Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Old Apr 9, 2010, 7:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, UMP, SPG
USI, Thank you very much for the info.-great view. I had looked at the resort map on the Marriott website but it was still hard to tell. Can you please comment on what you thought of the suite itself-any upgrades compared to a regular room such as flooring or bathroom? Thanks again
Old Apr 9, 2010, 2:17 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
My room had both a tub and shower, plus double sinks, AFAIR, and it was a very nice bathroom. The living room was large, and was divided from the bedroom by heavy sliding doors, shoji shade style, except light did not come through the opaque white panels as it would with shoji shades. The flooring was white or light gray ceramic tile, with a few area rugs in the appropriate places. I am not sure how it compares to other rooms, since I did not see any other rooms when I was there. I liked the room a lot, and thought it was quite nice, both as a suite, and as it compared to rooms/suites from hotels I stay in around the country. All in all, a very nice room!
Old Apr 11, 2010, 8:38 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Wailea Beach Resort: Where should I golf

Staying at Marriott Wailea Beach Resort April 17-22. I have never stayed at this property and am not familiar with the numerous golf courses in the area. I would appreciate input and suggestions from anyone who has the knowledge
Old Apr 12, 2010, 7:40 am

In my opinion, Kapalua is the best. It is a bit of a drive (hour or so) but is the best and most scenic on the island. They have multiple courses there but play the Plantation course. Green Fees are around $225 but the views are amazing.

If you are looking for something a little bit closer, play the Wailea Gold course. It is only a couple minutes away and is also a fantastic course.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL, UAL, SWA, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver
I played at Makena Golf club in February. Its about 10 minutes from the Wailea Marriott. Great course though not as fancy as Kapalua. FANTASTIC ocean views that get better every hole.

If I stay at that Marriott again, I would play it again versus driving all the way to Kapalua or Kaanapali.

http://makenagolf.com/

Enjoy.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by discjester
In my opinion, Kapalua is the best. It is a bit of a drive (hour or so) but is the best and most scenic on the island. They have multiple courses there but play the Plantation course. Green Fees are around $225 but the views are amazing.

If you are looking for something a little bit closer, play the Wailea Gold course. It is only a couple minutes away and is also a fantastic course.
Spot on! Kapalua plantation course is phenomenal...well worth the drive and the cash...
Old Apr 12, 2010, 7:02 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Wailea gold and emerald are great courses with good ocean views on almost all holes. Kapulua is more spectacular and harder, but it is a drive to the other side of the island, and it is the more rainy side of the island.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 12:16 pm

Day rate at Wailea Marriott

Upon checking out of the Maui Ocean Club earlier this week, I saw a poster at the front desk advertising a day rate at the Wailea Marriott. Looks like it would come in handy for those waiting for the red-eye flights back to the mainland.

"Hele Mai" package
- $199 room rate
- Check out 8pm
- Self-parking and casabella rental included
- 2 Mai Tais
- Subject to room availability

Need to call Wailea's front desk and ask for the Hele Mai package.

Doesn't sound like a bad deal for ~8hrs, assuming a 10am checkout time from Ocean Club and an hour drive down to Wailea.
Old May 3, 2010, 6:53 pm

Programs: MR LTP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
What is the Casabella rental?
Old May 3, 2010, 7:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum; UAL Silver
Thanks for posting that. I was wondering what we we're going to do that entire day between checkout and the late flight on 6/30.
Old May 3, 2010, 8:29 pm

Hmmmm. I wonder if that means they won't even talk to you if you try to negotiate a late checkout, say 3 pm. "Comping" you a 3 pm checkout would be giving you at least half of something they value at $199.

OTOH, if I was that bored in vacation land and at a loss for what to do with my last 8 hours, $199 would buy me a ton of drinks at a sports bar, Starbucks, or whatever.

OTOH, there's been a few times I'd have been excited as heck for the opportunity to trade $199 for my own personal toilet. Guess it depends on what kinda day you're having.
Old May 5, 2010, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by texdoc
What is the Casabella rental?
I believe it's almost like a cabana, but it's a covered hut with a loveseat instead of lounge chairs, used while you're at poolside.
Old May 5, 2010, 2:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum; UAL Silver
Do you get credit for a night for this?
Old May 5, 2010, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Day Rates do not receive night credit
Old May 21, 2010, 12:39 pm

Programs: United Airlines
FULL Starbucks opening at Wailea Marriott

Actually looks like it will open May 26 http://www.marriotthawaii.com/media-...ar-cool-summer

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.