Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2022, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by playsccr
Thank you for the write-up. I will be going in August with two kids (7/9).
  1. How was the availability of beach chairs?
  2. How about availability of chairs around the Adventure Pool?
All the chairs at the adventure pool were gone before it even opened pretty much. People would wake up go put towels on the chairs and their water bottles then go to breakfast/get ready etc and come back. When I walked by there Thursday morning to get my coffee every chair was taken by a towel and there was no one there. So I would suggest getting up early and doing the same if you want to spend the day at the pool.

For the beach chairs. They don’t stay out but noticed people would wait by the beach activity desk in the morning for the guy to show up and get them out then would walk down to the beach with him.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 3:46 pm

Thank you for the write-up. I will be going in August with two kids (7/9).
  1. How was the availability of beach chairs?
  2. How about availability of chairs around the Adventure Pool?
Seconding above - although, I find that after 1PM, it's much easier to find chairs. I'd just throw our stuff on some of the adirondack chairs, and we never really tried to get actual lounge chairs. We didn't have kids though & if I did, I'd prefer to try to get a lounger.

Beach chairs we didn't use this time around - we leave to go to nicer beaches (IMO) like Maluaka, Big Beach, or even up to West Maui...obviously with kids in tow, it's a different equation.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:23 pm

restaurant recommendations for DINNER within walking distance of the Wailea Marriott?

Last edited by playsccr; Apr 28, 2022 at 12:33 pm
Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, United Premier Silver, National Executive Elite
restaurant recommendations within walking distance of the Wailea Marriott?
Not sure what you're looking for, but I like Monkeypod Kitchen. https://monkeypodkitchen.com/
Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by mciampa
Not sure what you're looking for, but I like Monkeypod Kitchen. https://monkeypodkitchen.com/
Dinner.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 1:56 pm

Dinner.
We enjoyed a burger and a beer at Waikiki Brewing Company.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 3:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mciampa
Monkeypod is good. So is Morimoto at the Andaz.
Old May 28, 2022, 1:02 pm

Programs: Marriott, United, Jetblue
Just got back from a recent 5 night stay, originally booked a garden view queens room for 2 adults 2 kids. Called morning of arrival and was upgraded to garden suite with balcony and a early checkin 11AM as lifetime platinum. Elite breakfast was Starbucks (pastry and coffee) or Wales Tale (fruit, pastry, coffee). Kids loved the adventure pool, chairs were easy to come by around 10AM daily. Food truck had a great poke bowl for good value. Humble Market Kitchen has a great kids menu. As recommend MonkeyPod for nearby lunch/dinner. Daily housekeeping made sure to refill nespresso pods.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 10:19 am

Is there a place in the Shoppes at Wailea to purchase beach/pool toys for children?
Old Jul 20, 2022, 10:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Is there a place in the Shoppes at Wailea to purchase beach/pool toys for children?
There's an ABC.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 5:46 pm

Programs: United 1K, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond, InterCon RA, PC Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
There's an ABC.
There is also the General Market store on the 1st floor and even Island Gourmet has some toys.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 10:23 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Kacee
There's an ABC.
Hawaii is one big ABC Store
Polytonic likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 1:00 pm

Last time I was there a few years ago, people would often leave their inflatable rings/toys/etc. at the pool when they went home for the next guest to use. You can ask an attendant which ones are "owner-free". Or, like other suggested, just walk across the parking lot to the ABC store (maybe a 5 minute walk). They will air up items you purchase from them for free.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 12:30 am

Programs: Marriott LTT; UA 1k
Does anyone know if this hotel takes SNA? I was told both yes and no by different ambassadors
Old Jul 24, 2022, 9:20 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by m0mo
Does anyone know if this hotel takes SNA? I was told both yes and no by different ambassadors
I have used them in the past although my current November reservation notes that it is not eligible for SNAs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.