Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2020, 7:18 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
21 day cancel is ridiculous, what if you had confirmed positive Covid-19 exposure and was asked to isolate for a week?
I rest my case
Old Jul 3, 2020, 3:20 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
21 day cancel is ridiculous, what if you had confirmed positive Covid-19 exposure and was asked to isolate for a week?
If you're concerned then you'll definitely want to book a suite with a view!
Old Jul 13, 2020, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, 4mm
Well, that answers that:

"Dear Mr. Grail:

Hawaii Governor Ige has issued an emergency proclamation that mandates a 14-day quarantine for all travelers to Hawaii. Given this and other travel and social distancing restrictions, Wailea Beach Resort Marriott has made the decision to close temporarily, effect July 10, 2020. Accordingly, we have cancelled your upcoming reservation, arriving on August xx. We sincerely regret any inconvenience.

Thank you,

Marriott International"
Old Jul 13, 2020, 9:14 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Pre-travel Testing Program Delayed Until September 1 which means no way to avoid quarantine. Time to cancel your August trips.

https://www.hawaiitourismauthority.o...l-coronavirus/
Old Sep 23, 2020, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Just had my Oct 31st reservation automatically cancelled. Looks like hotel is now scheduled to reopen on Nov 1st.

-FlyerBeek
Old Sep 23, 2020, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Just had my Oct 31st reservation automatically cancelled. Looks like hotel is now scheduled to reopen on Nov 1st.

-FlyerBeek
Early Halloween surprise?

David
Old Sep 23, 2020, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek

-FlyerBeek
did they give you an anticipated opening date ?
Old Sep 23, 2020, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by edgewood49
did they give you an anticipated opening date ?
November 1st. I had a 7-night cert but they've blocked all the base rooms for award redemptions and are currently refusing to book for 7 nights arriving on Nov 1st (effectively shifting my previous reservation to the right by one day). Was able to at least get them to honor the 6 nights that I already had booking in November before they cancelled the reservation.

-FlyerBeek
Old Sep 24, 2020, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Just about the most Marriott thing ever...SMH
Old Sep 24, 2020, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Just about the most Marriott thing ever...SMH
Not good this property had always been good with rewards over the years. NOT GOOD. When they converted the flag 20 some years ago I checked in two days after it's changed a lot over the years mostly to the worst not better. They use to have a great lobby bar gone restaurants are horrible now as well. So goes the beach.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 9:50 am

Programs: UA 1K /2mm / Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hilton Diamond
I have a 11-14 Nov reservation on points that has a 21 October cancellation deadline. It won’t even be open, and it isn’t clear the testing /quarantine issue will be settled. Is there a cancellation policy for covid that changes this? I’m content to follow I til the end of the month if I can do so without penalty...
Old Oct 7, 2020, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by cmculp
I have a 11-14 Nov reservation on points that has a 21 October cancellation deadline. It won’t even be open, and it isn’t clear the testing /quarantine issue will be settled. Is there a cancellation policy for covid that changes this? I’m content to follow I til the end of the month if I can do so without penalty...
I would say to email them directly and ask. They were able to assist w/ my reservation for Thanksgiving week.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 4:56 pm

Any one know how upgrades have been lately? I saw some comments about SNAs and the front desk doing it for money, but wondering what to expect as Platinum in the current climate.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by Frindle
Any one know how upgrades have been lately? I saw some comments about SNAs and the front desk doing it for money, but wondering what to expect as Platinum in the current climate.
I can only speak in generality as I have attempted to use internationally to no avail in London other than at some lame properties all the rest say no which fascinates me because you would think that the hotels would like to see people checking in using the faculties cocktails dinner etc. I called the Titanium desk and even they commented about properties refusing to honor suite upgrades. At least they put in a request. Having said this Hawaii is most likely becoming the same the operators there are simply milking those properties instead of trying to welcome back tourist.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by Frindle
I just stayed at the WBR this past weekend as Platinum. The standard room was not available, but the next category up was (partial ocean view King room) for 50k + $10. I tried to apply SNA to no avail, so I emailed them asking if this was a technical error. After 2 days, there was no response from the hotel. Around 5 days before my stay, the hotel also emailed me to confirm my reservation, and I responded, asking them about the SNA.

I understand that the Suite Night Award was not available for you to request, however, as a valued Platinum Member we will honor a complimentary upgrade to the Ocean View Suite for your stay.
I hope this helps!
Kacee likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.