Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Old Mar 23, 2010, 7:56 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond
I don't have the hotel's concierge email addresses, but you should be able to either call the hotels directly to get that info or call MR and ask them to get it for you.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 11:25 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
We just stayed at the Wailea Marriott the 4th-11th and love it. On a Honeymoon the adults only infinity pool is really nice. Here is the info from the Guest Service Coordinator we had correspondance with prior to our stay.

Rachel E. DeCoite
Guest Service Coordinator
[email protected]
Old Mar 23, 2010, 8:23 pm

Thanks so much for all the help!!

We are really looking forward to our trip.
My husband is Platinum and would it help to email ahead of time to get an upgraded room?
Do I just email the hotel or GM directly?
WE are celebrate an anniversary and a birthday.
Thanks again, I appreciate the replies.

CSBM
Old Mar 23, 2010, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CSBM

My husband is Platinum and would it help to email ahead of time to get an upgraded room?
I had one of those occasions you listed. I e-mailed in advance, it didn't really help (and I'm a Plat). They sent me a congratulatory note that didn't say they would do anything, but they noted the occasion in the reservation. It was acknowledged on my arrival, but the room upgrade was barely an upgrade. They said they were pretty full at the time.

waileamarriott at marriott dot com if you wanna try. That's the e-mail address the Plat line gave me, and they did respond within 24 hours.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 11:54 am

Programs: United Airlines
Something fun to do if you're going in June

http://www.marriottrewardsinsiders.m...ID=14000003621
Old Mar 31, 2010, 9:53 am

Programs: GGL, UA 1MM

CSBM
I am not convinced this makes a lot of difference - they upgrade you if they need to. When we went, we were upgraded, first I knew was checking Marriott.com website 2-3 days out, it then changed again (up) a day before. When we checked in, we were offered a further upgrade (suite) for $$$, which we regretted later not taking - though the room we had was great.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 11:36 am

Programs: UA 1K /2mm / Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hilton Diamond
Resort fee

If you get 2 rooms, one for the parents and one for the kids connecting, do they make you pay the resort fee twice? I went for the room I wanted up front instead of hoping for the upgrade that never comes there.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 4:03 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club

CSBM
I requested an upgrade in advance by calling the hotel and I got an endcap suite with a spectacular view. I am sure with an anniversary and birthday that the hotel would accomodate your request cheerfully if at all possible.

I did not use the safe, and did not find it necessary to hide or store my laptop anywhere than on the desk.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 7:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, UMP, SPG
We are a family of 5 and have a 2 bedroom suite booked. It's classified as ocean view but according to the hotel map, the suites are in the Haleakala tower, which seems quite far from the ocean compared to the other hale. It also seems that it's a side view rather than an ocean facing view. Can anyone please comment on the location of the suites-are they truly ocean view? Also, the rooms look a little sterile with the tile floors-can anyone comment on the room feel? Thanks so much.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 8:45 am

Programs: AA CK, Marriott LT Ti, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by turtlegirl
We are a family of 5 and have a 2 bedroom suite booked. It's classified as ocean view but according to the hotel map, the suites are in the Haleakala tower, which seems quite far from the ocean compared to the other hale. It also seems that it's a side view rather than an ocean facing view. Can anyone please comment on the location of the suites-are they truly ocean view? Also, the rooms look a little sterile with the tile floors-can anyone comment on the room feel? Thanks so much.
In Hawaii, hotels have ocean view and ocean front. An ocean view room is considered any room that you can see the ocean from (it doesn't matter how close or far away it is). An ocean front room means that you are the closest to the ocean on the resort property. Sometimes this is still a jaunt to get to the beach so typically the suggestion is to go for ocean view rooms.

Quick version: Ocean view doesn't mean you're on the beach

Hope this clears up your question regarding ocean view and room placement.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:13 am

Thank you for your reply. I know the difference between ocean-view and oceanfront, having been to the Hawaiian Islands 10 times... I'm wondering about this specific location as I would enjoy a suite, but not a suite with a limited view. Seems strange that they put all their suites in the same area of such a a large resort.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:20 am

Programs: UA 1P
Something I travel with is a laptop lock. It won't stop determined thieves, but it at least makes it a little more difficult to wander away with the laptop.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 1:43 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
I last stayed at this hotel in February 2008, and my room was in Haleakala tower, room 532, and my view was SPECTACULAR, truly! I walked in and I was in love with the view, which was front and center, right down the coastline. That kind of view is much more interesting to me than just overlooking a beach, which can get quite boring, especially at night. Looking down that coastline is angled, because of the shape of the coastline, and the architecture of that tower. Room 532 was an endcap suite, considered an ocean VIEW, not an oceanfront, because that tower is not directly on top of the sand. However, it is such a short walk, I was very happy with it. I could walk from my room, through the open lobby, to the pool area in about 4 minutes, or I could take the elevator in my tower down to the lowest level and then the steps down to the closest beach if I wanted, also about 4 minutes. I had absolutely no complaints! Do not pooh pooh ocean view, because sometimes ocean view can be a better view, IMHO, than oceanfront. I loved my stay at Marriott Wailea, and I would recommend it to anyone, including the CHOCOLATE BANANA and STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIES (to die for!) by the poolside bar, everything was great, except at the time, prices were still about $425 per night, bah humbug! LOL

PS. My suite was an endcap ONE BEDROOM SUITE, so I am sure that two bedroom suites would also be endcaps, but if you want to be sure, just call the hotel and ask, they are very accommodating! 808-879-1922

Last edited by USirritated; Apr 8, 2010 at 1:46 pm Reason: clarification on my type of suite
Old Apr 8, 2010, 2:09 pm

Thanks, US

I'm usually not so picky about the view but it's the first time we'll be in Maui for whale season and I wanted to see the proverbial "whale's breaching from my lanai" By endcap, I think you mean it juts out from the building? Also, did the suites, besides a living room, have anything "special" about them compared to a regular room-such as the bathroom? Were the floors tile, carpet, wood or a combo? Finally, did you get a lei greeting or does the Marriott not do that? Thanks again!
Old Apr 8, 2010, 2:24 pm

Thanks, US

I'm usually not so picky about the view but it's the first time we'll be in Maui for whale season and I wanted to see the proverbial "whale's breaching from my lanai" By endcap, I think you mean it juts out from the building? Also, did the suites, besides a living room, have anything "special" about them compared to a regular room-such as the bathroom? Were the floors tile, carpet, wood or a combo? Finally, did you get a lei greeting or does the Marriott not do that? Thanks again!
By endcap, yes, I mean it is the end of the building, and yes, it essentially juts out, and you should have a wonderful view of the whales from your balcony/lanai. Take a look at the building from the resort site plan. On the resort site plan, the Haleakala tower is the large "crooked J-shaped" building closest to the driveway circle by the lobby. My balcony basically pointed in the direction of the camera icon, which would be right down the coastline. If you click on the photo tab at the top, you will see almost the exact view that I had, though mine was a little bit to the right, and a bit higher up, so my coastline view was longer, and less obscured by trees. In that spot, the coastline is basically a series of SEMI-lagoons, plus a view of the island of Kahoolawe rising up from the ocean in the distance. You should see the whales swimming and breaching in between Maui and Kahoolawe.

Last edited by USirritated; Apr 8, 2010 at 2:25 pm Reason: removed duplicate word

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.