount on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services; Grandes' Gems - 10% discount on jewelry purchases (excluding special events) and complimentary jewelry cleaning between the hours of 3pm-5pm daily; Mandara Spa - 10% discount on 50-minute service and complimentary spa gift; Mala Wailea Restaurant - 20% discount in Restaurant, Dinner only (excludes lounge dining, Pre Fixed Menu, early bird specials and alcoholic beverages); Maluhia Pool - 20% discount on full Cabana and Casabella rentals; Pool Side Concierge & Activities - 20% off any scuba lesson or ocean dive and 20% off paddle board rental; Two Welcome Mai Tai drinks per stay at Kumu Bar & Grill OR Two Cups of Starbucks Coffee per stay at Lauhala Hut; *Services are subject to change at the hotel's discretion.
On my reservation details parking is listed as $20 a day charge in addition to the $26+ resort fee.

Originally Posted by jmmlaguna
There is a $25 a day resort fee, this includes parking (or did last year).

Last edited by loneraven; Sep 25, 2010 at 8:28 am
Old Sep 25, 2010, 9:25 am

The self parking spaces were the tightest I've ever seen!
Old Sep 26, 2010, 6:03 am

Programs: UA
Thank you all for the replies!

Is the breakfast complimentary? I received a good rate on the room, but as far as I know it is not a breakfast deal as well.

If not, how much is breakfast? We are not big breakfast eaters so if it is a substantial cost we may just grab some things from the nearby mall (bagels, cereal etc) and that would be great for us since there is a fridge in the room.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by loneraven
Updated:

Googled and found on a third-party vendor website regarding what the resort fee includes: self-parking is included. Good to know!

On my reservation details parking is listed as $20 a day charge in addition to the $26+ resort fee.

From another thread, I believe I saw that the $20 fee for parking is if you choose NOT to pay the $26 a day resort fee. I remember this because the person said they just chose the resort fee because they would have had to pay almost just as much for parking only.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 8:50 am

You might request to be away from the kids pool if you are on your honeymoon. That would be my only recommendation. You will have a great time!

your rate does not include breakfast, but there is a Starbucks on sight and they have somewhat resonable breakfast items.

We loved going to deli 808 for lunch.

CSBM
Old Sep 26, 2010, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Was there on a point stay earlier this year.

Yes, the resort fee is optional, and does cover the parking.

Yes, the parking spaces are uber-tight. I always tried to park next to a pillar, which provided some room.

No, you cannot park in the Wailea shopping center lot, they do have people who monitor that sort of thing.

No complimentary breakfast. Heard it's not very good anyway. We stayed for, I think it was four or five days, we always grabbed breakfast off-site and brought it back.

Suggestion: After you depart the airport, almost immediately on your left will be a Costco. Go buy about a dozen 1.5 liter bottles of water for about $7....best deal around. We always left two or three of those bottles in the in-room fridge overnight (took most of the space in the fridge) and then they were nice and cold, ready to go for the day.

Suggestion II: We loved Matteo's, an Italian restaurant just up the road from the shops (about a 10-minute walk from most rooms). It's not the greatest food ever, but it's pretty darn good for Maui. What's also good is that they are open later, and you can grab some to-go stuff that will be a much better value for the price, much better than room service. Prices are pretty good for the swanky Wailea area.

Things to avoid: Poolside drinks at Marriott (weak and overpriced) and Cheeseburger in Paradise in the mall (most avoid it in the first place, we were starving and the prices were okay, but 'blech' food and bad service).
Old Sep 26, 2010, 9:53 am

Congratulations and thoughts

It's not the Four Seasons, but we went last year and enjoyed it.

The Starbucks mentioned, not sure if it's actually a starbucks or just the hotel uses starbucks coffee, but it is in a hut down by the water. Not that long a walk and there's a nice view down there. We didn't try it, but lots of folks around with the starbucks cups.

We liked the "Honolulu Coffee" in the shopping center for light breakfast. A few blocks walk, but we just drove, parked and sat at their tables in the shopping area. I think we went over to the Fairmont for their $$ breakfast one time and would recommend it as a treat for your honeymoon.

For dinners, for your perusal, we liked Joes (Simply Delicious Food) up at a tennis center and Spago in nearby FS (recommend reservations and indication that it's honeymoon and if possible, view over the water).

Definitely mention that you are honeymooners to Marriott folks, but I wouldn't get demanding or whiny, instead maybe writing to them requesting non-kid area if possible because you are on your honeymoon. You don't sound at all demanding, but I wanted to mention it because there are many, many, many other people on their honeymoon and anniversary there and sadly, some folks ruin it for others for their irritating demands that they be treated better than everyone else.

That being said, Marriott is extremely child friendly and they do have spots that are more conducive to families, like a room on the ground level near the kids pool... they should be able to get you elsewhere if they know about it and aren't too busy.

Hope this is helpful. Flyertalk certainly has been helpful to me. Hearty Congratulations to you!
Old Sep 26, 2010, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by LessO2

Suggestion II: We loved Matteo's, an Italian restaurant just up the road from the shops (about a 10-minute walk from most rooms). It's not the greatest food ever, but it's pretty darn good for Maui. What's also good is that they are open later, and you can grab some to-go stuff that will be a much better value for the price, much better than room service. Prices are pretty good for the swanky Wailea area.

Things to avoid: Poolside drinks at Marriott (weak and overpriced)
^ Absolutely agree with both of these. ^
Old Sep 26, 2010, 9:52 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by FriendlyTravelor
The Starbucks mentioned, not sure if it's actually a starbucks or just the hotel uses starbucks coffee, but it is in a hut down by the water. Not that long a walk and there's a nice view down there. We didn't try it, but lots of folks around with the starbucks cups.
They actually have a full-service Starbucks off the lobby. They made quite a big deal out of it with cards in the rooms, signs at the check-in desk, etc. And what's nice is that they have a special Kopalani blend that includes some Hawaiian coffee beans--otherwise there's no way I'm going to Maui and drinking the same coffee I can have at home!

Also, regarding the drinks at the poolside bar, I completely agree. The bartenders at the Mala Wailea lounge and bar, though, served wonderful drinks and are genuinely nice people.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 5:56 am

Wow, thank you so much everyone for the replies and suggestions.

I will be sure to email them and request a room not near the kids pool and let them know that we will be on our honeymoon. I am certainly not looking for any special treatment or have any demands, but the small extra touches that I know Marriott is great at would certainly be a nice surprise for us.

Good suggestions for breakfast. I'm from the northeast, where Dunkin Donuts coffee is my drug, so I am not so sure I will be making many stops at Starbucks (but I will try their Hawaiian blend for sure).

Mall and nearby areas sound good for breakfast. We are early risers and enjoy walks, so it sounds like a nice morning routine heading into town or the mall area for breakfast.

We will have a car, so that will also getting around for dining. We like to go out and experience the local food, but in the event we want to stay in one night, has anyone tried Mala? I am assuming it is pricey, so is it worth the price?

Lastly, does anyone have an email for this hotel? Marriott's website is no help. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.