Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2001, 10:24 pm

By all means, book the Renaissaince Wailea if you can. Much nicer than the Maui Marriott. Great snorkeling adjacent to the property. Gorgeous hotels and grounds all along the beach in Wailea.
Kanapali and Lahaina are not too far; we went there twice while staying at the Renaissance for 5 days. Kihei is fun and kind of funky. Read "cheap" as in $$, not as in sleazy, on the previous post, I think the poster meant.
Staying at the Kauai Marriott for the first time in Oct. Can't wait!
Old Oct 17, 2001, 6:41 am

Programs: AC*E
Rennaisance Wailea

Has anyone stayed there recently?
Is the construction nearby completed?
Which side of the hotel is furthest from the noise?
Any help would be appreciated, I am there the second week of November.
Cheers
Old Oct 17, 2001, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

I asked the same question a few months back - take a gander at the archives.

I was at the Renaissance in the Makai wing over Labor day. Construction was non-existent due to the weekend and the holiday.

On the week-day nights I was there I barely knew any construction was going on - and I was facing the construction site with an ocean view.
Old Oct 23, 2001, 1:03 pm

I was just there Sunday night (10/21), had a Priceline room, 5th floor, terrace (read trees and service area) of the Kihei wing. This is the wing on the northern (right) side of the hotel. The construction was going on on Monday next door, but the noise was not noticable. If you end up in a cheap room like me in the Kihei wing I would suggest asking for a series 68 or higher. There is an exhaust fan outside 62 that makes a bit of noise. All the floors are fine, but 5 is most convenient for the lobby as it's on the same floor. 3 on the backside and 2 on the frontside have terraces that you can walk out of instead of good-sized balconies. The higher floors, 6 and 7 get the sun earlier in the morning.

If you're on the north side of the Makai wing the construction site is directly ahead of you though you have an ocean view of sorts. Better to ask for a room that faces south to the pool, better view at sunset also.

I have stayed at the Four Seasons before, as well as spent some time at the Grand Wailea and I have to say that I find the Renaissance to be the best, by far, in terms of intimate, comfortable Hawaii resort. The size is ideal. There seems to be fewer youngin's than at the larger places (Outrigger, Grand Wailea).

The rooms are very comfortable, nice fixtures, etc, good bathrooms. The lobby area is stunning. The pool and beach are nice also. I was pleasantly surprised with my $130 Priceline room, even without the view.
Old Nov 26, 2001, 12:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Renaissance Wailea Maui

Since this property doesn't have a club lounge, I am curious if I could still get my plat amenity of a free weekday complimentary breakfast. It says not available at Resorts which this supposedly is.

has anyone hear been able to squeeze a free continental breakfast out of them?
Old Jan 10, 2002, 12:21 pm

Wailea Reniassance Hotel

I am going for a few nights in March. Could anyone recommend a really great hotel room (number or floor) or interesting things about the hotel? We have an ocean view. I have been to Maui--including Wailea. Just never had an opportunity to stay at the hotel.

Thanks.
Old Jan 10, 2002, 12:28 pm

We are going in May and booked Mokapu wing rooms - apparently an ocean-front separate wing 2 stories only; separate pool.

Cost was an additional $120/night over standard points. Ocena view for comparison was an additional $60.00
Old Jan 10, 2002, 1:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Lucky for you guys, unfortunate for us, it looks like we will be the guinea pigs. We are going Jan 23rd for five nights at this hotel. Will let you know upon return.

If anyone else has some hints, would be much appreciated. FWIW, I called them and they said that they give Plat upgrades.
Old Jan 10, 2002, 2:36 pm

Have not stayed there, but there is a great sushi restaurant with half priced early
time dinner prices. Very popular with locals and tourists who find out. We ate there alot during our summer trip.
Old Jan 10, 2002, 3:59 pm

I have stayed there 3 previous times. Will be back there again this February. Feel free to e-mail me if you have specific questions.
Old Jan 10, 2002, 6:40 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
ckinsey, Did you call the hotel directly for that, or did that show online? I'm looking for a set of dates and see only two types of room Garden View and Ocean View..

Old Jan 10, 2002, 10:04 pm

Made the reservation then called the hotel for the upgrades. Very helpful and patient staff.
Old Jan 11, 2002, 3:07 pm

In my mind, the only place to stay in Maui. Been there 3 times and wish I was there right now!

No water slides (thank goodness) but nice relaxed resort atmosphere with a great beach.

The Mokapu Beach Club is in front of the right wing of the hotel facing the ocean. I haven't stayed there, but it sure doesn't look like its worth the extra couple hundred a night to get a free continental breakfast. They have a separate small pool, but it is nothing special, besides, Mokapu beach at the hotel is great and is quasi-private.

I'm a Gold and they upgraded me to a nice ocean view room on the left side (facing ocean) two floors up from the lobby level which is on the third floor. Awesome view at night overlooking the pool, beach and ocean while hearing live music floating up from the lounge area.

Maui no ka oi!

jb
Old Jan 11, 2002, 3:41 pm

Well, we're using points and ocean veiw was going to be an additional $60 so we went for another $60 for Makapu. Hope we don't regret it.

Besides, this is the only thing we have to pay for on the whole trip so what the hell.
Old Jan 11, 2002, 6:47 pm

Makapu Wing at the Wailea Reniassance is very nice. We’ve stayed twice before and will again this year. It’s not fancy or glitzy, but very private and comfortable. Right on beach with private lanai and continental breakfast delivered to your room each morning. Also, Makapu has its own private grassy area with lounges and a consierge just for Makapu guests. He’ll bring drinks, food, towels, etc. right to your chair and also will make reservations for dinner, etc. Small pool, but convenient for a dunk. I also agree with the Sushi/Japanese restaurant recommendation. Very good and yes, half or during early hours. We like the quiet, friendly atmosphere of Reiassance and especially Makapu. Wonderful beach too. Not busy and very pretty. You’ll love it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.