Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Old Aug 22, 2009, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Hmm, maybe there are two Wailea Marriotts. Or maybe I got lucky. But I didn't get the feel of an *old* resort - there weren't many infinity pools 30 years ago.

From my balcony - island/resort view award booking.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 12:41 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, HGP ♦; former elite in Hilton, Marriott & DL (just under MM thanks to Leo)
Red face

Originally Posted by CPRich
Hmm, maybe there are two Wailea Marriotts.
Absolutely. You had a fantastic view and great accommodations, and now I know why at check-in they worked very hard to get me to keep paying up more and more. Maybe its a solid case of you get what you pay for and a silver MR member using points gets something less, much less... And perhaps that's the way it should be... Isn't that why we cherish earning higher elite levels?
Old Aug 25, 2009, 6:45 am

Programs: UA PP/Marriott Platinum Elite/Hyatt Diamond/Avis Preferred/Hertz Presidential
Hmm, maybe there are two Wailea Marriotts. Or maybe I got lucky. But I didn't get the feel of an *old* resort - there weren't many infinity pools 30 years ago.

From my balcony - island/resort view award booking.
What's the room number, great view? Rooms close by too please?.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 11:46 am

Programs: DL Gold, AMEX DL Plat
Just stayed there for my honeymoon and I have nothing but great things to say about this resort. My only issue was that there was a leak from the tropical storm that just hit, but they moved us to another room and upgraded us.

We spent the entire time at the adult pool when at the pool. the staff was excellent and remembered our name and our order from the day before. Everytime we went anywhere on the resort, people were great.

I think some people go in thinking this place is going to be a Sandles or something. Excellent hotel. Please ask any questions you may have.

I did the Lahiana Luau over the Marriott one. I choose that one as you can watch the marriott luau from the sidewalk.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 3:58 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Mahalo for the beautiful photo of infinity pool and ocean...I loove this property....

I leave September 15 for 2 weeks there....am in countdown mode....
Old Sep 24, 2009, 7:37 pm

Programs: United Airlines
Talking Lower Points in Maui just announced

The Marriott Wailea Beach Resort is now a Category 6 Hotel in Marriott - you only need 30K points for 1 night stay now.
-------- Rewards Schedule --------
# Nights # Points Reward Code
1 Nt 30,000 1NC6
2 Nts 60,000 2NC6
3 Nts 90,000 3NC6
4 Nts 120,000 4NC6
5 Nts 120,000 5NC6
Old Sep 24, 2009, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Waikoloa Beach, Big Island, is listed as a Cat 5 - didn't it used to be a 6?
Old Sep 25, 2009, 9:40 am

Programs: Continental Plat/MM, Marriott Gold
I would be very happy if this extends to Oahu & Kauai. The new reward amounts are killing me for next summers visit.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Waikoloa Beach, Big Island, is listed as a Cat 5 - didn't it used to be a 6?
Yes it did! And I have a five night stay in November I "paid" 120,000 points for. I need to call and get 20,000 points back.

Update- called, got my points back.

Reservation agent said that they've been getting a lot of comments that the MVC's were the same category as the hotels in Hawaii but much nicer so they've dropped the hotels a bit to make them more attractive.

Last edited by VickiSoCal; Sep 25, 2009 at 10:17 am
Old Sep 25, 2009, 7:26 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Thank you so much for this - I have a 2 week stay starting in about a week in Maui - I am going to call Platinum Premier Desk and rebook under Cat 6 point schedule....
Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:35 am
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
Help with M Wailea

When is the best time to book?? Points? Cash? Likely will budget about 3-4 nights paid plus the MR nights.

I have a bit over 90,000 pts. Am Silver. Will be in Maui for 2 weeks from 4 Feb. Note that specials do not seem to be valid that far ahead yet, ie if I wait, I might be able to get more that 3 nts with my points. If I wait, the rooms for points may be gone?!

For cash, seems like I might as well wait til closer in time. By then will know how many, if any, nights I have with points, the dates, and will be able to do some price hunting.

These are the only points we have enough of for nights on Maui. The rates will gives us some indication of how many nights we can afford in Wailia area.

We will also stay in Lihaina/Kaanapali and maybe Kahului. Even thinking about a couple nights on Molokai.

Comments/suggestions?? Mahalo!
Old Oct 7, 2009, 4:54 pm

thanks for the headsup....I was staying there over the xmas holidays for 4 nights using points...I called to change it to 5 nights....and as a result I got 20,000 points back...lol

i was charged 140,000 pts for 4 nights...now I am staying for 5 nights for 120,000..
what luck
Old Oct 7, 2009, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you're looking to use points, I would do it ASAP - rooms are available Saturday night 51 weeks ahead of time (at least they used to be). The cheapest award redemptions (island view/resort view/etc.) go quickly, leaving you with better views (Ocean View, Ocean Front, etc.) that require additional points or cash for the upgrade.

I'd book ASAP with cash also. Just keep checking every so often - you can always book at a lower rate, should you find it, and cancel the existing reservation. You can also re-deposit your points and re-reserve should a better offer come up (though I'd do this on line just in case the availability disappears between depositing your points on-line and making the replacement reservation).

Check the Hawaii forum for advice - I spent 4 in Wailai and 7 in Kaanapali earlier this year. I've been in Maui 3 times and would stick with those two - I wouldn't stay in Kahului. For another island, Kauai would be my first choice, Molokai would probably be 5th or 6th on the list (Maui, Kauai/Big Island, Oahu, Molokai/Lanai, Niihau, Kohoolawe)
Old Oct 25, 2009, 9:55 pm

Programs: UA1K, AVIS First, Marriott Gold, *wood Gold
Keep 'em coming

Thanks for all the reviews; keep 'em coming.

I am draining the points bank for two weeks with the family over Christmas and New Years.

Specifically, I want to hear about the kids camp/babysitting/activities. Mrs. UAL1K and I could use a few minutes of grown-up time.

Also, is the pool reconstruction finished? I found pictures of some dinky McDonald's playground slides in a splash area. Are those the only "water slides" for the kiddies?"
Old Oct 27, 2009, 7:30 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by UALUNOK
Thanks for all the reviews; keep 'em coming.

I am draining the points bank for two weeks with the family over Christmas and New Years.

Specifically, I want to hear about the kids camp/babysitting/activities. Mrs. UAL1K and I could use a few minutes of grown-up time.

Also, is the pool reconstruction finished? I found pictures of some dinky McDonald's playground slides in a splash area. Are those the only "water slides" for the kiddies?"
IIRC there are a couple of kiddie / slide / etc. pool type things. Seemed like there would have been plenty to help entertain a little one...although we didn't have any kids at the time we were there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.