Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2003, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by [email protected]:
i will be staying at the wailea marriott for a few days at the begining of august.
prior to that i will be staying at the wailea renaissance at the begining of the trip. I have a few questions ??

are the hotels near each other ??
will it be easy to move the luggage from one to the other ??

are they easy to get to from ogg airport ??

any recent stays at either and thoughts ??

thanks,

</font>
Hotels are very close to each other (just down the street)
Easy to move luggage-depends on what you tip the bellman; otherwise not sure
Hotels are very easy to get to from OGG; about a 15-20 min drive
Old May 1, 2003, 7:14 pm

I THINK THE REN WILL BE NICER FOR MY WIFE AND I AND THE MARRIOTT WILL BE NICER FOR THE KIDS ! I think it will give the vacation a little bit for everyone !

Are the hotels equally as nice ??

What can I expect in terms of platinum upgrades or services ??

thanks

scott
Old May 1, 2003, 7:29 pm

wailea marriott/renaissance

Does anyone have the e-mail address of the hotel general managers for either of these properties ??

any insight as to platinum upgrades or benefits ???

thanks
Old May 2, 2003, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by [email protected]:
I THINK THE REN WILL BE NICER FOR MY WIFE AND I AND THE MARRIOTT WILL BE NICER FOR THE KIDS ! I think it will give the vacation a little bit for everyone !

Are the hotels equally as nice ??

What can I expect in terms of platinum upgrades or services ??

thanks

scott
</font>
I've driven past the Marriott but this was last summer before the flag change and really couldnt say much about it but I love the Renaissance because of it's smaller size compared to the MHRS Maui Resort
Old May 2, 2003, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone have the e-mail address of the hotel general managers for either of these properties ??

any insight as to platinum upgrades or benefits ???

thanks
</font>
Renaissance is Chris Tatum [email protected]

Marriott is
[email protected]
Old May 2, 2003, 11:13 am

thanks

soc
Old May 5, 2003, 1:40 pm

wailea marriott/renaissance

i think i have narrowed this down to 8 ngihts in wailea. it's a family of 4 two kids ( 8/5 ). Which property would be the best/nicest/most fun/ most renovated / up to date ??

any recent stays ?? are they actually on the beach ??? ideas of things to do with the kids in wailea ??

thanks
Old May 6, 2003, 5:54 pm

BUMP
Old May 7, 2003, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i think i have narrowed this down to 8 ngihts in wailea. it's a family of 4 two kids ( 8/5 ). Which property would be the best/nicest/most fun/ most renovated / up to date ??

any recent stays ?? are they actually on the beach ??? ideas of things to do with the kids in wailea ??

thanks
</font>
They are both on the beach...unfortunately my last stay at the Ren was 5 years ago and I've never even been in the lobby of the Marriott so I can't speak about it...also was on my Honeymoon so I didn't pay attention to kids programs etc..sorry not much help. On the other hand the MHRS on Kaanapali Beach is very kid friendly...blew up their pool and re-did it complete with Kids Pirate Ship (Water Slide)
Old May 7, 2003, 7:56 am

NO AVAILABILITY THE WEEK THAT I WANT AT THE END OF JULY FOR THE TRAVEL PACKAGE !

ANY PULL ON YOUR END AT THE MAUI PROPERTY ??

THANKS
Old May 7, 2003, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

NO AVAILABILITY THE WEEK THAT I WANT AT THE END OF JULY FOR THE TRAVEL PACKAGE !

ANY PULL ON YOUR END AT THE MAUI PROPERTY ??

THANKS
</font>
I wish but unfortunately no
Old May 7, 2003, 12:13 pm

Actually, there is no beach front in front of the Waliea MArriott. There are beaches at both sides of the hotel but the area in front is rock. Dont let that deter you since the walk is minimal and the rock front is very nice.
Pool is much better at the Wailea Marriott as well. The pool at the Ren is very small. Most room at the Ren are set back from the ocean and it will be just as long of a walk.

Go to www.wizardpub.com and bring up the properties.

http://www.wizardpub.com/maui/mroutriggerwailea.html

http://www.wizardpub.com/maui/mrrenaissance.html

I like the Kaanapali Marriott the best as well. Many times you can get a suite for the same number of points as a regular roo
Old May 12, 2003, 12:33 pm

JJANSEN

can you also post what you have for the maui marriott

thanks
Old May 18, 2003, 1:43 pm

Unless rocks have been rolled in front of the Wailea (Maui) Ren within the last 3 years, there IS a beach in front of this hotel. There are rocks jutting out into the ocean in one area, and lots of people snorkle and dive there. This is a quieter facility than the Kaanapali hotel and is my favorite. The Kaan. Marr has been remodeled recently, and from reading other posts it seems to be the better facility for kids.
Old May 22, 2003, 12:45 pm

I much, much, much prefer the Renaissance over the old Outrigger. The Renaissance is much more intimate than the Outrigger which feels like a convention hotel to me. The Renaissance has a nice pool and beach area, fantastic lobby, awesome restaurants, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.